Consolised Atomiswave?

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
Is one of these bad boys worth getting? Any known issues with them? and how much should i pay for one?

How much are the games too?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Only person I've seen selling them is KPJ, albeit under a different name, I believe. Take that as you will.

I think Jon on this forum has a consonlized Atomiswave; it works really well, from what I saw.

THEONEANDONLY

Crazed MVS Addict
I have one. I got it from sonofx51. I know Macck use to do it but not anymore. Unless you do it, not really sure who you could go to. From hanging out on these boards, I know kpj charges a fortune and the quality is iffy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pointless really, not many games on the system.

gameaholic

DO NOT DEAL WITH ME! I STILL OWE STUFF TO MEMBERS!
AW

The Atomiswave is a nice system for the games they do have out..I play mine on a supergun with no problems at all...I like some of the fighters that are out...I personally have Rumble Fish, Demolish Fist, Knights of Valor, KOF Neo Wave, etc and like all of them. If you want to use a supergun to play that would probably be best. I have no issues with the Atomiswave at all and use it daily..With patience you can find all the games on ebay for a reasonable price. It has more games than the Hyper 64 so it's worth owning.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Atomiswave wouldn't have any extra features that home versions of the games have, that's the downside of consolizing it.
are there any systems other than the neo that have home system features on the carts themselves? Like the Hyper 64 was also going to be a home system?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
That looks like a pretty interesting project. Are they just standard res or higher than that? Looks like it would be vga or such. If that is the case it may look better on a newer tv than older systems and could be a pretty cool console.

I don't think I've ever seen but one aw setup in the wild and that was sport shooting. That game seemed okay though but not too interesting and the cabinet was kind of ugly.

Khan

New Challenger
I play my atomiswave system via supergun on my LCD TV there is a Hi res dipswitch and let me just say it looks totally amazing! I own 3 boards although one belongs to my brother I was supposed to be selling one to a friend till he backed out :( the other board has a slight fault.

It boots games perfect but I cant input controls or press start....I would say its a good system overall a little pricey and theres not many games on it but the games that are there are incredibly fun to play.

I got KOFXI,Knights of valour (2 copies),Demolish fist and I got rumblefish incoming (fingers crossed)

underrated system imo.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I would go the SG route. I love my AW setup but I wouldn't consolize it.

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
Sorry for my lack of technical insight and knowledge but whats a supergun and do i need an MVS or an AES to use one of these?

With a Supergun is there any issues / loss of quality on the AW games?

Twimfy

n00b
Sorry for my lack of technical insight and knowledge but whats a supergun and do i need an MVS or an AES to use one of these?

With a Supergun is there any issues / loss of quality on the AW games?

A supergun is just a PC/Arcade power supply and a set of wires/chips which sit in between the arcade motherboard and your tv.

You don't need an AES or an MVS.

If you're in the UK type in Vogatek supergun into ebay. There's a guy who sells and makes these cheap and cheerful superguns which simply plug into the arcade board (they all use the same connector called a JAMMA harness). Then all you have to do is plug a controller, speakers and TV into this board and you're good to go.

A lot of people slate the Vogatek because it plug directly into the arcade board but I used one with my Hyper 64 and was very happy with it.

A supergun is worth buying because you can use an MVS with it or any other arcade board out there that takes your fancy. There are a few exceptions but not many.