Cyborg Force, new 2023 project

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Any chance of a Dreamcast port in physical form down the line? The game looks great and I wish you guys all the best finishing it out.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Any chance of a Dreamcast port in physical form down the line? The game looks great and I wish you guys all the best finishing it out.

Thanks! :beer:

There should be a DC port (as well as a PSP one) down the line yes, but I can't guarantee yet whether there will be a physical edition or if it will be digital only. :)

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
WARNING - GOOB-HEAVY POST :eye::eye:

Big update, on all fronts.
The game itself is close to completion and within a couple of weeks of we’ll be sending the rom for cart prototyping. We’ll be posting another gameplay video next month to show you as well as we can how the game looks and sounds on the Neo Geo (be it on the real hardware, FPGA or emulation).
Once the rom passes the final stage of tests and we have secured all the details related to the production, we will start the pre-order campaign, which you can expect in September or October.
On the physical side of things, we can now share what the AES/MVS will look like (more or less, as it’s still WIP). Some peeps have requested a collector’s edition - so we’ve got this alternate “Jesus Mk II” cover art that will be exclusive to the pre-order campaign, both in JP and US versions..

plenty of pics in spoiler
Spoiler:

AES-JP-box.jpg

AES-US-box.jpg

AES-JPCE-box.jpg

AES-USCE-box.jpg

kitMVS.jpg

We’re also introducing an edition intended to the emulation crowd who don’t have the original hardware, yet want to get some shiny stuff for their cab, their shelf, or any guilty pleasure they may have. This “ROMstick” or “mini-MVS” edition will contain a complete MVS kit and a boxed custom-printed USB key containing the rom files to load on their favourite device (emulators, NeoSD & Darksoft flashcarts, MiSTer…)

More pics of the thing in the next spoiler

Spoiler:

miniMVS2.jpg

miniMVS3.jpg

miniMVS4.jpg

miniMVS5.jpg

PC and retro-system ports (DC, PSP…) should follow.

NeoSeeD

n00b
Thanks @tomlee80 !:beer:

It's too early yet to say anything about ordering & pricing - we don't even know if we'll be partnering with a publisher or not.
We're pretty confident though that the development will be completed this year, and we won't be starting any preorder thing before it is. ;)
Any. chance that the game will be available for the Neo Geo CD? I'm down for a run and gun.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I know you guys can never have enough French language videos, so here:

It shows the entire first level of the game, and the capture quality is good. :beer:
Cool that video was really clear peaking french.
I do hope you guys will change those sound effects the deaths sound were a bit too over the top

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Thanks guys! :cheers:

Over the top is what we do - these silly sound effects are going to be there for all eternity, I'm afraid. :keke:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I kinda get a really Amiga or Mega Drive vibe from it! Both machines I love 100%! Neo not so much but if there is a DC or MD port I'm all over it.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
It's definitely Western in style, yes - so I get the Amiga/MD/MS-DOS comparisons. When you have such small characters and you still want to give them some very basic character traits, you don't have so many styles to choose from I guess.

MD port is 99% given up (it would basically have to be another game, and in that case we'd rather do... another game, really); PC version is about finished; PSP port is being playtested,; Ozzy has already started working on a DC port, all of which we'd like to make available for download and on the Romstick. Neo CD unconfirmed yet.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Out of curiosity are the PSP and DC versions just emu running the game or actually programmed for those systems. Just wondering.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I like the screen full of slow bullet platforming bullet hell vibe from that Vladimir video.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This looks like Halloween Harry and Cyberlip had a baby. Has very early 90s PC shareware vibes to it.

To the two or three people here who remember what the hell Halloween Harry is, kudos to you.

Animation is pretty lacking for a Neo game, and honestly I think it needs a fair bit more spit and polish in that regard. The backgrounds are completely static and repetitive. Enemies seem to only have one to three frames of animation.

Level design itself seems kind of plain.

The gameplay is just running to the right while dodging slow bullets from the same enemies over and over again. Now, you could say the same for other classic games of this ilk like Contra and Metal Slug, but they had some pretty ingenious ways of keeping it interesting with some platforming challenges, more varied enemies, and other things to keep you visually interested.

Vladimir's helmet is 100% a penis glans.

I appreciate the effort and passion being invested into it's development, so please take this as constructive criticism, not me trying to be an ass.