Coming soon to a PS2 near you...

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
TF5.jpg

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Some tidbits from the interview:

The director is the same guy that did Segagaga and Astro Boy.

The team are 50% shooter veterans and 50% fresh blood.

They have purchased the rights to the Tecnosoft brand and Thunderforce name from the relevant owners.

The game gets the seal of approval from these people, and they are confident this game truly represents the Thunderforce series, and follows faithfully in the steps of the previous games.

You still get to select between 5 different weapons at will, only this time when you die you keep your weapons.

Apparently, the team behind this are planning to revive another classic shooter series, but it all depends on the success of this title, so shooter fans really need to shed out their cash on this.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

They have purchased the rights to the Tecnosoft brand and Thunderforce name from the relevant owners.

Apparently, the team behind this are planning to revive another classic shooter series, but it all depends on the success of this title, so shooter fans really need to shed out their cash on this.

Awesome. Best news I've heard in a hell of a long time.

I hope this game is fantastic and sells halfway well so they get a chance to update another great franchise.

Also hopes for a TF complete compilation maybe for the PSP or something.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Some tidbits from the interview:

The game gets the seal of approval from these people, and they are confident this game truly represents the Thunderforce series, and follows faithfully in the steps of the previous games.

So in other words, TF6 is not being made by the original Technosoft... well, don't want to sound too nerdy but this puts a serious dent in my excitement, despite their claims to have some old Technosoft guy's approval. SNK, Technosoft, Psikyo, the old Sega, Wolfteam and MicroProse are special for me...

Okay, I'll give it a try no matter what, after all it's a new hori shmup and that's a rare thing these days anyway.

Thanks for posting all those screens/scans, they look quite good IMO.

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I thought I remembered reading that Noise Factory was doing a TF6 for the Dreamcast and PC, then it got scrapped. Is this the same game or all new from the ground up?