Come on, there must be someone excited in the Atomiswave

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoLord said:
I don't plan on selling my Neo-Geo games anytime soon. In fact, I don't plan on leaving ng.com either. This may be the end of the Neo as we know it, but the community will remain, long after the mainstream members have moved on from this site.

I am still happy with my Neo-Geo and games, and I see no reason to plunk down $500 for an Atomiswave board until Sammy / SNK can prove their worth on this new piece of hardware.

In the meantime, I will reserve judgment until something tangible is released. Will I favor the Atomis over the Neo in the coming months once SNK games start appearing on the hardware? I seriously doubt it… I don’t think graphics warrant the purchase of an entirely new system with some new releases costing in excess of $600 or better.

I guess only time will tell.

I agree. Well stated.

Curt

apostate
Hig res will be nice

but I will miss having new AES relaeses

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I agree with NeoLord and others as far as being steadfast in making the most of whatever the NEO has to offer past, present, and future(tenuous as it is)...I have a wait-and-see stance with the Atomiswave prospects, but they'll have to remove my NEO AES, CD, and Pocket
*cue Charleton Heston voice-over*
"from my cold dead hand"

:buttrock:

Reality Check

World Hero
I'm all up for the new hardware. Guilty Gear is one of my favorite games and will love to see Samurai Shodown with the dame quilty.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Sure I'm excited about new 2D games. Of course I am. I mean, the prospects excite me. I still have to wait and see how it all turns out.

(deleted ramblings)

Last edited:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Hmm I just reread what I said and it was awfully poorly written, damn it.

My idea is that you should love the Neo-Geo already for what it already has, since it has so much... And you shouldn't worry about where the new games are going because we already have so much to be happy about... And if you are complaining that the Neo still can do the best games.. Well don't you already have the best games on the Neo? The Atmoiswave can do more things anyway, so maybe we will see more features. That isn't always better, but at this point it's just not possible to make a better game by simply reworking like they've been doing. The only improvements they can make anymore are in adding new features, more characters or whatever. Maybe in Metal Slug it would be able to handle more things on screen. At least that would be something different to master.

Atomiswave? NEW SYSTEM? NEW COMPANY?

:crying: I guess neo geo is going for a long sleep for it's neo geo tittle and change to Atomiswave!!! hope everything goes well as they promised!? :D but are they trying to create a new system? :eek: I'm thinking that they going to pump the game such as SSV and metal slug 6? :eek_2: and I wonder what's there LOGO when you turn it on your system :annoyed: will that be base on NEW system like PS2, XBOX, NINTENDO? will the controller will be different? :help:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm excited only if this means that the Dreamcast will become the next Neo Geo and that SNKP and Sammy will start supporting it like SNK/SNKP supported the AES.

If that doesn't happen... I couldnt give a fuck less.

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
I could give a shit less about the "death of the neo".
I have'nt enjoyed any of the games released in the last 2 years or so, nearly as much as the pre 2000 games.
I've had a MVS cab for 8yrs and I will keep it forever. Because the old classics rock!!

If the AtomisWave ends up having 30 or 40 great games who knows? Maybe years down the road I'll buy one. Until that happens I'll continue to play,sell and buy the old MVS games that make the Neo what it is.