Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
There is such a beast, a component to vga adaptor and then use that disc that makes all the games run in HD and you'll be all set.

Thanks EG!! I found this one "Xploder"...

http://www.xploder.net/ps2/products/148/Xploder-HDTV-Player.htm

but they say they only have versions compatible with PAL and NTSC Ps2 systems....but that it is not compatible w/ the NTSC/J consoles :( I emailed them to see if there perhaps another one that can be used on Japanese consoles....

EDIT:
I found this one too...but whats all this talk of a Ps2 Linux Development kit, eh?

http://www.superufo.com/product_htm...olution_VGA_Adaptor_BL_0028_JPN_version_.html

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
neo_moe said:
Thanks EG!! I found this one "Xploder"...

http://www.xploder.net/ps2/products/148/Xploder-HDTV-Player.htm

but they say they only have versions compatible with PAL and NTSC Ps2 systems....but that it is not compatible w/ the NTSC/J consoles :( I emailed them to see if there perhaps another one that can be used on Japanese consoles....

EDIT:
I found this one too...but whats all this talk of a Ps2 Linux Development kit, eh?

http://www.superufo.com/product_htm...olution_VGA_Adaptor_BL_0028_JPN_version_.html

Well...perhaps you're best option would be to just play component. I gotta tell you my Sony Triniton non HD tube rivals my arcade monitors. I swear! You can ask around to some of the folks that ahve been here playing on the CMVS or the Neo CD. Also PS2 arcade ports look beautifull.

THere's gotta be a way to do what you want though. THere's also a Blaze device that unlocks VGA out of a PS2, but I'm not sure how friendly it will be with different regions.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Well...perhaps you're best option would be to just play component. I gotta tell you my Sony Triniton non HD tube rivals my arcade monitors. I swear! You can ask around to some of the folks that ahve been here playing on the CMVS or the Neo CD. Also PS2 arcade ports look beautifull.

THere's gotta be a way to do what you want though. THere's also a Blaze device that unlocks VGA out of a PS2, but I'm not sure how friendly it will be with different regions.

yep, thnk your right. ravenmgs and werejag also told me about a Kworld upscanner that works well w/ Ps2 and not too expensive (unlike an Xrgb). So perhaps that'll be a good solution. Main reason I want to play on a VGA monitor is coz my TV is too big to TATE...but my monitor is the perfect size. Plus, thats what my DC is already hooked up to it, so if I can get my Ps2 on it, it would be my perfect little shooter station...(once I get a custom ps2 joystick from you :))

But if that doesnt work out I'll just go component on my TV...worst case scenario I guess I can live w/ borders :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
neo_moe said:
yep, thnk your right. ravenmgs and werejag also told me about a Kworld upscanner that works well w/ Ps2 and not too expensive (unlike an Xrgb). So perhaps that'll be a good solution. Main reason I want to play on a VGA monitor is coz my TV is too big to TATE...but my monitor is the perfect size. Plus, thats what my DC is already hooked up to it, so if I can get my Ps2 on it, it would be my perfect little shooter station...(once I get a custom ps2 joystick from you :))

But if that doesnt work out I'll just go component on my TV...worst case scenario I guess I can live w/ borders :)
OOOoooh! A custom stick for vert shooters should be a dream come true for me, as for most sticks I make they have 6 or 4 buttons, so a 2 or 3 button stick with some shooter oriented CP art would be phenomenal.;)

I'm game whenever you are ready!:)

I agree with the VGA on the DC it looks fabulous, I haven't played the PS2 on VGA, but I have played it on a HD TV and all the 2D games look fantastic, Racing games also look extremely nice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Saturn2dfreak said:
Raiden Fighters Aces Demo
Hey Padna! I got you're message, I'm sorry I haven't replied, but we'll hook up soon and play some verts!

Robb

Crossed Swords Squire
Strikers 1945 on Playstiton 2

Just modded my PS2 today with the Infinity Matrix chip.
Waiting for my copy of Raiden DX to arrive. :)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
-R-Type Final
-Mobile Light Force 2
-Gekioh (PS1)
-Image Fight (PCE)
-Gunhed
-Final Soldier
-Nanostray 2

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Giltygear said:
-R-Type Final
-Mobile Light Force 2
-Gekioh (PS1)
-Image Fight (PCE)
-Gunhed
-Final Soldier
-Nanostray 2
Wait, wait, wait...Nanostray 2???

FOK

n00b
Lightening Force.

i can never...ever put that game down.

Gaiares is another great for me.

i hope i can get in on one of 68k's JGens soon.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Raiden Fighters on the SPI. Raiden Fighters Jet on the way :)

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Been playing my New dc which means lots of shooters.

Karous-dominated this game
Under defeat
Border down (like this one but suck at it)

Some others. Lots of good shooters to play

neo_mao

15 Year Member
jdotaku said:
Border down (like this one but suck at it)

yeah seriously...it irks me that as a punishment for dying on a easier path they push you back and make you play through a harder path...that makes no sense

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
ProGear ~

I tried playing this a few times awhile back and since manic style shooters aren't my thing I forgot about it fast. Now I'm totally hooked and the game doesn't seem impossible like it use to, although 5 continues is the best I've pulled off.

Certain parts of stage 4 & 5 and a couple of the final bosses attack patterns simply seem 100% impossible to avoid dying.