cloudy skies- on android (my game)

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I have always loved arcade style shooters for as long as I can remember, and there never was one that I considered a complete experience for the android platform until now. We have worked really hard to make sure that now only is this a complete, solid arcade-style shooter. But also that it is playable at your convienence. It plays though text messages, pauses for phone calls, and has a save function if you have to continue later and don't wish to restart.

The version that is out right now is the demo version. Our full game should be out in 2 weeks.

Thank you for your support

It is meant to run on phones with a 1ghz processor or higher (phones 1 year or less old) with a resolution of at least 320 x 480 (the lg optimus is the one phone I know that it doesn't work on (my brother owns one too).

Last edited:

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I was able to download it. I'm not sure if I had a network error or if my phone is too old. but I had to do it three times. I heard my network is having data problems right now too (Sprint)

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
just posted an update, should be a bit more friendly for all versions of phones now. it was having problems when the market messed with the code a little, but the programmer has adjusted it and we tested it.

Our app plays best on modern phones (less than a year old), but I run it on an old android and it still plays.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I downloaded it and while I applaud the effort I found the movement kind of terrible on my phone. It could be my phone. I have an LG Optimus V and maybe the screen just isn't big enough to play. I'm sure it would play great on a tablet.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
thanks, we are in the process of updating. the game is almost complete. Seems to work better on the 1ghz phones (unfortunately mine isn't :( ). and for right now the min resolution is 320 x 480. the optimus is a bit lower than that, but I'm trying to get the programmer to work with that. We will be doing out best to make it compatible with all phones.

currently the testers I have been playing are running a bit smoother and faster, because the code has been revised quite a bit. I will post up when we update again

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
great to see this project coming to fruition buddy! i know you put a lot of work into it, so it must be rewarding feeling. unfortunately i have a crappy old fashioned cell phone, but i'll pass the word onto friends to check this out!

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
thank you. We just finished last Saturday. we haven't been able to work in anything lower than 320x480 (because I drew the graphics to fit that size), but it will be worked on. It works best on phones 1 year old or less (android), and I'm proud of it). We will be working on another release soon also

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Trying out the demo on an Optimus S. The touch screen sensitivity is way too low. Having to really hit the screen to get into the options and how to play menus. Could be the annoying lack of decent multi touch on the screen.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Trying out the demo on an Optimus S. The touch screen sensitivity is way too low. Having to really hit the screen to get into the options and how to play menus. Could be the annoying lack of decent multi touch on the screen.

Towards the end of the project we realised quite a few things the phones it works best on (1ghz or above), and the problems with the lg optiums (my brother has one) I let the programmer know and he did all he could, but because of cycling and the number of objects on the screen it doesn't pair well with some phones. However we are working on our next project which hopefully should address these issues.

Thank you for your support

P.S. I have an HTC hero and it is a bit laggy on that too (has something to do with cycling)

"would like to see it for Iphone "
-that is one of our top priorities, we just don't have a mac that we can use for it. For the iphone games we need a mac to program on, and it has to be pretty recent too if I remember correctly (within 2-3 years or less)

Last edited:

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
You can put together a pretty reasonable hackentosh - I built a pc running mac os system dual boot with that and windows 7 - Good luck

Jim

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
You can put together a pretty reasonable hackentosh - I built a pc running mac os system dual boot with that and windows 7 - Good luck

Jim

will it run os X? I know it has to at least run some version of os X. Not sure which though