Cps2psp v1.60~OMFG!!11

BIG

sony fanboy
Just got done testing this,and I must say that I am very impressed by the results!

All the VS. games are now running full-speed w/sound,including Marvel vs. Capcom!

PSP ftw :buttrock:

B-

Last edited:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
BIG said:
Just got done testing this,and I must say that I am very impressed by the results!

All the VS. games are now running full-speed w/sound,including Marvel vs. Capcom!

PSP ftw :buttrock:

B-

That black SONY van is going to pull outside your house any minute now.:lol:

Phillip

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
This is a HUGE improvement over 1.51. :D As you've said, MvC's full speed with sound. I can verify that Mars Matrix, and Progear are as well. (they were running well before, but they seem a lot smoother now)

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Trying to get this working but i get a file missing error, says something about crc32 or gfx1/gfx2 when i run the rom.

Any advice how to fix this?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I would get error messages when I would go to run some of my older roms with the program, just go to another site and try downloading a new one and it should work.

Can't wait to try the new version out. This guy did one hell of a job on the CPS2 and the MVS Emulators.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
meh I've installed it now anyway, gonna give it a whirl

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Super Gem Fighter works _much_ better on this version, and XvSF rocks as well.

I'd have more to talk about, but most of my memory stick is being eaten by Disgaea Portable ATM.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I dont get why it doesnt run cyberbots, or ssf2x or marvel super heroes, damnit

pretty sweet though, i noticed 1.61 is out now too

BIG

sony fanboy
kernow said:
I dont get why it doesnt run cyberbots, or ssf2x or marvel super heroes, damnit

All of the above work for me :D

Keep in mind that some of these may require the right combination of parent+daughter files in order for them to run properly.

For example: MSH require both msh.zip (parent) and mshj.zip (daughter).

B-

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
now I see

instead of all of us converting these roms and cache files all the time, we should just have somewhere to download them in this state already

i have space but not bandwidth \\o

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Short clip of Marvel vs Capcom running on meh psp.

good shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCHgFXvkxQ

okay...after watching those vids...I am sold. I'll buy another PSP dammit. Now someone fill me in since I've been out of the loop for a while.

Can I go buy a new retail PSP and reflash the firmware?

What is devhook?

I know the firmware thing is an issue, I'm just not crystal clear on how at the moment. I had a launch 1.5 PSP, later sold it. Is it dangerous messing with the firmware? Can i brick my system? I am gonna go pick one up next week if I can sort this out. Dimahoo tate!? :drool:

eclypse

Banned
pixeljunkie said:
okay...after watching those vids...I am sold. I'll buy another PSP dammit. Now someone fill me in since I've been out of the loop for a while.

Can I go buy a new retail PSP and reflash the firmware?

What is devhook?

I know the firmware thing is an issue, I'm just not crystal clear on how at the moment. I had a launch 1.5 PSP, later sold it. Is it dangerous messing with the firmware? Can i brick my system? I am gonna go pick one up next week if I can sort this out. Dimahoo tate!? :drool:

Dont bother pickin one up at a store as it will be a newer firmware.. Now i believe you can flash down from a 2.71 but.. theres newer motherboards out there that are not downgradable past 2.50.

To run the capcom and neo geo emulators you need firmware 1.0-1.5

Find out more info in the forums at http://pspupdates.qj.net/

I'm selling 2 PSP systems on these forums.. both 1.5 fw.

BIG

sony fanboy
eclypse said:
[/URL]

There's a custom firmware installer available for 2.71,and it can emulate fw 1.50.

B-

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Thanks for all the links by the way. Since my current memory stick is the one that came with my system I haven't been using my PSP much because I can't fit more then one game at a time on it. Hopefully I'll get a 2 gig stick for Christmas so I can fit more and maybe that site will do another deal with a 4 gig stick.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
BIG said:
There's a custom firmware installer available for 2.71,and it can emulate fw 1.50.

B-

Could you elaborate a bit? I would like to try this.

EDIT: Nevermind, found a way to get them to run.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
eclypse said:
Dont bother pickin one up at a store as it will be a newer firmware.. Now i believe you can flash down from a 2.71 but.. theres newer motherboards out there that are not downgradable past 2.50.

Find out more info in the forums at http://pspupdates.qj.net/

Ehh, I wouldn't rule it out completely... I picked up the PSP that I currently have in the summer and it was firmware version 2.1.

You can tell by a letter code on the box... But, I believe it's only on value packs, not core packs.

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware...e-using-box-codes-november-15-2006-28717.html

When I was in the market for a PSP after I sold my launch unit, I found that used ones were always in a condition that was unacceptable to me. That's why I opted to just buy a new one. I'm sure that you could still find one that was 2.5 or 2.6 FW in a store somewhere if you wanted to go that route.

eclypse

Banned
Yes you could but it most likely will be that TA-82 motherboard that wont flash down past 2.5.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
i almost traded my 1.5 for a ta082 whitey today..

til i found out it was 2.82. :mad:

btw, word is the dark_thug downgrader is fake.