CMVS button response issue

metoo3

n00b
Hi all,

I may have a strange issue with my CMVS MV1A or maybe I'm simply too critical :D

On both of my custom Arcade sticks the button response stops at a certain point if I hit the buttons too fast in sequence. A light push withouth bottoming out makes it even worse.

If I use the standard pistol in MS and shoot too fast, the shooting stops at some point and I need to slowdown and press the button until bottom.

This is the same for two custom Arcade Sticks and both controller ports.

The MVS controller test is ok, in case I do the above the button input will also stop at some point if I hit too fast.

Maybe it's just me and the way I press the buttons, just want to be on the safe side there is no technical issue...

Thanks in advance.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hi all,

I may have a strange issue with my CMVS MV1A or maybe I'm simply too critical :D

On both of my custom Arcade sticks the button response stops at a certain point if I hit the buttons too fast in sequence. A light push withouth bottoming out makes it even worse.

If I use the standard pistol in MS and shoot too fast, the shooting stops at some point and I need to slowdown and press the button until bottom.

This is the same for two custom Arcade Sticks and both controller ports.

The MVS controller test is ok, in case I do the above the button input will also stop at some point if I hit too fast.

Maybe it's just me and the way I press the buttons, just want to be on the safe side there is no technical issue...

Thanks in advance.

Are the buttons wired directly to the controller cable or are you using some type of multi console controller board?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

metoo3

n00b
Buttons are Sanwa Snap In OBSF-30. I have no other MVS motherboard or MAK supergun.

Tomorrow I'll test the buttons with a multimeter. I think it should beep on every push.

Although I ordered Gold Leaf screw in buttons since they may have a different push/click experience...

Maybe it's just my style of using the buttons. I consider the OBSF-30 plunger as very "loose",
combined with a very fast and light push it may cause the button not to hit its microswitch.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sounds like you're just not used to Japanese buttons imho, I've used OBSF-30 buttons for Metal Slug before and didn't have any problems.

metoo3

n00b
Cable is 3m + internal wiring 0.5m (roughly).

Yesterday I did another 3h testing and gaming session.

Actually this issue might be caused by me. At some point I manage to hit the Sanwa button at a certain angle so that the microswitch doesn't trigger.
If I push the button in the middle area this problem eventually disappears. Although there seems to be tiny differences in the button movement. The majority of my Sanwa's barely need to come up before I could push again, some of them need to rise a tiny bit more.

Once I change my finger's angle the problem seems to disappear. I tried the input test for about 30 mins and came to the conclusion it's the combination of the buttons and myself.

As a next step I will test the affected buttons with a multimeter and install silent pads to see if anything changes.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You said it's a custom stick, is it possible the hole is very tight and is interfering with the plunger?

metoo3

n00b
The hole is not very tight. At least on the Mad Catz TE it's rather loose. On the SFIV it's rather firm but I don't consider any issues from that.

I received the Gold Leaf buttons gonna do some testing this weekend...