CPS2 battery suicide revisited...

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Ok, this weekend I'm going to buy new batteries for my CPS2 games. To make things easier, I'd like to take a few battery "models numbers" written with me.

Any recommendations on what I should buy?

I know they need to be half AA size, 3.6V lithium batteries. Does the mHa value matter much? What should I get? :-)

Thanks all!

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Dont need to be half size... You can take a larger one also. Just make sure it is 3,6V and it has solder tabs.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Have you though about sending your Program ROM's to Razoola and having your boards made suicide free? IMO that's the only way to go. I alrady have a few suicide free boards and am soon going to be shipping out the Program ROM's for my other 24 B boards.

Not only do you never have to worry about changing your battery/board committing suicide, you also can change the board to play in any region and play the sound/music files from a slick looking jukebox player. It's really great if you've got Japanese B boards and want to play them in English.

Just my 2 cents though;)

DaemoN

Camel Slug
I dont have the $$$ to do this deal with Razoola ;\ Otherwise I would!

:-D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
"24 B boards"

:eek:

I hope you're getting a good deal.......

I paid €30 for one game... which is $39.... which is worth it to me for the game I sent......

But 24 boards :loco:
that's crazy............

He should be busy for some time,lol...

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
DaemoN said:
I dont have the $$$ to do this deal with Razoola ;\ Otherwise I would!

:-D
I just replaced the battey in my SF alpha 2 today that I got Happs.com . Price was $10.00. The battery had pig tails that made it easy to replace the old one. Battery part number 27-1002-00 . Hope this helps

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Woohoo.
Success.

I changed the battery on my SF Alpha, and it works like a charm! I also took the time to dismantle the motherboard and wash all the plastic parts and clean the pcb with compressed air, clean the jamma connector, etc.

WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!

Thanks for the advice guys!