Could someone list the links and chains in Garou?

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
I did, but found nothing, plus their combo FAQs are based off the fuckingly retarded Prototype version.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That's a lot of work you're asking someone to do. Maybe you should try asking for a specific character. While you're waiting for someone to come along and do a crapload of typing for you, here's one to get you started. Good for almost everyone in the game:

Jump in :C:, standing :C:, :qcf: :qcf:+:C: or :D: :loco:

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
SouthtownKid said:
That's a lot of work you're asking someone to do. Maybe you should try asking for a specific character. While you're waiting for someone to come along and do a crapload of typing for you, here's one to get you started. Good for almost everyone in the game:

Jump in :C:, standing :C:, :qcf: :qcf:+:C: or :D: :loco:
LOL, well how OK-
What characters have air-chains/links?
I only know ones for Hotaru & Dong-
Dong: Jumping :A:, :C:
Hotaru: Jumping :B:, :A: (or was it the opposite?)

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
havent played the gae in some time but here goes.

dong hwan and jea hoon: j, :A: , :C:
:down: +:B: , :down: +:C:

terry: :C: , :forw: +:C: or :A: , :C:

kain: :down: +:A: +:B: , :C:

hokutomaru: :A: , :D: or :A: , :A: , :C: or :B: , :D:
j, :A: , :C:
j, :A: , :B:
j, :B: , :A:
j, :B: :C:
j, :C: , :B:

rock: j, :C: , :B:
:D: , :forw: +:D: (doesnt really combo but overhead.
:A: , :C: (not real chain but it does combo)

Last edited:

E=MC2

hotaru:
j, :A: , :B:
j, :A: , :C:

butt:
:A: , :D:
:down: +:A: , :down: +:C:

jenet:
:A: , :C: or :D: the first can also be done low.

gato:
:A: , :C:
:D: , :down: +:A: , d+:B: or special after :A:

E=MC2

simple but nice hokutomaru corner combo:

j, :A: then :C: , :D: , :qcf: +:D: , :A: +:B: , :downf: +:D: , :qcb: +:D: do the :qcb: +:D: while still in the air after gitting :downf: +:D: or wait till you land and do :qcf: :qcf: +:B: or:D: .

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
I finally got a copy of MOTW yesterday, and am wondering: how useful is the :A: +:B: ( or :down: :A: +:B: ) "dodge" move? Versus the CPU, they seem pretty useless so far.

Izlude

n00b
SavagePencil said:
I finally got a copy of MOTW yesterday, and am wondering: how useful is the :A: +:B: ( or :down: :A: +:B: ) "dodge" move? Versus the CPU, they seem pretty useless so far.

The are pretty useful in human vs. human matches, they make for good mix-ups and many of them can be canceled into a special move or even super moves.

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
Next stupid question (and mind you, I've only had precious few matches to try it on): when should you perform the break in a breaking move? Does the :A: + :B: instantly cause a new animation when it interrupts the move?

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
:down: :A: :B: = Instant Priority Counter, usualy counter juggle's and most char's can start a combo w/this.

its very useful so learn too use it!

SavagePencil said:
Next stupid question (and mind you, I've only had precious few matches to try it on): when should you perform the break in a breaking move? Does the :A: + :B: instantly cause a new animation when it interrupts the move?

most Brake Move's have to be done like right after you preform the move, its usualy good for an extra Juggle, like Terry's :dragf: :B: , :A: :B: , power geyzer or buster wolf...or jaehoons :down: :up: :B: , :A: :B: , :qcb: :hcf: :B:

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
I have come up with a pretty nice flow combo for when playing vs. human, if you time it right you can do it just as well with computer.
With Freeman:
:qcb: :C: :qcb: :C: :qcb: :C: As they get off the ground :hcb: :D: Looks cool, and does cool damage, so I like it.

As for the cancellations someone was talking about, they are great! When you learn to use them, and turn them into a combo, thats when you learn to become an untouchable undefeatable player, and that is one of the reasons that the game is prolly the best neo-geo game out there. Unfortionatley I just fried my cart with a power spike, and need to purchase a new one..

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
It's nice that the Practice mode lets you set Guard 2 which helps test combos as well (first hit always succeeds, then CPU immediately attempts to guard after that). I can't believe how great this game is!

What's the general consensus on Butt's (lol) hold-:C: /hold-:D: moves? I was hoping it'd be a good combo for something like: hold :D: , jumping :C: , standing :C: , release :D: , but these charge moves don't appear to combo with anything.

Izlude

n00b
Butt's charge moves I think are better for being used as Guard Cancels because they come out very fast.

E=MC2

SavagePencil said:

:down: +:A: +:B: is the only way some combos work. like for instance you cant combo rocks raging storm dm/sdm. but if you jump :D: , :down: +:A: +:B: it stuns the opponent long enough for you to combo the raging storm dm/sdm.

