CPS1 Emu (Alpha) PSP Unleashed!

BIG

sony fanboy
I'm playing Willow as we speak!

So far,I've tried Ghouls n' Ghost,Willow,Knights of the Round,and SF2:CE,and they all work w/sound.

Good stuff here,folks!

B-

Last edited:

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
BIG said:
I'm playing Willow as we speak!

So far,I've tried Ghouls n' Ghost,Willow,Knights of the Round,and SF2:CE,and they all work w/sound.

Good stuff here,folks!

B-

Agreed on the good stuff here!!

Add the following games to working w/sound: 1941-counter attack, Area 88, Captain commando, Carrier Air Wing, Forgotten Worlds, Mercs, Nemo, Strider

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
What is the name of the emu? Is it like FBA? As soon as CPS2 is up and running, I am downgrading to 1.5!

BIG

sony fanboy
Darklighterx said:
What is the name of the emu? Is it like FBA? As soon as CPS2 is up and running, I am downgrading to 1.5!

It's called Capcom CPS1 Emurator (no joke).

Most games are running at a decent pace w/sound,although some of the larger games are not working at this time (Punisher,Warriors of Fate,Muscle Bomber,etc.).

B-

BIG

sony fanboy
UPDATE:

An upgrade was posted this morning. The larger games are now working w/sound and the overall speed has been improved.

I've just tried Muscle Bomber,Megaman Power Battles,Cadillacs and Dinosaurs,Warriors of Fate,and The Punisher...all working properly.

Check it out if you haven't done so already!

B-

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
This is nice, but most of my most wanted CPS1 games are already available in Capcom Classics collection and there's another compilation coming as well.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
now if only they would add in a second cpu and add cps2 suport. :P

BIG

sony fanboy
Amano Jacu said:
This is nice, but most of my most wanted CPS1 games are already available in Capcom Classics collection and there's another compilation coming as well.

Do you know which titles will be on the 2nd compilation?

The only ones I'm aware of were Eco Fighters,Ghouls n' Ghost,and SFII Hyper.

subbie - second cpu support meaning?

B-

BIG

sony fanboy
buttasuperb said:
Just played SF2 CE. It's a bit slow.

Is there an options menu within this emu? I can't find it.

You can access the options menu by pressing select+start.

Try turning the raster effect off for better speed. Also,most games run smoother with the sample rate set at 11025hz.

Try playing SFII Turbo. It's pretty damn smooth.

Are you running the Alpha2 update?

B-

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
CPS2 can be emulated using Raz's xors. That's how MAME does it.

I'm sure it will happen soon, since it's not much different from CPS1. But it will probably not be as fast.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
califoreigner said:
what's the difference? both have mother/daughter. cps2 is encrypted, no?

Subbie may be referring the to media engine (the PSP's 2nd CPU). Haven't ried this emu yet, don't know if it uses the ME yet.

But the ME can give you a nice extra boost. That's how the SNES emu runs so nicely now (overall) - it uses the ME.

CPS2 will require a bit more processing power (to keep frame rates up). ROM sizes may be an issue for some games though.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
so doe's this only work with the 1.5 version of the psp??:conf:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
racecar said:
so doe's this only work with the 1.5 version of the psp??:conf:

Anyone that hasn't downgraded is a tool. People with 1.5 psps can run upto 2.7 firmware with full-functionality but still enjoy the open seas that a 1.5 vessel offers! ARGGGG!

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Ok just finaly tried out the recent build on my psp. Man this thing rocks. Now if only he can get cps2 done and I will be set.

Diggerman said:
Subbie may be referring the to media engine (the PSP's 2nd CPU). Haven't ried this emu yet, don't know if it uses the ME yet.

But the ME can give you a nice extra boost. That's how the SNES emu runs so nicely now (overall) - it uses the ME.

CPS2 will require a bit more processing power (to keep frame rates up). ROM sizes may be an issue for some games though.

Actualy I made a mistake. I though the cps2 was same just duel 68000 cores. It's actualy just one.

Cps2 emulation should be doable, they can probably also just batch some jobs to the ME (2nd psp cpu) to help emulation.

Last edited:

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Excatly whay I was thinking. CPS2 has a slightly faster 68000, but if sound emulation can be offloaded to the ME for example, that could pick up the slack and keep frame rates high. Either way, CPS2 is certainly doable. Wouldn't be surpised to see it happen within a week.

I still don't really play emus much, but it would be awesome just for the WOW factor. Some people would go bonkers seeing CPS2 games running on a PSP. It would be fun to watch. :D

BIG

sony fanboy
I'm really hoping for a CPSII emu....

I can see it now....Pro-Gear on the go!

B-

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Need help!

I downgraded and got the CPS1 emu running! However, I don't feel safe running the dev hook thingy. Someone walk me through this bitch, please! I wanna get back to playing VP Lenneth.:(

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Darklighterx said:
I downgraded and got the CPS1 emu running! However, I don't feel safe running the dev hook thingy. Someone walk me through this bitch, please! I wanna get back to playing VP Lenneth.:(

I can send you a full-install pack where all you have to do is dump the files in your stick and it will be ready to go. Other methods include dumping firmwares, converting stuff, etc. It's really very simple. You've downgraded and got it working, that's where you had/needed balls. From that point on, its a cupcake.

If you have the original UMD of VP Lenneth, it would be as simple as adjusting the proper setting in devhook to let it know to launch your UMD (from what I understand).

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Where did you guys find the cps 1 bios for this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

BIG

sony fanboy
Aaron D said:
Where did you guys find the cps 1 bios for this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Just drop the files into the roms folder (parent+daughter) and you're all set. No bios needed.

B-

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
BIG said:
Just drop the files into the roms folder (parent+daughter) and you're all set. No bios needed.

B-

Cool... I figured it out like 2 minutes after I posted that. I'm smokin' crack...

This emulator is awesome! It works really well.