Cleaning gray CPS2 case (Asia)

Gladson

n00b
So I finally got my own Aliens vs Predator board, the arcade game I wanted the most. Even though the labels are in nice condition, the gray case itself has some darker, brownish stains. Is there a safe way to clean those gray boards without further damaging them (or, at least, make them less apparent)? I don't wanna sand it or repaint it, just clean it (if possible). Any tips?

Also, for those scratches, maybe Novus 1/2/3 would help?

luNqVc8.png

3gBqJ22.png

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I ususally use Gladfather brand Gray Cleaner, works like a charm.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The shell casing is like 30 years old.No cleaner in the world is going to undue thirty years of character...
You can only further damage it at this point and it would be an altering,abnormal damage as opposed to being a normal process of wear.
Enjoy that one and swap it for one in what you deem to be in better condition in the future.
BB

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Those yellow spots are caused by bromide/flame retardant migrating to the surface, sometimes caused by heat . Retrobright might work but it would be hard to get it to match and retrobright does make stuff more brittle. On a related note boiling plastic has become anew trend to restore the water bonds in these plastics that makes them brittle. Tl:dr i would just use some windex and call it good. Those asia grey cases tend to yellow a lot.