Cigar Central!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
No. 4 is the most-smoked Monte in Spain, zinho. 5 is better IMO but that's a matter of taste.

And no, of course you don't inhale, the alcaline aftertaste ruins the enjoyment of the cigar.

I also don't go to cigar lounges, can't cope with new breed of "aficionados".

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Point taken Tak also thanks for correcting me!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
61afedb860b38f001dd67904.jpg

"I said it stinks! No one's buyin' it and you shouldn't be sellin' it."

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm just not sure my smoking cravings could have been satisfied without inhaling. It would be like swirling a brandy around your mouth then spitting it out.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm just not sure my smoking cravings could have been satisfied without inhaling. It would be like swirling a brandy around your mouth then spitting it out.
Is that different from your normal routine?

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
That is the whole point. I used to inhale Cohiba cigarillos and it felt good but inhaling a cigar is crazy! It’s a tasting plus there’s enough nicotine from just regular smoking it

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I enjoy a good cigar, but am in general a non-smoker. We used to smoke 1-3 cigars an evening in our favorite american cocktail bar when it was still allowed to smoke inside in Europe. Don't get me wrong - personally I'm a fan of banning smoking in restaurants/bars, I just miss it in my bar.
They had the perfect interior - dark wooded furniture, comfty chairs, walls lined with whisky bottles and played classics like Sinatra all evening. Paired with a very humorous british waiter and a great mixer it was the perfect setup.

As for cigars I started out by being offered a "Moods" by a friend - defenitely not a quality cigar I'd say, but I got interested and explored the possibilities a bit. Nowadays I prefer light cigars from a manufactory in Germany (Taks recommendation, thank you pal) and for celebrations a Bossner Ambassador. Light cigars are perfect as a very occasional smoker. (The last time I had a Montechristo Edmundo from a pal I had a 2 hour nicotine shock)

From time to time I attended tasting held by the store where we acquired the cigars most of the time, they had interesting presentations by manufactors, including classic companies like Davidoff for the newest Avo Line, but also brands like Total Flame.

Since the ban in restaurants and bars I smoke the most when I'm fishing. There's nothing like setting up your folding chair, opening a beer, lighting a cigar and hoping the damn fish won't interrupt your perfect moment.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I enjoy a good cigar, but am in general a non-smoker. We used to smoke 1-3 cigars an evening in our favorite american cocktail bar when it was still allowed to smoke inside in Europe. Don't get me wrong - personally I'm a fan of banning smoking in restaurants/bars, I just miss it in my bar.
They had the perfect interior - dark wooded furniture, comfty chairs, walls lined with whisky bottles and played classics like Sinatra all evening. Paired with a very humorous british waiter and a great mixer it was the perfect setup.

As for cigars I started out by being offered a "Moods" by a friend - defenitely not a quality cigar I'd say, but I got interested and explored the possibilities a bit. Nowadays I prefer light cigars from a manufactory in Germany (Taks recommendation, thank you pal) and for celebrations a Bossner Ambassador. Light cigars are perfect as a very occasional smoker. (The last time I had a Montechristo Edmundo from a pal I had a 2 hour nicotine shock)

Since the ban in restaurants and bars I smoke the most when I'm fishing. There's nothing like setting up your folding chair, opening a beer, lighting a cigar and hoping the damn fish won't interrupt your perfect moment.
Hahaha Berry watch out for those fish. Yes, the ban is a mixed bag of emotions, around here a tabacaria can’t serve food even, but we can always fashion our personal cigar heaven

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Having a cigar is a maybe once a month thing for me. It’s really not a good habit, but they taste and smell nice, and I can appreciate the craftsmanship of them. It’s also very relaxing, and best as a solitary experience in my opinion.

I mostly just stick to the higher rated ones in the Cigars International catalog, but I am easily swayed by a cool name or fancy label. Not long ago I bought some just because they had Mark Twain’s picture on them. They were deserving of his endorsement.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I mostly just stick to the higher rated ones in the Cigars International catalog, but I am easily swayed by a cool name or fancy label. Not long ago I bought some just because they had Mark Twain’s picture on them. They were deserving of his endorsement.
If you think about it, I mean smoke a few and really, really think about it, it's wild how branding on everything is more important than the product itself.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Branding can certainly set the scene for the enjoyment of a product. I guess I don't always hate that, especially with something that intends to be relaxing.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Last time I had a cigar it was a good old Partagas Serie D No. 4. It's a Robusto format and has a nice round taste with leathery and coffee flavours, as well as a wealth of aromes that always take me away. Full bodied, medium amount of nicotine.

The No. 4 is my favorite of the series and a staple in my humidor since a long time. I was lucky to purchase a box of 25 the year before Covid hit, they have become quite rare and expensive now, also thanks to Chinese and Russian nouveau riche buying up stock left and right. A No. 4 used to cost around €10 before Covid, the storm and the new interest in Habanos, now they run up to €65 and sometimes even more - if you can find them, that is. Cigarworld, one of the biggest tobacco merchants in Germany located in Düsseldorf, currently has no stock whatsoever, and the few Cuban stogies they have are prohibitively expensive.

I hope things will eventually go back to normal again.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I smoke between 5 and 10 cigars per year, generally in the warmer months. Found a couple pics from last summer where I picked up a handful of Macanudos for a trip up north. Since I'm just a filthy casual when it comes to cigars, Macanudos are my go-to because they're relatively inexpensive and I know that I like them, particularly those with a maduro wrap. Throughout the year, I also had a few stubby Arturo Fuentes which were decent, and a few Monte Cristos which came in a white plastic holder. I really enjoyed the MCs, but don't recall the exact type they were, and sadly didn't take a photo.
Nice house you've got there!

I chain smoked for years, but never got into cigars, too rough on the throat. People used to tell me not to inhale, but what's the point then?

Do the cigar smokers in here inhale?
Cigar smoke is highly alkaline so generally not a good idea to inhale it which is probably the turn off for me because if I can't inhale it what's the point? I never quite figured that one out.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I can only find the Partagas No. 6 here, no No. 4 which is a shame at least I’ve found a store that only sells stuff from the legit distributor

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That's why I'm going for Dominicans, Nicaraguans, Hondurans and local stuff at the moment and satisfy my Cuban cravings with the ones I have left every once in a while, current prices are just too high for me. It's not that premium cigars of other regions would be cheap but the price range is much wider and lets you find decent stuff for less.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Yes Tak some Nicaraguans and Dominicans are awesome, that’s a great tip you gave to us, diversify your portfolio

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
It is said that when Field Marshall Viscount Montgomery told Winston Churchill, 'I neither drink nor smoke and am a hundred per cent fit', Churchill famously replied 'I drink and smoke and I am two hundred per cent fit'

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Hmm, 2 pages in and no Monica Lewinsky joke(s)? Sad…sad…sad

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hmm, 2 pages in and no Monica Lewinsky joke(s)? Sad…sad…sad
She's some speaker now or something about victims of sexual abuse. Whatever. God bless America. Fucking incredible she can do that without zero consequences from the government. America truly is the best country in the world. 20 some years old and sucks a president's dick, 20 years later says she was too young and there was a power imbalance. Yeesh. Any other country would've disappeared her and that woulda been that. Again, be thankful for what you got.