Curious Yahoo Japan Auction

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
Well I was on yahoo japan auctions looking around, and came across this item, it didnt look familiar, kinda like a weird mvs of sorts, looks like there are two memory card slots on board and two edge connectors and rom sockets, instead of a cart slot. With all the rom sockets the first board that came to mind was the hyper, but I dont think its that based on the other slots.

Running it through a translator it picks out neo-geo development base, and it apparently says he cant test it, and he doesnt know what game it is :drool_2: Ironclad anyone :drool_2: , jk

anywho Figured someone might know or might at least find it interesting
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b54583095

:drool_2: :drool_2:

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I dont think its a game, but I could be wrong. I wonder if its part of a Neo Print machine or one of those Beast Buster Hyper 64 Machines?

dangan00-img600x450-1096175154neogeo_dep.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Interesting someone should buy this :)

If both of those edge connectors are jamma I wonder if the P2 is significant of anything. 4 player World Heroes? Something similar to the dual edge Kizuna 4 player board.

Last edited:

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
Hehe yea someone should definantly buy it, Ill have to see if it goes up any, if not I might just do it.

I dont think its the neo print board, from what I remember they are basically like a modified 1 slot, with on board component video thing for the camera. You might be right about the beast buster 64, I havent seen one of those so maybe, but I still think those look an awful lot like memory card slots.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought the Beast Buster 64 ran off the same mobo cart setup that other Hyper games do, plus why would it have memory card slots?

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
lithy, your right, i know the production version of beast busters 64 was run off a cart, just like the other hyper games, Im just not sure this is a production board, Im actually pretty sure its not. and for beast busters I would assume some kind of harness or molex connector or somthing for the guns, unless these were somehow run straight off the jamma connector. Or maybe what I was thinking were memory card slots are the harness locations for the guns. That still wouldnt explain two edge connectors.

I see what your saying about the memory card slot, but i think the mem card reader in the pic just has extra plastic to hold the memory card in place. I still think these might be mem. card slots, but just a different style, which could very well be if its a dev. tool of some sort. But I could still be totally wrong about this :)

That would be sweet if it was 4-player WH or Kizuna, there is a pick of the 4p kizuna board floating around somewhere.....ill try and find it and post it, for comparison.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is 4p kizuna

kizunaboard.jpg

Can someone ask him what the wording is beneath the SNK marked on the board

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MKL said:
They are clearly NOT Jamma...

Sorry I'll be honest I have little knowledge of that :p so if they aren't what kind of edge connectors can they be.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
They look like cart connectors: the one near the battery has 200 pins (50 per side) like an AES cart while the other one is bigger, probably 240 pins (60 per side) like an MVS cart: if you look closely at the edges of the board you can see that it has a *double layer*, with two connectors in each location. I therefore assume it's the equivalent of a cart with both an AES and an MVS connector.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MKL said:
They look like cart connectors: the one near the battery has 200 pins like an AES cart while the other one is bigger, probably 240 pins like an MVS cart. If you look closely at the edges of the board you can see that it has a *double layer*, with two connectors in each location. I therefore assume it's the equivalent of a cart with both an AES and an MVS connector.

Cool, so now its just whats on the board that's a mystery I guess? Someone buy it and plug it in ;) I will if its only 1,000 yen.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The two card connectors look like those on the protos NGF had on their site last year. Maybe the pics are still up?

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Someone needs to buy this! Those definetly do look like Mem Card slots. As for the edge connectors, there probably just a different type of harness, which im sure those pins can be determined (partially) what they do by following traces on the PCB itself. Who ended up buying that Kizuna 4-PLayer board anyway? We cant let this rare gem escape our grasps!

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I think we can safely assume it's a tool used by developers to test a game (probably any game, not a specific one) both on AES and MVS. It may be noted that all the chips are socketed as on proto carts.

from what I could gather in the auction this is a dev cartridge for the neo geo.

The seller doesnt know if the item is working or the game in those chips since he cant test it.

Anyway, very little can be done with it since there is only one board for sale.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
metallizer said:

What do you mean?

MKL said:
What do you mean?

I mean neo games uses two boards, my guess is that is a program board so even in the remote chance that the data in the chips is from a proto game would be only part of the game since the C, S and M roms wouldnt be there.

edit: there are two boards there :D so this post counts only for the +1.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I'd gladly bid on the auction and provide MKL with the stuff to examine :)

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
I know its blurry, and I hadnt looked at it that close beefore, but I knew I had seen those type of slots before, which are on the NGF proto cartridge.

metallizer said:
And as for this, metallizer if you look at the edge connector closely it actually looks to me as if there are two edge connectors so it would fit perfectly into a mvs or aes slot. It seems to me that this is the 2nd board and the other side is labeled 1, and they are sandwiched together like a normal aes or mvs cart. you can see the bolts on the four corners of the board.

One of us certainly needs to get this board, as long as the price doesnt sky rocket I wouldnt mind getting it and figureing out whats on it if anything. If anything it would be a cool little piece to add to the collection.

UPDATE NEW PICS ADDED
this definantly shows that there are two boards sandwiched togethor one labled C3:

dangan00-img600x450-1096275366neogeo_dep02.jpg

dangan00-img600x450-1096275373neogeo_dep03.jpg

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So I'm kinda thinking there could easily be a proto game on there. :) That could be great news for the community. Anyone ask him if the stickers over the eprom windows say anything?