Cyber Lip and Alpha Mission 2

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
both great and underrated games. i enjoy cyber lip more than ms4. and alpha mission 2 has a great art style. they both have a great atmosphere to them.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
both great and underrated games. i enjoy cyber lip more than ms4. and alpha mission 2 has a great art style. they both have a great atmosphere to them.

Remember when these were $20-$40 complete English AES carts. Common stuff. Not that the games are bad, but why are super common carts so expensive???

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Remember when these were $20-$40 complete English AES carts. Common stuff. Not that the games are bad, but why are super common carts so expensive???

kinda sucks how these games are super pricy now. i got lucky on getting alpha mission 2 in a 11 game bundle for about 20 bucks each. I'm still hoping i can find cyber lip for a decent price. Dont own it yet but would love to play it.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

to be honest, reso, i never looked up anything outside of fighters when buying for my aes. the 4 credit rule always got in the way of me enjoying a game that wasn't a fighter. but yeah, i remember the 20-40 buck common aes games that came complete and in good condition that have now risen in price. i bought my aes games around 06 when they added up to around £150 for games like real bout 2. now the prices have tripled for the same game.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I absolutely love Cyber Lip, but I'm not very keen on AM2.

Annoyingly, I sold my nice copy of Cyber Lip back when the prices were low and when I re-bought a copy it turned up in horrible condition. My AM2 is pretty much mint condition and cost about £35, so I got lucky there.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Yeah i like both games as well, cyber lip was one of the first games i ever played on a neo and the run and gun gameplay appealed to me back then and i've loved the genre ever since.
ASO II i've had for years on NGCD, and as it happens i picked it up for 20 quid a few months ago on MVS.
It's not going to make top ten shooter lists but it's not as bad as some people make out, entertaining enough.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
i enjoy cyber lip more than ms4.

It's not hard :keke:

I agree with you, Alpha Mission also has an incredible atmosphere. It's the ugly duck of the shooter's family for most Neo fans. I actually love that game a lot.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have Alpha Mission II on Neo CD. Solid shooter. Still need to track down Cyber Lip on MVS or CD.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I very rarely see cyber lip come up for sale on neo CD, i'd have snapped it up a long time ago otherwise.
Seem's to go for a lot as well when it does pop's up on ebay.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm not picky about format for the shooters, so whenever I can find a good deal on either version that's which one I'll get.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Cyber Lip is one of those games that's more expensive on the NGCD than on MVS. Both are getting up there in price, but in terms of EBay you'd be hard pressed to find it on CD for under $150. Two MVS copies have popped up here in the last week, but scooped pretty quickly. Keep an eye out on EBay for a good BIN.

ASO II is a good pickup, it's not going to blow anyone away in 2016 but it's a fun one to pop in every now and again.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Love Cyber Lip. Used to have the MVS version a few years ago. Then picked up an AES copy this spring when I grabbed a stack of 11 AES games locally for cheap (relatively).

As to Alpha Mission 2, I haven't touched that game in years. I just remember it being harder than I expected and it didn't keep my attention (I was too busy playing Blazing Star at the time). Probably should give the game another try when I find another copy.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Played Cyberlip about a month ago for the first time. That game is a lot of fun. I have been hearing mixed things about AMII though. Been busy with Ninja Spirit recently so I'll probably get around to it in the next few weeks.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I haven't played it since the 90s and it keeps evading me by hours when it comes up on here or on ebay for a non-crap price. Curses foiled again just the other day.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Picked up a copy of Cyber Lip not too long ago (thanks Hodor) - been enjoying it imensely, even though I already played it via emulation :buttrock:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I could do that, but I just will myself to bother since I have the cabinet now.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I could do that, but I just will myself to bother since I have the cabinet now.

First time I played it was via emulation. Had no idea the game existed before others started talking about it. Honestly, it's the best thing to do imo if you're just going to play it a few times. If you want it for your collection, that's another story.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Some deep acroamatic thoughts went into one's storytelling and another's weapon system. Chris Marker meets Stanislaw Lem? BOOM!

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I rented cyber lip back in high school. Was an awesome game then, still is to me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I rented cyber lip back in high school.

Cool! When was that? I remember we had some VHS rental shops back from 1993 till 1997 in Koeln with one Neo-Geo each and two or three games. But there was no advertising whatsoever, so the fewest knew about it.

Hodor

Cheng's Errand Boy
Picked up a copy of Cyber Lip not too long ago (thanks Hodor) - been enjoying it imensely, even though I already played it via emulation :buttrock:

You are welcome, pal.

Regarding the topic, I like them both. They are very funny and truly enjoyable in two players mode.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I play Cyber Lip all the time always enjoyed going through it. But AM2 just never was my cup of tea owned it twice just never could get into it.