D&D Mystara Chronicles Asian Version language support

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Anyone know if this version has english text in it? Looking to buy a copy of it since I prefer physical copies of a game. Don't care much about the online multiplayer featured in the US version of the game.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Kinda strange that the Jp/ Asian retail copy is being developed by Capcom's in-house dev team, same guys that worked on the CPS-2 board.

I bought the asian version but I can't find any options for english text in it so i'm guessing there isn't a option to change the language, it's still easy to play even not in english.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Kinda strange that the Jp/ Asian retail copy is being developed by Capcom's in-house dev team, same guys that worked on the CPS-2 board.

That's a trip. I didn't think any of those folks worked there anymore.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
It's mind-boggling that Capcom decided to develop two entirely different ports of these games; a really good one for the Japanese market and a mediocre one for everywhere else. I think the international version has a lot of pointless novelty modes and added features to cater to modern credit-feeding sensibilities, while the JPN is mainly focused on delivering an undiluted arcade experience with the bonus of being able to use multiples of the same character.

Last edited:

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Got the Asian version too. Sadly there isnt any way to turn on English subtitles. Anyway, still a great game nonetheless. Loved this at the arcades years back.