Custom Robo Arena DS......

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Anyone else pick this up? Seems pretty good so far but I have yet to try Wi-Fi.

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
thinking about picking it up, is it any good, im kinda excited about it.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
matt009au said:
thinking about picking it up, is it any good, im kinda excited about it.

I think it is very good but I still haven't tried the single card download play or Wi-Fi play. Of course, I liked the Gamecube version as well and that is why I decided to pick this up.

You may want to read some reviews on it or rent it first.

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
so the english version is out in the us im guessing? yeh i seem to rememebr my mate having it on the n64 :S not 100% sure, seemed pretty cool though. fighting was almost virtua on esque from memory, how does the fighting work in the ds version?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I haven't played my DS for a bit so I was going to snag something.

Never played a Custom Robo game but always wanted to, so I was leaning towards this.

Read that the 1-player stuff was lacking (too easy) but online play was solid and lag-free.

If there's enough people playing this online I'll probably pick it up.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
I haven't played my DS for a bit so I was going to snag something.

Never played a Custom Robo game but always wanted to, so I was leaning towards this.

Read that the 1-player stuff was lacking (too easy) but online play was solid and lag-free.

If there's enough people playing this online I'll probably pick it up.

I really like it and I hope to try out the Wi-Fi in the near future. It kind of has a pokemon look and feel to it but with Virtua On type battles.

There is a lot of strategy to winning, it is not just simply standing there and blasting away. Doing so, will get you killed quick. Even from the start of the match, there is strategy in where you and your oppenent decide to launch your robos. I love that you can keep changing where you are going to launch right up until it happens.

Graphics are good and it plays well. So, I think it is a quality purchase. Most store have it for $29.99, as long as you stay away from EB/GameStop.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Well, I put a couple more hours into this game and it is one of my favorite DS games right now. I just tried finding a Wi-Fi match but wasn't able to connect. The game just came out and it is kind of late though.

Really cool game if you like mech fighting and collecting stuff.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I picked it up.

Played 1p for a couple hours last night.

It's fun and I can see myself getting into it.

1p is too easy and the in-game world character design(s) are quite terrible, but I can see how the gameplay (1p collecting and 2p online battling) could get to be quite fun and addicting.

Once I play through 1p and customize my robo the way I want it, I'll probably take it online to see how it is (it seems to be somewhat popular, so finding people online to play with should be quite easy.)

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Average Joe said:
I picked it up.

Played 1p for a couple hours last night.

It's fun and I can see myself getting into it.

1p is too easy and the in-game world character design(s) are quite terrible, but I can see how the gameplay (1p collecting and 2p online battling) could get to be quite fun and addicting.

Once I play through 1p and customize my robo the way I want it, I'll probably take it online to see how it is (it seems to be somewhat popular, so finding people online to play with should be quite easy.)

Glad to see someone else picked this up. One player is very easy, I am 22-0 right now and haven't really ran into a tough match yet. I just tried Wi-Fi (on line) and I am now 2-0 with that. (Two different people) The match is best of three and you each get to pick a stage and make quick adjustments to your robo. The first guy quit on me near the end of the second game (I had already beat him in the first game) luckly the system gave me the win. The next guy played out both games, even though he got crushed.:D

I might spend more time with the one player mode before I go on Wi-Fi again. Both guys had some stuff that I didn't have. No lag on line and IMO is the best Wi-Fi (on line) game out there for the DS right now.