Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If I were you, I'd stop playing Galuda right now in anticipation for Futari.

The 2 games have very different shot patterns/speed/aim - it'll mess you up.

You're right, I had them side by side running on the cabs and although the games are fun it does get kinda crazy, if I play Futari for too long I get all kinds of messed up with Galuda, biggest problem is the order of the buttons. I play most of the games with the ABC, C being full auto but with galuda C would be the bomb, it messes me up, it really does. I'm still stock in the 4th stage boss in Galuda though, for now I'm just gonna play Futari. I'm getting a bit confused with the counter system, I get the explosion chains and how patience can actually get you more explosion chains but I can't keep both counters in synch. I need more training.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Cyvern in the Aero and still Deathsmiles in the Cute .
I got Futari in the mail this week , tested it and have put it in the box for later.
I really want to play Cyvern some more before all my attention goes into Futari .

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cyvern in the Aero and still Deathsmiles in the Cute .
I got Futari in the mail this week , tested it and have put it in the box for later.
I really want to play Cyvern some more before all my attention goes into Futari .

Cyvern is a great game, medal chaining is actually easy and fun. Banish away the ground enemies and see the medals go up and up!

Playing Grind Stormer (Genesis version, graphics are weaker than arcade but not awful) and Lords of Thunder (Sega CD version, what a kickass game. Little easy, though).

syrotuck

n00b
ESP Galuda on the PS2. Though I kinda suck at it. My high scores are a little pathetic and I can't finish the 3rd level in one credit. Beautiful game tho, back to youtube for practice I think!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Sky Shark. Fuck all that Danmaku bullshit, back to the roots. Great game. Hammer the fire button like crazy or die! Ol' school TOAPLAN FTW !!! :buttrock:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Sky Shark. Fuck all that Danmaku bullshit, back to the roots. Great game. Hammer the fire button like crazy or die! Ol' school TOAPLAN FTW !!! :buttrock:

As a kid, I used to play that shit like crazy, on the PC. Along with this game, which I wish I could find and download:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
There are so many versions of mame, which are you referring to?

There's really only one version of Mame , the rest are like hacks that get updated right after every new official Mame release so grab the latest ShmupMame , Macmame , WinMame , blablaMame , or whatever Mame version 0.142u5 or newer ,download Baryon.zip and you are good to go .

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
just got MM pork/pink sweets , bullet soul and ddpdf 1.5 in the mail from rancor!!! been playing pork the most.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
playing some Shikigami No Shiro on the Ps2. Having a blast with it :-) gonna have to track down the second one.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Currently playing Donpachi (on the PS1), using B-Type. Managed to get to the second loop after a week of practice, but l still need to clear up my technique in the first loop (not to mention find the 8 or so bees that I'm missing in stages 4 and 5).

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's Mushi overload here !

DSCF4654.jpg

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Daioh for STGT (fuck stage 5)
and
Kyukyoku Tiger II for Taito F3

jth

n00b
Just got my copy of Ketsui death label for the DS, enjoying it very much. its well worth the high price I paid for it

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing Ironclad on the mvs and Thunder Spirits on the SNES.

Last edited: