Crysis

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Roll call, out on Friday.

Have parts for a whole new system, I just need to order a case from Newegg, it should be here by then...at which point the only question is whether my single 7900GT can cut it, or I need to buy another to SLI that shit.

Your system specs, and how well do you anticipate being able to run it? Also, is it more or less demanding than COD4?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
You're worried about your 7900GT, and I'm still rockin' a 7800GT, so I guess I'm fucked. I'd love to play this game, but an 8800 is not in the cards for me right now.

Other than that, my PC isn't too bad with an X2 4400, 2GB of XMS DDR2 and a fast SATA-2 HDD. My video card is pretty much the bottleneck.

Let me know how it runs on your PC, that might give me an idea of what kind of chance I stand, if any.

ray_7

This game needs some serious juice to run perfectly.

I have a quad, 4gb pc8500 ram, 8800 gtx and it still lags on 'high' setting...

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
ray_7 said:

:eek: :mad: :(

ray_7

shirt said:

no kidding..

i just switched to the lanbox lite and the case is stuffed with cooling shit right now so there's no way i could do an sli setup... oh well...

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
The full version is actually leaked online already, but I'll get a legit version so I can play it online.

Awesome fucking game, but as stated, it's requirements are brutal. It's still eye candy on medium settings, but I'd love to see/play it 100% maxed out. Just not at the cost it would require in upgrades.

ray_7 said:

Play around alot with tweaking out the settings. The shadow and lighting detail are what seems to cornhole to frame rate the most.

Last edited:

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I have the demo and ran it fine at 800x600 with medium settings with a AMD 4600+ dual core, 2 gigs of ram and a 7900GS. I would hope the final game is optimized better, but I wouldn't expect any massive improvements from my current rig.

I don't know if I can justify the complete overhaul I would need to make it run better though. I am at that stage where I have done as much with my system as I can without creating bottlenecks. To upgrade now means new mobo, cpu, ram and video.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
GD said:
You're worried about your 7900GT, and I'm still rockin' a 7800GT, so I guess I'm fucked. I'd love to play this game, but an 8800 is not in the cards for me right now.

Other than that, my PC isn't too bad with an X2 4400, 2GB of XMS DDR2 and a fast SATA-2 HDD. My video card is pretty much the bottleneck.

Let me know how it runs on your PC, that might give me an idea of what kind of chance I stand, if any.

I have pretty much the same setup as you: a socket 939 dual core Opteron 170, 2GB RAM, but with a 640MB 8800GTS instead. It runs fine with everything at medium at 1280x1024 with no AA. I pretty sure it should be playable for you with a combination of medium and low settings.

I'm not really feeling this game though. It's basically Far Cry with a destructible environment. Maybe if I give it more time before passing judgment.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
twalden said:
I'm not really feeling this game though. It's basically Far Cry with a destructible environment. Maybe if I give it more time before passing judgment.

The biggest difference to me is how many hits you take before dying and the ability to regenerate your health/armor.

It's much more run and gun than Far Cry.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Finished that one the last week end, the ending is not as bad as reviewers made me think it would be, somehow the final boss felt like a Final Fantasy one :P

Anyway, i had to play on mid/low settings and that seriously diminished the immersiveness of the game, with a lot of popup, i had to remove the depth of field effects, tha shadows, the post processing... it lacked visual impact beause my PC is old now (4800+ 2GB of high performing corsair memory 7800GTX). The second bad impact of it is that i played with lesser physics, that is really impacting gameplay (i don't remember seeing a tree falling, whereas the reviews put that like an important tactical point).

The game is really short, but that means that you are less likely to get tired of the repetitive ennemies.

The game is DAMN hard too (played as delta, i wanted to hear the ennemies in korean), and you recover slowly.

The nanosuit powers are great, just remember guys, do not use laser sight or flashlight weapon mods if you use stealth mode... the ennemies will spot you (not so sure about laser, but flash light it is certain). Stealth depletes too fast imo when moving.

The story is okay-ish-ly conveyed, but it is a basic one, no much surprise since we ve been told by Crytek since day 1 that there would be aliens freezing the world.

I didn't like vehicles, i never do in FPSes, i hate when we are forced to use some, and luckily often the game allows you to pursue without using one (except on a couple occasions)

SNKman

Mr. Big's Thug
how well would Crysis run on my pc?

It has a P4 HT running at I think 3.6 Ghz . It has 1GB of ram and an ATI Radeon x850 XTpEwith 256 mb of video memory.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
SNKman said:
how well would Crysis run on my pc?

It has a P4 HT running at I think 3.6 Ghz . It has 1GB of ram and an ATI Radeon x850 XTpEwith 256 mb of video memory.

You should be able to run it set to high, maybe medium on some the effects (lighting, shadows ). Depends if you have the regular or the PE model.

If you don't already, you can overclock it a tad for a little boost. Catalyst sucks, use ATI Tray Tools.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
twalden said:
lol playing FPS games with a gamepad :lolz:

lol beige box gaming sitting at a desk with a monitor on an open specification machine

:envy:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I have to have everything on medium, the foliage still looks pretty cool but still this is like pretty much any other FPS, i.e. its just farcry again with a bit more sci-fi. Nice with Xbox 360 pad tho :loco:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
you should learn keyboard and mouse lol, WASD and mouse

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Wonder if the PS3 could handle this? if so, I bet we'll see a port soon like they did with Farcry.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Sn00t said:
Wonder if the PS3 could handle this? if so, I bet we'll see a port soon like they did with Farcry.

They never ported Far Cry

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Not happy with how it looks on my machine (all med settings) but whatever. Single player is also less fun than I had hoped, though I still plan on finishing it...however online is loads of fun. If anybody's playing, post up.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Sn00t said:

They've waffled a bit when asked about a port.

Long story short, they'll port it eventually. They like money, and there's more money for them in the console market. It will probably look really good, but it will have to be gimped a bit to make the jump.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
If I owned Sony I'd be all over this game to port.

If they could get a version that mirrors the PC version being ran maxed out (or extemely close). That would be a huge boost for the PS3's rep for lack of exclusive titles.

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I have

8800gt - sli
e6850
4gigs of ram

It still runs awful on very high 1920 x 1200

I can run it on high at the res but still jerky.

I have to crank it all the way down to 1280 to run on very high.

I heard they are supposed to come out with some patches to fix the borked SLI support. I hope so since it seems to make no difference that I am in SLI now.