D-lite is a wicked old fuck

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
Believe it or not but he took the money and ran on a deal. Never came back.
I've had a few but I honestly can't tell if you're fucking with me. What do you mean? What deal, like a system mod? I just remember him doing lots of mods, did some for me, and seemed pretty legit. He had a legit job in Pharma why the fuck would he back out of a system mod deal worth almost nothing?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've had a few but I honestly can't tell if you're fucking with me. What do you mean? What deal, like a system mod? I just remember him doing lots of mods, did some for me, and seemed pretty legit. He had a legit job in Pharma why the fuck would he back out of a system mod deal worth almost nothing?

Almost 16 years ago this happened, bruv

After that happened he only made one more post wanting to buy Nightmare in the Dark. Last login was 2012.

Who knows why people do bad things. Maybe it was something as simple as it took him a while to get around to it and he eventually realized there were zero repercussions for him bouncing out and keeping the money at that point, is my guess. He never came back to explain himself and no one ever got in contact with him to ask what's up.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
wild. I recall some of my best deals were with him.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
Same here, Dragoli was a great dude every time I dealt with him. Shame it seems like he just lost interest and kept taking orders to mod stuff. Probably got so backordered he just said fuckit. It's not like he would've taken on those orders for profit to run away with it, he has a very legit job.
Almost 16 years ago this happened, bruv
We're going back in time Lonesage, before everything went to shit. I gave Scanberg (the gym rat) the password to my account the several months before I was shitcanned here and he posted some cringe unfunny shit. What happened with him? What happened with Butta and FatGuy? What about Tonk or Mercenary99x or whatever his name was? I've been away a long fucking time before Roker brought me back.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You have to wonder why you even came back, we're all trying to escape by this point.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
You have to wonder why you even came back, we're all trying to escape by this point.
It's all gone to Hell, everything is shit. Looking at my join date is weird because I think I joined in 2002 or 3, before my account was merged with the Chicago guys (which I guess is where that 2005 date comes from.) It's so fucked up to think how many years ago that was. It is depressing.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Believe it or not but he took the money and ran on a deal. Never came back.
Not just here, he was on many forums and had a lot of peoples’ money and systems. I still wonder what happened, a part of me still can’t believe he’d just suddenly scam and ghost, but what if he died suddenly and his family had no idea what to do with the systems?

Dean isn’t the only one that’s done this from around that time period though. There were so few people doing mod work then it seems like some people would do good work for years then get backed up and ghost.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
Not just here, he was on many forums and had a lot of peoples’ money and systems.
Oh please it would not have been about money or systems at all, that would be a pittance to him. Dragoli was a chemical engineer with a legit job in pharma if I remember right.

Far more likely that he just burned out on the hobby and said fuck it, after too much build up.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I remember dealing with Dean quite a bit. Sold me a copy of Magical Chase US for $250 in 2004. It was game and manual, no box. Not many people believe that it went for so cheap back then.

I've told this story a few times: Sent him my Supergrafx to be S-video modded, it unfortunately, arrived with a cracked shell. Dean had an extra SGX that he was willing to swap out the shell on and send back with the modded system. Couldn't believe how generous he was and still remember that to this day.

Definitely a shame that he literally took the money and ran. 16-bit, apparently, had a few PCE Duo's and R's he had sent and never got back, as well. But, I never had any problems with the guy. FYI, he still sells on eBay, I forget his seller ID, though.

Jon

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Dude can get fucked. Burned hella people on Digital Press, here, all over. Hope he chokes on a capacitor.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Not just here, he was on many forums and had a lot of peoples’ money and systems. I still wonder what happened, a part of me still can’t believe he’d just suddenly scam and ghost, but what if he died suddenly and his family had no idea what to do with the systems?

Dean isn’t the only one that’s done this from around that time period though. There were so few people doing mod work then it seems like some people would do good work for years then get backed up and ghost.

Probably died, after all, he was a wicked old fuck.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
the best part of this stinky dinkins guy coming back is that now roker can finally shut the fuck up and stop crying about how much he misses him.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
In all likelihood, it was the only instance of a PhD running an exit scam here. Nevermind being a crook moderator hiding in plain sight. Wish I could recall the moniker of a Livejournal group blog that gradually tallied each of the publicly discernible rip-offs Dean set up. IIRC, it documented at least 38 fraudulent console/adapter/handheld transactions from myriad forums & email listservs(many long defunct by now)... I remember eventually reading via Assembler & racketboy discussions that quite a few people located outside the U.S. & Canada were victimized, as well.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Google his name. The guy's still alive and well. Apparently, particularly active on LinkedIn and Instagram. I imagine he started selling all the systems people sent him over the years on eBay, gradually.

I still remember the excuses he was making, something about his house being fumagated? People not liking the excuses, and just leaving with no answers. @LoneSage can probably remember.

Jon

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
In all likelihood, it was the only instance of a PhD running an exit scam here. Nevermind being a crook moderator hiding in plain sight. Wish I could recall the moniker of a Livejournal group blog that gradually tallied each of the publicly discernible rip-offs Dean set up. IIRC, it documented at least 38 fraudulent console/adapter/handheld transactions from myriad forums & email listservs(many long defunct by now)... I remember eventually reading via Assembler & racketboy discussions that quite a few people located outside the U.S. & Canada were victimized, as well.

All of this. It was in mail fraud territory. Hope he gets fucked with a rusty fishing knife

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Oh please it would not have been about money or systems at all, that would be a pittance to him. Dragoli was a chemical engineer with a legit job in pharma if I remember right.

Far more likely that he just burned out on the hobby and said fuck it, after too much build up.
Might just midlife crisis …. Or something happened in his personal life.