Cyber Lip and Alpha Mission 2

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
to be honest, reso, i never looked up anything outside of fighters when buying for my aes. the 4 credit rule always got in the way of me enjoying a game that wasn't a fighter. but yeah, i remember the 20-40 buck common aes games that came complete and in good condition that have now risen in price. i bought my aes games around 06 when they added up to around £150 for games like real bout 2. now the prices have tripled for the same game.

I used to use the memory card all the time to help with the credit limit. This was before the Unibios.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I used to use the memory card all the time to help with the credit limit. This was before the Unibios.

my aes has a faulty memory slot which i never fixed. it was probably the reason why it cost next to nothing at purchase. but yeah, every one was telling me to get a unibios as well. i just scrapped the whole idea and bought a cmvs instead.

Last edited:

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
I think I like the looks of Cyber Lip (love that early 90s neo-graphics) more than the actual gameplay. A bit too stiff for my taste, still I do play a credit or two from time to time (on emulation). Been meaning to pick up the cd-version somewhere down the line, but there's so many games that take priority.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just noticed today that the CD version of Cyber Lip has an intro that's not on the cart version. A little digging on Wikipedia says it also has voices that are improved vs the cart, but I didn't find that to be the case w/the cut scenes anyway. They still sounded scratchy with a low sample rate. I'd have to do a better comparison side by side to see if in-game voices are improved/added/different.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Just noticed today that the CD version of Cyber Lip has an intro that's not on the cart version.
...and it starts in 2016...

Last edited:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Cyber Lip and Magician Lord are 2 of my strongest early NEO memories as a kid. At the time playing both games in the Arcade left quite the impression. Picked up Cyper lip on MVS last year at a great price and Magician lord is on its way. My childhood self would have lost his shit about owning both of these games.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Cyber Lip and Magician Lord are 2 of my strongest early NEO memories as a kid. At the time playing both games in the Arcade left quite the impression. Picked up Cyper lip on MVS last year at a great price and Magician lord is on its way. My childhood self would have lost his shit about owning both of these games.

It's a fun feeling catching up to something that you really wanted to get your hands on as a kid. Now you can take your time and really dive into these games!
Magician Lord and NAM where the first two Neo games I saw and they floored me. But I had no access to them back then.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
For me mine would be Magician Lord, Cyber Lip, Samurai Shodown, League Bowling and 8Man (then later in college lots of quarters into Bust-A-Move and Samurai Shodown 3.) Cyber-Lip I guess really just amused me as it was like SNKs answer to Super Contra. I've been actively picking off those games in particular, own 2, have 2 on the multicart, lack the first still.