CronusMax Plus

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Anyone have one of these? I don't want to get a new stick for my ps4 and thought I'd save some cash by getting this and using my 360 stick.

Input appreciated.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Had one,it was junk ever after updating it my PS3 joystick wouldn't work on the PS4.Which left me returning it shortly there after for a refund.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Check out the converters Brook make... there should be something you can use.
That universal fighting board :eek:

Would be better if it gave you manual system control. I like using my Qanba Q4RAF on PC in MAME as a DirectInput device. You don't have to worry about the Z-axis cancelling itself out when you press the two buttons if the game doesn't support Xinput when you run it in PS3/PC mode because the PC end of that mode means DirectInput, not Xinput if you use it in 360 mode.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Necrobump!

So, I got one of these recently, hoping it would let me use any USB controller I have with any of the USB based systems I have. They have updated the firmware so that it actually works with the PS4 now, but you need a USB hub and a PS4 controllers for authentication. Kind of annoying, but not really a big deal.

So yeah, setting it up on the computer is a bit annoying, but once set up this thing rules. I've used an Xbone and PS3 controller with it no problem. I even got my 8bitdo SNES controller to work with the thing wirelessly by plugging the SNES bluetooth plug into the Cronusmax. If you load the PS4 profile into it it's even smart enough to map the touchpad click to the select button, which is really handy since I couldn't use my Hori arcade pad with some games since it has no touchpad click.

The bad side I've found is that they really designed this around console controllers. You can use Dualshock 3s, 4s, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii/U controllers with this. Fight sticks made for those systems as well. However, generic USB devices are hit or miss. For example, I first tried the 8bitdo controller with a USB cord instead of wireless and it worked but the button mapping was jacked, and I haven't figured out how to remap buttons yet. I tried the iBuffalo USB SNES pad and it didn't work at all. Thankfully when using bluetooth the button mapping is correct. I'm hoping either my USB Saturn or USB six button Genesis pads work, but I haven't tried it yet.

Getting a dedicated Brook converter is probably best if you only want to use one pad on PS4, but if you want to use multiple controllers on multiple systems this thing is neat.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lame as fuck. Instead of wasting time with shitty setups, why not just get a Brook PCB and install it in your 360 stick, it will work with 360, PS3, XBONER and PS4, also PC of course. I did it to my HRAP, custom CP 6 buttons, like a true survivor!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not using this for sticks. I have a Madcatz TE with a Brook PS3/4 board in it. I'm using it to get SNES/Saturn pads to work on these systems.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was talking about the OP, thought that's what this was about. I dunno what you got going on. Saturn pads, snes pads...they're ok but I always felt they are overrated. Neo CD Pads Db15 to a brook and you're all set.