Chocolate question for Brits in the USA.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Mint + Chocolate is evil. Fucking Mint Aeros are nasty as shit.

I only like two mint deserts/candies...Junior mints and Wint-o-green Life Savers (which I happen to adore those two for some reason). That's it. I despise most mint anything...especially mint ice cream, which my wife loves.

DeusVult

Another Striker
peanut butter kitkats are my favourite, had to limit myself to 2 a week as i was eating alot of them.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It's true, in America there's a wide offer with pinnacles for quality and selection, like Dean&DeLuca.
But talking about the average quality products, which is what most of the people can afford and can find at local markets, well, probably it's not the best place on earth.

Base level products...yeah...American food is some shit. Mostly because it is so heavily processed and is often just some corn/corn product mixed with artificial flavors and other horrible chemicals. The US system of corn abuse is out of control...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I could sure go for a whatchamacallit right about now...

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
As far as high street run-of-the-mill chocolate bars go, UK chocolate is vastly superior to what's available in the US despite the greater variety of chocolate bars in the US to the UK.

However, US fast food is waaaaay better than the UK. I'm not a fast food junkie by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd take US fast food over the UK equivalent any day of the week, especially if we were discussing McDonald's in particular.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Loved the Mint Starbucks Frappucino. Too bad that only comes once in a blue moon.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
peanut butter kitkats are my favourite, had to limit myself to 2 a week as i was eating alot of them.

The chunky version is like heaven on Earth.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If Hershey closed down today,it would restore chocolate's good name.
BB

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I tried a Hershey chocolate bar last year. They sell them in Asda (Walmart) and quite frankly if that is chocolate then I'd rather eat dog shit. No wonder Kraft bought Cadburys in 2010.

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Kinder Products are the best. Nutella baby.

From Pittsburgh, birth place of Heinz and I prefer the British green label Heinz Baked beans over the USA version.
My brother in law is from wales and brings me HP Guinness sauce. Its the best

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I like a Hershey's bar.

Now I want to know what I'm missing out on.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im not a big fan of chocolate but always thought they tasted pretty darn good here in the US. Rolo's, Twix, Kit Kat, Peanut M&Ms i grew up eating as a kid. Lindtz truffles & Hawaiian Host Macadamia chocolates is the one my baby mama likes to eat & they are pretty tasty too. Im going to search for one of these Wanker Chocolates to see what's all the fuss about.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
A big reason why most mass produced chocolate as well as other candies in the US taste like crap is because there is very little regulation with regards to the ingredients used in their production. Fillers, preservatives, emulsifiers, that have been all banned in Europe are deemed "perfectly safe" by the FDA here (blame the food lobbies). So not only does it taste like crap, it will kill you too. I only buy European chocolates, or stuff from specialty shops made by hand. Try to find chocolate here without hydrogenated oils with chocolate flavoring (ex crappy Easter candy made by Palmer), PGPR (emulsifier), etc...

Don't get me started on MSG and all the other crap they put in our food here. :(

Edit: And we wonder why obesity is so rampant.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All I know is all american chocolate>UK's rose flavored chocolate. That shit is horrid. All the other candies from the UK were awesome though. I used to love the Nestle Aero and then Hershey released a copy here in the US.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
British KitKats are awesome btw. I get them at a specialty store (Original and Mint flavors). Guess what.. the ingredients are real and not filled with shit like the American ones. No wonder they taste better.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Im not a big fan of chocolate but always thought they tasted pretty darn good here in the US. Rolo's, Twix, Kit Kat, Peanut M&Ms i grew up eating as a kid. Lindtz truffles & Hawaiian Host Macadamia chocolates is the one my baby mama likes to eat & they are pretty tasty too. Im going to search for one of these Wanker Chocolates to see what's all the fuss about.

Never tried Wanker Chocolates but I heard they have a creamy white filling.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I only like two mint deserts/candies...Junior mints and Wint-o-green Life Savers (which I happen to adore those two for some reason). That's it. I despise most mint anything...especially mint ice cream, which my wife loves.

If you like Jr Mints you should try After Eight Thin Mints. I used to think Jr Mints where the best until I tried After Eight....now I won't touch Jr Mints. I guess more proof that UK confections>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>USA shit

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hawaiian Host Macadamia chocolates is the one my baby mama likes to eat & they are pretty tasty too

That's the brand I prefer as well. That's why I always pray that no one gives them to me for xmas, I end up eating that stuff all by myself. The other brands I can leave in storage for years, meh.