Coin cell battery holder for 4-slot MVS

What coin-cell battery holder is everyone using when changing their 2-slot/4-slot MVS boards to use a non-rechargeable lithium battery? I purchased a 20mm through-hole holder for a CR2032 battery today, but the pins are more narrow than the holes on the board.

The holes for the battery on my 4-slot measure .938" wide. I've been unable to find any holders with a pin spacing close to this at Mouser or Digikey. Does anyone have a part number or supplier for a battery holder with the proper pin spacing?

Those are .807 according to the datasheet. The one I have is about .790", and it's just a bit too far to bend the pins. I think an .890" spread would work, but I haven't found anything around those dimensions.

The pictures that Xian-Xi has in the 2-slot battery mod tutorial on his website show that the 2-slot has two holes in the PCB that could be used for the + side of the battery. The 4-slot I have only has one of those holes, and it's the wider one. Here's the 2-slot pic:

2fbat3.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can get the wider holder or you can bend the tabs to fit the holes.

Just make sure you disable the charging circuit before powering the board with a coin cell battery installed. Some people for some reason don't disable it.

You can get the wider holder or you can bend the tabs to fit the holes.

Just make sure you disable the charging circuit before powering the board with a coin cell battery installed. Some people for some reason don't disable it.

Yeah, I just bent the pins and installed the holder I have. It sits up off the board a bit, but it's not too bad. I'll just have to be a bit careful when changing the battery to avoid putting too much strain on the solder joints.

I already removed the 470ohm resistor to disable the charging feed to the battery earlier today.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Found this thread on a search, but the link in the beginning for the battery holder is dead. What battery size is recommended (ie 2032, etc.) and how do you disable the charge circuit?