Crossed Swords 2 only on NEO CD?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
As it stands the biggest reason why I'd get a NEO CD would be to play crossed swords 2.

There ever been a boot made for AES or MVS with Crossed Swords 2 on it?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yes there have been a couple AES/MVS boots, but they lack music/sound effects because all Neo Geo CD games use CDDA instead.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Honestly, it's worth owning an NGCD -just- for that game. It's awesome.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Yeah, raz is porting it to MVS/AES, but don't expect it to be cheap, or for NGF to be silent about it.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I'm ready to sell my kidney for MVS...........................

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well damn...

If I found a NEO CD for $150 or less I'd go for it. They're getting expensive now though.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
NGCD is worth it.
Magician Lord (load times aside) is fantastic on it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
looks like you're getting another console ^^

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
As it stands the biggest reason why I'd get a NEO CD would be to play crossed swords 2.

There ever been a boot made for AES or MVS with Crossed Swords 2 on it?
Wasn't Crossed Swords 2 originally intended to be an MVS/AES game?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Wasn't Crossed Swords 2 originally intended to be an MVS/AES game?
I thought I read that it was made to push the NEO CD system sales.

If I had to make a guess on what I have seen I would say the game was designed for MVS with no though of CD at the original programming time. As expected its heavily based on Crossed Swords 1 and I feel work on the game was stopped before it was complete. Then at some point later it was decided to get the game into a state where it could be released on CD only (not MVS/AES). There seems to be a disconnect in the way the game has been changed to run on the CD system compared to what they actually needed to do to get the game running on the CD system. It quite hard for me to explain why I say this but lets just say the CD version of the game loads much more information from the CD disk that it really needs to and there is no reason why they would have done that on purpose given the CD loading times. I more believe the people in charge of making it work on CD did not really understand the game engine fully or did not remember fully how it worked.

I also feel some graphic material was lost in the time programming stopped and then restarted again (for the CD conversion work). There is some corruption in the sprite tile data that is evident in the CD version of the game so I have to wonder why that is. If I could spot it very quickly then I assume SNK would have also. If they lost the original graphic data however then maybe they simply could not rebuild it.

I can say for sure that there are deliberate changes in the CD version of the game designed for PAL which certainly would never have been in the MVS version. Of course these things I have fixed in my conversion but I know for sure these would not be in the original MVS code.

In my opinion the CD conversion was rushed and I would say there is a good chance it was done by a different team that did not do the original game.