CRT Fetish Thread

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
It does look great on a PVM. I modded one recently and the test game I had was Shadow of the Beast, great music but damn the animation loads so slow.
Ugh. That's a bad port of a bad game (sorry Amiga and Atari ST fans, it was never a good game).

I'll try and take some pictures tonight. One of the things I'm struggling with is that most of my US roms don't want to work with my Everdrive. I have no idea why. The Japanese roms seem to all work fine, but 90% of the US roms are giving me trouble. I wonder if there's a bad US rom set floating around out there?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Ugh. That's a bad port of a bad game (sorry Amiga and Atari ST fans, it was never a good game).

I'll try and take some pictures tonight. One of the things I'm struggling with is that most of my US roms don't want to work with my Everdrive. I have no idea why. The Japanese roms seem to all work fine, but 90% of the US roms are giving me trouble. I wonder if there's a bad US rom set floating around out there?

You have a bad rom set.

Here is my set:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx8kZz4NMisqamZjQkZaQndCaEk/view?usp=sharing

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Thanks, I assumed that was the case because SOME of the roms worked. I'll try this out tonight.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Those roms work! Thanks.

Pictures!

duo1.jpg

duo2.jpg

duo4.jpg

duo5.jpg

duo6.jpg

And I was going to show you some Sapphire, but it appears that my Arcade Duo card has decided to die on me. Either that or it's my Kisado adapter. I can't tell which but I'm guessing it's the card since it's not detected when I put it in by without the adapter. Do these die easily or something?

duo3.jpg

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Is there a way to adjust H pos./size on the 14M2U without adjusting pots? I've been looking through the menu and can't seem to do it. Found a 'manual' for it online but it just lists specs and shit. It's not a big deal to adjust it manually but it's a hassle. Thanks.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Anyone else notice some weird red fringing around the curtain and in the bottom right in the Addams Family picture? I wonder what's causing that?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
To be honest, I thought all of your pics skewed red a little bit, but figured that maybe it was the camera. You might just need to make an adjustment.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Anyone else notice some weird red fringing around the curtain and in the bottom right in the Addams Family picture? I wonder what's causing that?
looks like a convergence issue, but it doesn't seem to be in the other pictures

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
looks like a convergence issue, but it doesn't seem to be in the other pictures

Convergence on that PVM is spot on (I sold it to him a while back). Pics might look a little off since it's pretty bright.

The red can be adjusted from the front with a small screwdriver.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Convergence on that PVM is spot on (I sold it to him a while back). Pics might look a little off since it's pretty bright.

The red can be adjusted from the front with a small screwdriver.
Yeah I was thinking they were skewing red myself (well Bonk always skews Red ;) ). I'll adjust that tonight. There's a light bulb right above the monitor so that's probably not helping.

Gamez

n00b
Hi all!

I've come across these Five 9 inch monitors

In total the following arrived.

1 x Sony PVM

1 x Ikegami

3 x JVC

Please see descriptions below;

1 x Sony PVM - Works as per photo below, only problem is the crack in the outer frame which can be sealed back together if needed - has RGB as shown in the additional photo.

1 x Ikegami - Not as sharp as I would have thought it to be, once tuned in, playable.

3 x JVC - These turn on and seem fine, however no RGB ports

In light of the above I am happy to sell as many as you wish for £15.

So that £15 for all 5 monitors
or if you don't require any of the others then it would be £10 per monitor.

If you have any further questions or require any further information please drop me a mail.

I can post a monitor, however i'd assume it may cost around £10.

Many thanks!

Gamez

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/6498/DSC01880.JPG

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/uploads/6498/DSC01886.JPG

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
facepalm-bear-2.png

Last edited:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Can anyone help me ID this monitor I just picked up?

It is a Wells-Garnder and it came out of an "arcade classics" cab. The guy said he swapped to an LCD because he was a "graphics nut." The monitor looks new. Anyway on the frame it says:

PD279400 as the model, but I can't find much on that. Is it the D9400 (I can find info on that).

It has a vga connector, so I'm guessing it's 31khz, but I don't know if it also accepts 15 and/or 24.

I can post a pic if it helps.

***UPDATE***
I plugged the monitor in to power. The screen says "No signal in" which I understand as no signal was plugged in. I cannot however get the on screen display to come up. I have the little remote board, and there are 5 different buttons, one labeled OSD, but I can't get anything to happen. Maybe the joke is on me?

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
It is a Wells-Garnder and it came out of an "arcade classics" cab. The guy said he swapped to an LCD because he was a "graphics nut." The monitor looks new.

"Graphics Nut" that removes a monitor designed closer to the original resolutions than a LCD...

The D9400 is a Tri-Sync:
640X240(15k), 773X384(24k), 640X480(31k), 720X400(31k), 800X600(31k).

***UPDATE***
I plugged the monitor in to power. The screen says "No signal in" which I understand as no signal was plugged in. I cannot however get the on screen display to come up. I have the little remote board, and there are 5 different buttons, one labeled OSD, but I can't get anything to happen. Maybe the joke is on me?

Have you tried reseating the Connector for the Remote Board on both ends?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
But the snes mini doesn't do s-video though. Yodd must feel the fool to use such primitive rgb hook up

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Thanks for the help. I think I need to have a signal present for the menu to pop up. I'll work on that first and then see what happens.

"Graphics Nut" that removes a monitor designed closer to the original resolutions than a LCD...

The D9400 is a Tri-Sync:
640X240(15k), 773X384(24k), 640X480(31k), 720X400(31k), 800X600(31k).

Have you tried reseating the Connector for the Remote Board on both ends?

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Sweet 2030

I was able to pick up a local PVM-2030 from Active Surplus here in Toronto.

Right now it's hooked up to my CMVS via S-Video (don't have the right cables yet), but I just bought a CPS1 "Final Fight" that I will use on this monitor via a RGB Supergun.

Does any one have any tips for connecting my CMVS and soon-to-be-purchased Supergun to the PVM via RGB?

pvm_1.jpgpvm_2.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I was able to pick up a local PVM-2030 from Active Surplus here in Toronto.

Right now it's hooked up to my CMVS via S-Video (don't have the right cables yet), but I just bought a CPS1 "Final Fight" that I will use on this monitor via a RGB Supergun.

Does any one have any tips for connecting my CMVS and soon-to-be-purchased Supergun to the PVM via RGB?

http://www.retrogamingcables.com/sony-pvm-scart-converter.html
You'll need one of these and then an appropriate Scart cable for each system you plan to hook up. Make sure your scart cable is Euro wired, they have them at the same site I just linked you.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
IMG_20140927_211239.jpg

So I recently was able to finally locate and buy a Sony BVM-20F1U. I am going to be hooking up my new PCE set-up via RGB and was just wondering where you guys would suggest picking up a female EURO SCART breakout cable. The main place I keep seeing is retrogamingcables.com

bnc-gold-female-full-preview.png

Only other seller that keeps popping up is on eBay.

$T2eC16JHJF8FFqK))8fmBSD-4BPt5Q~~60_3.JPG

Any suggestions on what I should go with?