CRT Fetish Thread

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
When you're hoarding CRTs you gotta put em somewhere! I have my old Samsung 27" shoved in the corner of my dining room in case my Wega ever dies.

My sentiments exactly! The places I have CRTs hoarded are very interesting too. Lots of closets and storage areas with carefully placed CRTs covered with quilts :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The box shaped ones are handy for stacking! I have a Commodore monitor at the bottom of a closet with some boxes on top of it.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
The nes images look great! Did you mod your nes for S-Video?

Damn! I've been looking SO HARD in this area!! No luck after looking daily for quite some time now. Nice to see someone so close to me actually snag some. Let me know when you have too many and I'm ready to drive a few hours to buy one from you ;) I only need one :p

P.S. here are some quick and dirty pics of my new PVM-14M4U. Only have it hooked up via S-video to my NES. I still need to snag a SCART cable for it. Still looks pretty damn good though. Can't wait to see my PCE hooked up via RGB once I get it moved over. The monitor looks almost completely brand new. He said he barely ever used it and was the only owner. I also lucked out and found a super sturdy and spotless stand for it. It's going to be a cabling nightmare behind it, but looks like my systems should fit perfectly in it! Stand was only 7 bucks!

20161213_200009_zpsobkt214v.jpg

20161213_195917_zpsb7k4cbhz.jpg

20161212_235224_zpsxrzqiwlj.jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
The nes images look great! Did you mod your nes for S-Video?

Thanks! I had someone RGB mod it and it also does S-video. Currently have it hooked up with a Gamecube S-video monster cable I snagged for cheap. Still shopping for a nice quality SCART cable. That's definitely next on the list!

Spoiler:
IMG_20160331_110420_zpslxm5kdx2.jpg

Spoiler:
IMG_20160402_122626_zpsjgxfyjfu.jpg

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Thanks! I had someone RGB mod it and it also does S-video. Currently have it hooked up with a Gamecube S-video monster cable I snagged for cheap. Still shopping for a nice quality SCART cable. That's definitely next on the list!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Nice looks like they did a good job on that.

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wait until you get your scart cable the RGB will blow your mind. I was given a 1354q from a friend and I was so impressed a couple weeks later I got a lead in Austin of a 20M2U. I'm in Dallas so that was a nice 3 hour road trip in the rain but it was so worth it. The 20" screen looks amazing on all my RGB systems. I even sold my XRGB mini and it paid for my PVM and some cash leftover so win win.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn! I've been looking SO HARD in this area!! No luck after looking daily for quite some time now. Nice to see someone so close to me actually snag some. Let me know when you have too many and I'm ready to drive a few hours to buy one from you ;) I only need one :p

P.S. here are some quick and dirty pics of my new PVM-14M4U. Only have it hooked up via S-video to my NES. I still need to snag a SCART cable for it. Still looks pretty damn good though. Can't wait to see my PCE hooked up via RGB once I get it moved over. The monitor looks almost completely brand new. He said he barely ever used it and was the only owner. I also lucked out and found a super sturdy and spotless stand for it. It's going to be a cabling nightmare behind it, but looks like my systems should fit perfectly in it! Stand was only 7 bucks!

20161213_200009_zpsobkt214v.jpg

20161213_195917_zpsb7k4cbhz.jpg

20161212_235224_zpsxrzqiwlj.jpg

Those scanlines.

kaironman

n00b
Some photos from my setup... I bought this Phillips TV 2 years ago in a local Pawnshop. Finding this type of CRT TVs is getting increasily difficult. I paid 20€ (25$ more or less), it has good color, sound, the geometry is adjustable using the remote, RGB input... Good choice!

I need to buy a RGB cable, right now I'm using my Neo Geo CD with composite.
ss2.jpg

wind.jpg

Some pictures of Namco System 12 and Sega ST-V games, using a Supergun + RGB cable. Have you noticed that I love football games? :glee:

tecmo98.jpg

libero.jpg

And this is my 4 old year nephew, playing in an old TV at my parents house. He's playing in an NES clone connected by composite, but I usually plug a Mega Drive with RGB. In Europe, even the cheapest TVs admit RGB input, assuming that they are from the second half of the 90s.danel-dd2.jpg

kaironman

n00b
I like the Neo CD with the spindle of CDRs on top! :D

Believe it or not, but I've some originals: KOF 95, Art of Fighting 2 and Super Sidekicks 3.:keke:

I got married last march and went to Japan as honeymoon. I bought the unit and the games there.

I recently bought a MV1-FS with a Super Sidekicks 2 cart (its my favourite NG game), and ordered the NeoSD card.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's something kinda nice and pure about that. A TV, a lone system, and some CDRs. No collecting bullshit, just gaming bliss.

kaironman

n00b
There's something kinda nice and pure about that. A TV, a lone system, and some CDRs. No collecting bullshit, just gaming bliss.
I would be lying if i said that I prefer CDRs but... I've a mortage to pay.

More pics, this one is Mega Drive emulator Kega Fusion, running on a PC with a 15 khz modded ATI graphic card. I love how it looks.

shangon.jpg

I picked this TV from a trash can some years ago. It only had RF input, so it was barely usable.

fifa.jpg

I gave it to a friend, he still uses it for his Master System and binge-drinking sessions.

ms.jpg

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior

This. That 15khz setup looks great kairoman, love the selection. The pursuit for RGB is one thing but I'm happy these days to pump some composhit through my mini JVC monitor and actually PLAY my carts.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I would be lying if i said that I prefer CDRs but... I've a mortage to pay.

More pics, this one is Mega Drive emulator Kega Fusion, running on a PC with a 15 khz modded ATI graphic card. I love how it looks.

View attachment 41531

That looks just like my Philips 29PT model. We didn't get RGB in this neck of the woods. S-Video and Component are there though.

ihkLOYN.jpg

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
image.jpeg

B&O MX4002 (firmware 4.3) with a Neo Geo AES 3-6 revision with RGB bypass. Pic doesn't do the resulting image any justice. It's a beauty

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Don't feel bad, that's a very good display. All this PVM-BVM monitors are nice, but in the end, Great Displays Come With Great Pains In The Ass. I had two PVMs, 14 and 21 inches, and a 15" HD JVC. All very nice, all with things to fix: "oh I must foundz RGB card for the JVC", "Oh my I needz splitter for the inputs", "Oh whatever flyback has noize". I sold them. Suddenly: relax. Just plug the console to a decent TV, the one that fits your needs and your space, and don't stop playing.

It's OK to be on the search of the perfect display, but sometimes it stops you from having fun.

One month after writing this down, I found a production truck being upgraded to flat screens. They had a BVM 14M4DE and a PVM 144QM. I could't resist and snatched them. They also had a bunch of 9"s but I had to pass on them atm. And they had a vintage trinitron, so beautiful. Had to pass on it too, way too much space.

They're still in the trunk, I have to clean them up and find them a place at home. The cameraman tried them with an actual tv camera, they look gorgeous. The place was full of cables and electronics and I almost go nuts with all this equipment, I wanted it all :lolz:

I'll post some photos asap.