Contact is out for the DS

Kristoff

Another Striker
Gameoz said:
If you get stuck you can always PM me. I beat the Japanese version and I am about half way through the USA version. I suggest that you take your time as the game is really not that long. The length comes from trying to find everything and leveling up.

Okay, added some friend codes... not sure what that does yet, we'll see.

But! I'm stuck. I'm in Aegis and can't figure out how to get the emblem that I need to get through the door in the Northern pyramid. Do I have to get the Deed to one of the other pyramids first? Am I missing something?

gracias!

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Kristoff said:
Okay, added some friend codes... not sure what that does yet, we'll see.

But! I'm stuck. I'm in Aegis and can't figure out how to get the emblem that I need to get through the door in the Northern pyramid. Do I have to get the Deed to one of the other pyramids first? Am I missing something?

gracias!

Not sure exactly where you are at. Have you paid the $10,000 for the deed to the Pyramid? If not, I would suggest doing that as that is important part of this area.

By emblems are you talking about the symbols on the floor? If so, (and you probably already know this) you need the correct suit for each symbol.

If we are talking about two different things, just post some more details and I will try to help you out.

HBCoffin

NEST Puppet
I've only been playing a couple of hours. I bought it the other day after I got it after I got out of working my first day at EB Games.

I bought it because it was advertised on the Starmen.net website, but it's actually NOTHING like Earthbound. The only Earthbound "like" thing about it is probably the doctor who reminds me of Dr. Andonuts. Other than that it's an entirely different level of gameplay. The costume function reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics and old Final Fantasy Job concepts.

Anyway, I've been stuck trying to find the second green stone thing (forgot what it's called). I just got the Mole outfit, and I can't find the Shadow Theif outfit that I seem to need. Anyone? Anyone know of a good guide posted yet?

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
This is a great little title.

Just got the chefs suit and im really really enjoying it. One of the better suprise games on the ds

Anybody who hasnt picked it yet should do it tomorrow. Awesome little title.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Picked this up back in December at a Wal-Mart (yeah, still selling for $35 too, but it was worth it) and just beat it with nearly 15 hours clocked in.

Great game, easily one of the best on the DS. It seems like a lot of people dislike it for the same reasons I love it; the battle system, graphics, the unconventional (some would call it bland) story, having only one person in your party, etc.

I kept on thinking to myself that this is the kind of game you play when you're young, one of your first games, and you love it, but when you grow up you see all of its 'flaws' yet the game still retains a special place in your heart. This is that kind of game, if it makes any sense.

Something else worth noting is that I love to grind in RPGs; I was leveled up well enough to beat the last boss without using any food/potions or using any Techs (although I only had 1 HP left, amazing! I love finishing a game on the skin of my teeth!). And still the game was only 15 hours, so I imagine most normal people who don't grind might be able to finish it a few hours shorter than me. 15 hours for an RPG is perfect for me, I've never beaten one before because I'd usually get bored by then and want to move onto something else.

Breaking the fourth wall was brilliant, and the ending was tops. Grasshopper definitely knew what the player would be doing and thinking in the end...

Anyways I feel a connection to this game and thought I'd give it a shout-out, more people need to play it. It seems this and Killer7 are very polarizing games, so yeah. Still worth checking out!

edit:
The last dungeon is called Akumujo Castle. It even shows the guy running on a bridge like it does in some Castlevanias!

Also you get inserted into two arcade games and have to play in their world which is cool.

Also also I love this soundtrack, geez why doesn't youtube have more! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEE6yp873B4

easily one of the best soundtracks on the DS, or perhaps from this gen, consoles included...

edit edit: the box art finally makes sense

Last edited:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I liked Contact too, but the levelling system for the different outfits I say was a bit cryptic. Thank god one didn't really need to max out all outfits in order to clear main game objectives. Music was great, art was great, wacky unconventional mission objectives for each island.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I bought it when it was $15 on cleareance somewhere. I leant it out to someone though and have yet to get it back. :(

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I just bought this (again) from someone here and just started playing it. I played through the Japanese version when I created this thread a couple of years ago. Since then I played through the USA version and I am now working on it again.

This is a really great game and different from a lot of what is out there. If you wanted to collect everything or max out your levels you would have to put in a ton of hours into this.

I do wish that there was an end game save that let you have a new game plus save but it really wouldn't work with the story.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
I just played it again recently too. I love it. Too bad it's like six hours long. A more fleshed out sequel would rule. Also, from what I can tell, there's no good reason to max out your stats? There's those "God cows" at the end, but they don't give you anything as far as I know, and you can beat one by trapping it behind something where it can't hit you.