Crysis

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Abasuto said:
If they could get a version that mirrors the PC version being ran maxed out (or extemely close). That would be a huge boost for the PS3's rep for lack of exclusive titles.

unfortunately I doubt the PS3 can even get extremely close as I believe it's based on the Nvidia 7900 GPU which considering people with 8000 series graphics cards are having trouble running it with the settings up, is not nearly enough power.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
I have a 7900GT, and Crysis doesn't look half as good as any PS3 game.

I guarantee the game could be optimized for both consoles just fine.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
shirt said:

It'd take a hell of a lot more work to get it on the PS3 though. I bet they coded it in DirectX (what the hell do people see in those libraries?).

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
shirt said:

The difference between medium and ultra high settings is night and day though. It looks like a completely different game when I max everything. Everything maxed IMO it looks like the most impressive game I have ever seen. If they ported the game with medium style settings it would be a waste. If Crysis had average graphics it would be just another shooter. The big draw here is the amazing graphics. IMO the gameplay has been very average.