Codes for Chaos.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
oh yeah i tried all the codes from yesterday too... no luck (the double presses did however not register as character selection so....)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I dunno, but its pissing me off. Why can't people just be honest and say what the real codes are instead of releasing fake codes and pissing people off?

Oh well, I'm pretty sure Arcadia will have the real codes either in the next issue or the one after it.

Notice how those pics conveniently fail to show where the cursor position is.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Fygee ]</small>

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
OK, I tried the codes again and they are bullshit lie. I did pile 700 yen into that sucker, and Kasumi is quite a beast. Like most grapplers, she can grab your opponent out of a physical attack if you time it correctly, so for instance if Iori decides to pull his Yaotome on you, time it right and you can grab him out of it, and whoop his ass. She's all counter and throws, they have insane priority, and her kick always, and still has one of the best reaches in the game. Her DM takes off 1/4 of your opponent's lifebar if it connects, and travels the whole screen, probably one of the best in the game. Works great when you juggle your opponent and then combo into the DM.
Dan is hilarious, I don't know all his incarnations very well, but he has all his DMs intact it seems. Yes, the Otoko no Michi is in, I saw someone embarassed by this move. His voice becomes insanely deep when he pulls off what sounds like 'Haohshokouken', or the Kyokugen Ryu's ultimate fireball, it doesn't travel far but it's big and hard to avoid, and it doesn't consume power stock. He also has a move where he holds up his arm to stop the opponent, it looks like it either has autoguard on or he just doesn't get knocked down unless it's a sweep, I have yet to figure out which. It takes a while, but think of it as the Charge moves in Last Blade, it appears to be unblockable, he punches when the charge is complete, hurts his fist, turns away and winces in pain, then turns back toward the player with that stupid grin on his face and the shiny teeth.
When Exceed mode is on, some moves have super cancel. I'm still desparately trying to pull off Kyo's exceed, which seems hard to do because AC discharges his meter, and I just suck with the arcade joystick it seems. I can't even pull off Iori's follow up to his Yaotome.
Nope, haven't been good enough to see any Alien from Metal Slug nor have I been able to see Zero. (Weeps)

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
Wild Iori
While holding Start, l, r, l, r, l, r, AC

Wild Ken
While holding Start, l, r, l, r, l, r, BD

Goenitz
While holding Start, d, r, u, l, d, u, BC

Geese
While holding Start, d, l, u, r, d, u, BC

Dan
While holding Start, l, r, u, d, l, r, u, d, AC

Zero
While holding Start, BC, ABC, BC, l, r

-----

I would assume that all these codes should be done from the cursor's starting position, since they don't specify a start point.

Well, I dunno. Could be as much of a hoax as the last set of codes. But I know this much:

The actual code, whether it's this or something else, probably involves the pressing of two buttons, since that doesn't select a character. It's awfully strange that it doesn't, because in almost any other game, pressing multiple buttons at the select screen would be the same as pressing one button.

Anyways, I tried the old codes too, they don't work. Irksome that someone would post codes that were either a hoax, or something they hadn't tried themselves.

I'll give these a shot too...but by the time I get the chance, someone will probably have confirmed some set of working codes anyway, be it these or something else.

-Ven

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Ven ]</small>

bokmeow

In King of Fighters 96, you had to actually press 2 buttons to do the selection for Bakuzou Iori and Bakuzou Leona, precisely because the 2 buttons don't register as one button, otherwise in King of Fighters pressing CD wouldn't score a strong attack, nor would AB score a roll.

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
This also was on SVC UPLOADER:

---

ZERO
Hold Start, d, u, l, r, d, u, d, r, BC

Mars People
Hold Start, l, r, d, u, l, r, l, r, AD

The displayed character will change when the buttons are pressed simultaneously. Select the character by pressing the A button one more time.

------

These are by a different person...different code for Zero.

The first set of codes are probably fake...but these? These look a little more promising, considering the guy talks about pressing A to select them after they show up. Still doesn't say where to start from, though.

Anyways, uh...

If these codes are like '97s (bokmeow, aren't those codes for bousou Iori in 97, not 96?), they need to start somewhere. If doing this from the cursor's starting position doesn't work...the big question is...where does one put one's cursor to start??

But...uh...seems to be more people saying the first set of codes are a hoax. The last post in that thread seems to finish with something about "assholes who say stuff like l, r, l, r, l, r need to get the f*** out right now"...

