Coffee love

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Do you count the minutes to your next cup? I live with some pretty big coffee nerds, so we get new gadgets from time to time. Wondering what kind of gear everyone is using to get their fix.

I've been lusting after a porlex for a while now..
8514405376_0e3087c8b9_z.jpg

My current setup is: hario skerton grinder, hario kettle, and a chemex. I use the french press if I'm feeling like something a little different.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I only make coffee every so often.
I keep a cheaper Proctor Silex drip percolator around.

For as much as a laughing stock as it may sound, it does what I need it to.

I used to be gung-ho for Community Coffee, but it got harder to find and the brand went for a more "Premium" image, so the price jumped.

So, I discovered Red Diamond Ultra Blend, and, it's way better tasting than Community ever was.
I may dare say it's among the finest things shipped from Birmingham, Alabama.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I'm really only a coffee drinker on the weekends when I can sit and enjoy a cup.

My favorite:
0088133400046_500X500.jpg

best enjoyed with a little sugar and some heavy whipping cream. Sounds crazy but really good. At almost 10 bucks a bag, I don't get it frequently.

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Bialetti stovetop espresso machine + Caffe Mauro = victoly!

caffemauro_concerto_1000g.png omino_bialetti_mondocarosello.jpeg

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
keruig thingy here :(

at least we have the reusable k-cups.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
breville espresso machine here....

I am pretty evenly split between making espresso drinks and just using the burr grinder to make regular pots of coffee.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Bought it initially as a joke but this stuff is actually pretty good. I'm not a coffee snob in any way at all, maybe 4 or 5 cups a week and not really picky.

hotsauceworld_2253_6312528.jpg

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
We recently got an aeropress, I'm loving it. Makes a really good cup, fast.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I only drink a couple cups a day and I hate fussing with pots, filters etc.

Got this for a gift last year and I've been pretty happy. I usually get the Dunkin' Dark or the Starbucks Pikes Place K cups.

r3UD0aV.jpg

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Tim Horton's Fine Grind is my coffee of choice. I drink it black. I brew it with a Black & Decker CM1650B.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
When it comes to coffee I drink the equivalent of swill.

Wouldn't mind trying the finer stuff but I don't care for it that much (yet) to go out and seek that stuff out.

EDIT: Only really started drinking coffee this year, mainly for the caffeine and so I wouldn't turn to a soda.

I guess I am coming around to drinking coffee for coffee's sake but, meh.

Last edited:

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
When it comes to coffee I drink the equivalent of swill.

Wouldn't mind trying the finer stuff but I don't care for it that much (yet) to go out and seek that stuff out.

If you feel like having a good cup I would just pick up a bag of good beans locally, someone at a shop in your area can probably tell you what's good near you. Alternately, you could grab a bag of stumptown house blend which I always enjoy. They will ship it right to you.http://buy.stumptowncoffee.com/house-blend-1.html

Pick up a french press, I have a bodum just like this one and it works great. http://www.amazon.com/Hario-MSS-1B-Mini-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B001804CLY/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1371686176&sr=1-6&keywords=hario

Lastly, get a burr grinder. They are awesome. I have a different model hario but I've been thinking about the mini mill because the grinds are supposedly more consistent for french press.
http://www.amazon.com/Hario-MSS-1B-Mini-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B001804CLY/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1371686176&sr=1-6&keywords=hario

$68 including the bag of stumptown, and a couple bucks to ship the bag to you. $72 total maybe? First thing I do in the morning is start grinding, gets my blood moving and the smell of the freshly ground beans gets the bowels moving :lolz:

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I'm not picky, I can drink anything as long as it's somewhat fresh. I've been grinding and brewing misc. Shartbucks beans for the 6 months or so (burning up a gift card I got from work) - and I am a happy camper. I do avoid Maxwell house. I use the press from time-to-time, but usually just brew on the Cuisinart drip.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
drink that shit all the time.

DD whole bean original blend is my poison, as my maker grinds the beans, then makes the coffee

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Coffee lover for sure... used to be a pretty bad-ass barista back in the day, and ever since am all about it. For any UK people here: AMT coffee. I was an area manager for them and had to go for re-fresher courses every month. They took their coffee seriously and I believe they used to get voted as having the best coffee in the UK.

Moving on: I now use a Moka Express (same as TurboCro posted) every morning. Awesome little device. My roommate has the Aero Press and that thing is amazing as well and travel light!
One day when I settle down I will get a proper Gaggia machine for the house.... that and a cab... one day...one day :)

As for coffee that I use: Turkish coffee is ok... but I am not a fan of making it at home. At home I love good, strong Italian coffee. I buy a variety of Arabica/Robusta mixes at the local Metro. Whatever they have in store. Cannot live without coffee!

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I have a small 4 cup stove top moka pot by IMGUSA for strong brew and a small Black & Decker drip machine.

I use Cafe Bustelo

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Don’t drink coffee as much as I used too. Once in a while though I’ll buy a cup.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I almost never drink coffee. Maybe once a month after a nice dinner out as something of an aperitif.

That said, we occasionally do a coffee beer at work and we inevitably end up sitting around brewing and tasting several different types of coffees, blending with beer at different concentrations, etc. And I always end up with crazy caffeine jitters to go with my slight buzz.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Coffee + Bailey's Irish Cream + Jameson.

Now Lithy, you have a reason to drink coffee.

Switch out the liquors for your preferred brands.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
120296b.jpg
What I currently am drinking and liking.

214933b.jpg
What I used to drink until Costco stopped carrying it.

cdo_l.png
This s**t's better than Starbucks!

I drink my coffee straight; no sweeteners, lighteners, etc....maybe a shot of booze in it, but usually straight black, all day everyday.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Hi guys!
At work I'm part of the coffee club.
For 8 dollars a month I drink close to about 3-4 cups a day of this nectar of the gods:

folgers-classic-roast-ground-coffee-can-1.jpg

And if I ever have to wake up early at home,
I use instant:

Nescafe1.jpg

I'm not a connoisseur at all when it comes to coffee.
I take it black because I think sugar and cream takes away from the wonderful taste.