Children of Mana DS!!!

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Anyone else pick this up? I dig it, hack'n slash in the vein of Diablo. Not sure how great it would be if my friends didn't pick it up as well though, it doesn't have much value outside of the multiplayer aspect, then again I doubt it was really meant too. My only true complaint is that you can't trade items with friends.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I picked it up last week and have already played it a little! It is very very fun from what I have played. I imagine I will be playing this a lot over Winter Break. ;)

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
It got low reviews across the board. I didnt pick it up because of this.

Anybody willing to do a mini review?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I played the Japanese version and just picked up the USA version. If you like hack and slash games, you will like it. It can be repetitive but I have really been enjoying it. If you like to find things/level up, this is a good game.

Also...if you have some local friends, up to four people can play together. Although the story only moves along for the host, all players keep what they find. You can of course take turns being the host as well.

Great graphics and it plays very well. I think it is a 8/10.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
wizkid007 said:
It got low reviews across the board. I didnt pick it up because of this.

Anybody willing to do a mini review?

Yeah, don't buy it.

The story is ass, and the game is repetitive as hell. All the dungeons seem the same, and you keep getting these side quests to go back to the same dull dungeons.

The combat system is supposed to be interesting because you can carry two weapons at once, but combat itself mainly consits of hitting A repeatedly for eternity. You can get more fancy than that but there really isn't much point bothering.

On the plus side, the visuals are nice and so is the music.

I didn't play multiplayer. I guess it could be a laugh in the short-term, but at the end of the day it is still the same tedious combat in the same tedious dungeons against the same tedious enemies.

I sold it before completing it, which is very rare for me. In other words, I walked out of the movie before it was over.

H

hermegildo

I was really looking forward to this game.

Then I started reading reviews of it and completely lost interest.

Port of Seiken Densetsu 3 plz.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Thx for the input guys. I still may pick it up if im feeling feisty however I have a few games im playing at the moment anyways.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
hermegildo said:
Port of Seiken Densetsu 3 plz.

Yes, that would help to clear it as I bought it back when it was released and got to the last boss. The battle lasted 1h30, I used every item I got and everybody ran out of potion, game over. I was like crazy. I got through the entire game whereas I was 13 whereas I didn't understand a word in the damn game and the last boss appeared as unbeatable to me.

Anyway, I bought Children of Mana after reading several reviews to be totally aware of what kind of game I was about to buy.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I preordered this and have been waiting for delivery for 2 weeks now....i just realised today i still had my old address on the website so its been lost forever!

Gotta order it again! :(