Conspiracy Theories: Do people really believe these things? YES

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't want to dig through shit, so can someone show me an authentic excerpt of a kids text book talking about CRT in an inappropriate way?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't want to dig through shit, so can someone show me an authentic excerpt of a kids text book talking about CRT in an inappropriate way?
What I'd heard is that the excerpt they'd used to make their argument had been doctored to begin with, to make it look more CRT-ish than it actually was. My guess would be what SML brought up about the idea the whole thing could have been a smokescreen to rile up the public and distract from corruption. Desantis is probably getting kickbacks up the yinyang. CRT is just a convenient button he knows he can press.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The military industrial textbook complex is at work. Standardized testing was just the tip of the iceberg.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The military industrial textbook complex is at work. Standardized testing was just the tip of the iceberg.
There exists this kind of grifting in every arena in which industry intersects with government. The world of textbooks just happens to be one where none of us give a mad fuck about which publisher lands the multi-million dollar government contract. It is hard to get worked up about when there are also things like the privatized prisons bullshit and stuff. No one is wrongly losing their life or freedom over textbooks. As far as we know.