Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Purple Flame Dragon, I like this game so much. It's one of the few STGs that can be perfectly played in 2-Player mode without breaking into chaos anywhere. Just out of curiosity, on which one are you playing: PCB, Saturn or PS2 version/emulation?

On the ST-V multi (PCB)...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Got Bullet Soul Infinite Burst a few days ago, and got my first clear this morning. They changed the game into Dangun Feveron, which is odd but I find it more enjoyable than the original game. Also the TLB is a great "go with the flow" fight, very fun.

As a clear it's kinda lol tier though. It's only marginally harder than the original.
They kinda did, I love the OST, the game really brings you back to the good old days, it doesn't feel like one of them 3D shmups all floaty and lack of personality, I like it a lot. You're def doing better than I am though, not getting a clear yet, how many stages? I'm at stage 4 ATM.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I really wish i was playing some shmup ATM...i'm getting mega withdrawal symptoms!!....but yesterday Last resort & Strikers 1945+ MVS arrived...just to wet my old skool appetite some more:).

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Mars Matrix!!!

Never have I been happier to rebuy a game at a ridiculously inflated price. I finally "get" how it works it and it's a joy to play!

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I like the Dreamcast version most, but have only ever played it on a cdr. I've bought and sold the CPS2 version twice, it's an exercise in concentration with the bolt tapping. Takumi's best!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The DC has separate buttons but it's chopped pixel wise, it's a give something away to get something in return sorta port...

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I just go DonPachi in the mail today so that is what is in the cab to play now...any tips?

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
I've been playing the crap out of Sky Force for the AppleTV with my MadCatz controller. Super fun!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Finally.

25162360495_08f03da356_b.jpg

Chempop

I didn't have any lives/bombs left and forgot that enemies spew fast suicide bullets.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have been working on DFK for a little bit, finally broke my wall :D
I need to work on my scoring though so I can get that second extend :(
I also missed the extend on stage 3 for the second loop :(
Laser Batteries on Stage 5 suck.
UCYVnDz.jpg

Chempop

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock: Strikers1945pt1 1-ALL with all six ships

I like all the ships, great balance and variety! I think I will go for 1 mil with either Spitfire or Zero.
A great Psikyo PCB starter game, not too rough like Gunbird2 and usually affordable.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I have been putting in some time with Raiden DX on the jp psx. Gotta get used to not having a tiny hitbox.

Chempop

^Nice! I've never played DX, but I also have Raiden1 PCB in a cab. I'm rusty as hell at it but determined to improve.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I played Verytex recently, it's very easy, has a phenomenal FM score and plays like a PCE-CD game, also looks like one due to it's slightly awkward resolution. There are no options beyond the possibility to continue, which you won't use anyway, and the allegedly dramatically difficult last boss has an easy to spot safe-spot. Yet, I highly recommend this little MD STG.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock: Strikers1945pt1 1-ALL with all six ships

I like all the ships, great balance and variety! I think I will go for 1 mil with either Spitfire or Zero.
A great Psikyo PCB starter game, not too rough like Gunbird2 and usually affordable.
Badass!

And yes, great affordable game.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Decided to try to beat Recca on the Famicom. I can't believe how annoyingly hard this game is! Such a great game though.