:A: +:B: over heads are pretty good but i dont find them as good as the command overheads or the standard overheads used in sf3ts. :down: +:A: +:B: is pretty good as a counter, depending which move you counter or your timing. if timed right you can even outprioritize supers.

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
Freeman-12 said:
I did, but found nothing, plus their combo FAQs are based off the fuckingly retarded Prototype version.

Slightly back on topic, what's the prototype version?

E=MC2

if your not playing it on emulator then you dont need to know it. its just wht it says it is, the prototype version. you know what prototype means right?

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes, yes of course. I didn't know a prototype ROM image was floating around.

How lame.

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
SavagePencil said:
It's nice that the Practice mode lets you set Guard 2 which helps test combos as well (first hit always succeeds, then CPU immediately attempts to guard after that). I can't believe how great this game is!

What's the general consensus on Butt's (lol) hold-:C: /hold-:D: moves? I was hoping it'd be a good combo for something like: hold :D: , jumping :C: , standing :C: , release :D: , but these charge moves don't appear to combo with anything.

its just for pressure move's, like Balrogs press 3P or 3K in SF...

very good move to use w/ Hein Shipu Kyaku and his Counter move to get close too the other guy and keep pressuring...if you know how to use it in mindgames, its like they come from out of nowhere!! :buttrock:

you know Marco(Butt) can combo of his standing :D: right? and his jump :C: is a prety good jumpin, so you can use all punch's or kicks to do combos then let em have it w/ the charge P/K move...its better to use all kick's though since his Koh Ken is a safer combo move

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Major ass thanks Musolini ^_^b.

...and SavagePencil- the Protoype version of Garou allows u to do shit you could normally NEVER do in the console/mvs versions, for like comboing off the 2nd hit of Terry's Close D.

Anyway, regarding Butt's Charge C/D, one combo I know of is this:
Corner: Charge C, Jumping D-->Standing D-->F, D, DF+P (not sure if it was A or C BTW), Break, Release C
BTW, Butt has a hidden P. Power super: :qcf:x3+:C: rapidly; the more you tap :C:, the more damage u get, in fact, the MAX level (Leve 4) can combo into an opponent juggled from Breaking his :dragf:+P :D

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Here is a combo I lifted from a Howard's Arena match vid. It's for Gato and the guy playing did it like this

:downf: :A: +:B: :qcb: :B: immediatley press :B: and before opponent falls to the ground :qcf: x2 :A: or :D:

I couldn't get it to work starting with :downf: :A: +:B: , but I know it works starting after that move as long as you are in close. The key to it is that you are close your oppenent, and that you immediatley, and I mean as fast you can press :B: after the :qcb: :B: . Like I said, it's brilliant because it gets the opponent in the air, and then you basically grab them out of the air and perform the neck snap move.

E=MC2

Freeman-12 said:
Major ass thanks Musolini ^_^b.

...and SavagePencil- the Protoype version of Garou allows u to do shit you could normally NEVER do in the console/mvs versions, for like comboing off the 2nd hit of Terry's Close D.

Anyway, regarding Butt's Charge C/D, one combo I know of is this:
Corner: Charge C, Jumping D-->Standing D-->F, D, DF+P (not sure if it was A or C BTW), Break, Release C
BTW, Butt has a hidden P. Power super: :qcf:x3+:C: rapidly; the more you tap :C:, the more damage u get, in fact, the MAX level (Leve 4) can combo into an opponent juggled from Breaking his :dragf:+P :D

yeah nice corner combo would be:

:upf: +:D: , :D: , :dragf: +:A: , :A: +:B: , :C: +:D: (top), :qcf: :qcf: :qcf: +:C: (repeatadly till level 4).

and caleb1883 an easy corner cobo for gato:
:upf: +:B: then:A: , :down: +:A: , :qcb: +:D: , :B: , :qcb: +:B: :B: , :dragf: +:B: , :qcf: :qcf: +:A: or :C: .

you can do 3 or 4 qcb+B moves if you can nail it. one time i always easy.

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
and caleb1883 an easy corner cobo for gato:
:upf: +:B: then:A: , :down: +:A: , :qcb: +:D: , :B: , :qcb: +:B: :B: , :dragf: +:B: , :qcf: :qcf: +:A: or :C: .

you can do 3 or 4 qcb+B moves if you can nail it. one time i always easy.
Alternativly u can do:
Jumping C/D-->Down+AB-->QCB+D, B-->QCB+B, B 1 or 3 times-->F, D, DF+B-->QCFx2+C

Now here's a combo for Tizoc-
Jumping D-->QCF, tap/press A or B, QCF+D