Something like that...so the KOF '97 imitation codes probably do not work, but I bet the real codes are something similar. These new ones for Zero and Mars People look promising, though...I hope I get to try em.

I'm getting tired, and I'm drowning in all the sentences and kanji I can't comprehend on SVC uploader. If nothing's changed later on today, maybe taking a look at the replies to the codes will reveal something more.

'nite...or morning.

-Ven

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Ven ]</small>

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
This is getting stupid. First we have the fake pics now we have the fake codes. Why must people do such dum stuff? Beez maybe next you're up there you could ask the SVC players if they have any idea.

Tacking

n00b
What about this code?

ギース ←←←↓←↑→↑
マーズピープル ↑↓→→→↑↓←←↓
ゲーニッツ ↓↓↓→↓←←←
暴走庵 ↑↑↑↓←→↓←
ロックマンゼロ ↑→→←←↓↑↑↑
ダン ↓←←←←←←←
デミトリ →→→←↑→↓↑
洗脳ケン ↑↑↓←←→←↑

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Well, I don't know if anyone's looked at Madman's Cafe today, but he's got some codes posted on his site. I usually trust him, so someone should go check it out.

cLo

Marked Wolf
Overkill Geyser:
Well, I don't know if anyone's looked at Madman's Cafe today, but he's got some codes posted on his site. I usually trust him, so someone should go check it out.
I just checked out MMCafe. Mentioned the Mars alien as a hidden figher. Is this the Mars alien from Metal Slug?

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: cLo ]</small>

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
cLo:
I just checked out MMCafe. Mentioned the Mars alien as a hidden figher. Is this the Mars alien from Metal Slug?
Yes, that's the one.

Seig

n00b
I don't have the game up here where I live so I need some confirmation on some codes.

Play as Geese:
Hold Start and press left (x3), down, left, up, right, up
then press a button to select.

Play as Dan:
Hold Start and press down, left (x7) then press a button to select.

Play as Goenitz:
Hold Start and press down (x3), right, down, left (x3)

Play as Demitri:
Hold Start and press right (x3), left, up, right, down, up

Play as Mars People:
Hold Start and press up, down, right (x3), up, down, left (x2) down

Play as Zero:
Hold Start and press up, right (x2), left (x2), down, up (x3), right

Play as Orochi Iori:
Hold Start and press up (x3), down, left, right, down, left

Play as Violent Ken:
Hold Start and press up (x2), down, left (x2), right, left, up

Play as Athena:
Hold Start and press up, down, right (x3), down, left, up

Play as Red Arremer: buttrock
Hold Start and press down, up (x3), down, left, right, left

detailed move discriptions (button motions if possable) for any that are confirmed. :D

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Tacking:
What about this code?

ギース ←←←↓←↑→↑
マーズピープル ↑↓→→→↑↓←←↓
ゲーニッツ ↓↓↓→↓←←←
暴走庵 ↑↑↑↓←→↓←
ロックマンゼロ ↑→→←←↓↑↑↑
ダン ↓←←←←←←←
デミトリ →→→←↑→↓↑
洗脳ケン ↑↑↓←←→←↑
Yep, i tried these codes out and they all work :) Need to try out the other 2 codes now and see if you really can play as Athena and the Red Arremer wink

Godammit, this seems to be the type of game that makes you want to buy a home system and be proud that you enjoy Neo Geo games (I think we followers have been lacking in our faith recently :rolleyes: wink !)

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Either I`m entirely wrong, or the codes for Athena and the Red Arremer don`t work. The other codes seem to go in fine :) but the machine won`t have any for the last 2 :( . I wish I could know what they are as I leave Japan tomorrow and it`ll be real hard to find an SvC:Chaos machine in England :mad: (unless you`re loaded :( !)

bokmeow

Muchiko:
I tried Athena's several times. No work.
There were codes for Athena? I didn't seem them though.

Maybe they are time released or after you beat Athena, you can enter the code to access her.

kirtap

n00b
help i can't get any of the codes to work! i've already wasted around $10 just trying the codes... how do guys do it exactly? do i hold start after i insert my coin or at the character select? do i input the code really fast?

Azrael

n00b
Just hold d start button take your time moving the joystick in each corresponding directional codes and press any button...it still works even you do it slow.

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Azrael ]</small>