Chick-fil-A

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
1343841670-lgbt_chick-fil-gay_chick-fil-gay-eat-more-cock_design.png

I'll just get the home style chicken sandwich at McDonald's and add pickles if I crave it that bad.

I used to like going there with my ex when we had one on campus at university.

Oh well, fuck it, not healthy anyways. I hope they go out of business.

Last edited:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
The food is overrated. There's one close by, but I've been there 3 times tops in the past 2 years and it's just NOT* worth it.
Wendy's spicy chicken sammich > CFA spicy chicken sammich.

---edit---

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
Phew, this is a fairly stale news topic, isn't it?

With that said...

I just don't get why people think it's a good fast food joint. The first Chick-fil-A in MN opened while I was in law school at our student union. I tried it and it was... okay? Nothing that made me want to go back like Five Guys, In-N-Out or Pret A Manger. If I were in the South I'd more likely want to go to Waffle House and get souped-up hash browns --covered, chunked and possibily topped.

I get that it's in some sort of "culture war" because of the silly owner and people are taking sides (whatever, it's a free country), but when people start talking about having a difficult time boycotting the place over how wonderful irresistible the place is I just think :spock:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I wonder how many of the "I'm gonna eat there now to get at them gays" are closet cases. Supernaut is probably washing fresh cum down with their overrated lemonade.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I don't have one nearby anymore so it's not like I will have a problem giving it up. I really did used to enjoy their regular sandwich though, it's just so full of grease and that white meat is so juicy. I also liked the packaging compared to other places (that foil paper pouch). I always thought it was dumb how they are closed on Sundays. Just shows you how hell bent on Christian values they actually are. So strange.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I was told that Chick-fil-a is 'The In-and-Out of chicken" so I got my hopes up when going there for the first time in Houston back in 07. It just doesn't taste good at all. A few recently opened up here in LA, and they're just as bad. I think people dig them cause of all the damn sauces they offer. I never cared for going back there after eating in one of the LA locations, it has/had nothing to do with the companies activities, the food is just terrible.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Phew, this is a fairly stale news topic, isn't it?

With that said...

I just don't get why people think it's a good fast food joint. The first Chick-fil-A in MN opened while I was in law school at our student union. I tried it and it was... okay? Nothing that made me want to go back like Five Guys, In-N-Out or Pret A Manger. If I were in the South I'd more likely want to go to Waffle House and get souped-up hash browns --covered, chunked and possibily topped.

I get that it's in some sort of "culture war" because of the silly owner and people are taking sides (whatever, it's a free country), but when people start talking about having a difficult time boycotting the place over how wonderful irresistible the place is I just think :spock:

It won't be difficult, but I will admit I'm a fast food junky. I'm pro LGBT rights so trust me I won't step inside one ever again. I am pissed off that I didn't know how anti gay they were sooner, and that I used to enjoy their product, which I will never get to enjoy again.

I agree it's stale, but I still felt like sharing my opinion.

I think it's pretty good so I won't hate on it. I also don't get all the posturing over the owner's opinion. Get over it..

Don't get me wrong, I probably eat there once or twice a year.. but it's as good as any fast food and better than a lot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The food is overrated. There's one close by, but I've been there 3 times tops in the past 2 years and it's just worth it.
Wendy's spicy chicken sammich > CFA spicy chicken sammich.

Chang's combo meal #6, an automatic member title here, is a reference to Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich meal. I used to get that all the time in Pittsburgh. Or #4, the bacon cheeseburger combo.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Even though the mayor of Boston politely told them to screw, I'm pretty sure Chick-fil-a locations will be popping up here eventually.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
What a shock that the chicken shack that closes on Sundays isn't keen on gays getting hitched. Duh. I never ate at one, the only times I've driven by them was on trips out of state and both times happened to be on a Sunday so even if I wanted to I couldn't eat there. I remember before all this bullshit started the local paper here on Long Island was contemplating bringing in the franchise but people rejected it since they are closed Sundays. I liked all of the pictures that came out of it. My favorite one had a picture of a bunch of people waiting on line and on the bottom another picture during all the race wars with the hillbillies holding up their "Whites Only" signs and the caption on the bottom was "Imagine how stupid you are going to look in 40 years" and then people asking how much of the food went to the needy and hungry.

Chang's combo meal #6, an automatic member title here, is a reference to Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich meal. I used to get that all the time in Pittsburgh. Or #4, the bacon cheeseburger combo.

I can't believe everyone seems to have Wendy's. All of them went belly-up around here quite some time ago.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The closest Chic Fil A to me is also in the same shopping center as a Wal-Mart.

I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
This is heading in the direction of best fast food evvvarrrrr.

My favorite fast food (although, I'd say Five Guys offers the best burger anywhere, not just fast food categorized).

Here's what I get @ Five Guys:

Double Bacon Cheese Burger

with - Lettuce, Tomatoes, Mayo

on the side - Raw Onions, Pickles

Cajun fries, douse in Malt Vinegar, then dip in Ketchup

= Sex in your mouth

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Don't really see how this is a revelation. They've always been known as a religiously founded company (hello, not open Sundays). The fact the owner is for "traditional" marriage only should be expected, not a surprise.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You eat there when you're gun shopping?

Most Wal-Marts in CA don't sell firearms. Many don't even stock ammo.

The good Wal-Marts sell Colt SP6920 "M4 Carbines."

I'd buy a Colt from Wal-Mart.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
There aren't any around here, so I've never tried it.

I wish we had Hardees though. :(

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
For whatever reason this thread made me remember that there are like 2 or 3 Star Trek board games I want to buy. Fucking weird.

Most Wal-Marts in CA don't sell firearms. Many don't even stock ammo.

The good Wal-Marts sell Colt SP6920 "M4 Carbines."

I'd buy a Colt from Wal-Mart.

That's interesting, I've never been in a Wal-Mart that didn't sell guns.

Anyways, the Chick-Fil-A around here is in a super nice place and close to an upscale shopping center. Then again, I live in the Bible Belt. And my judgement in fast food probably isn't the greatest. I'm allergic to everything so I tend to favor any restaurant that doesn't jack up my order 50% of the time.

aria

Former Moderator
I was told that Chick-fil-a is 'The In-and-Out of chicken" so I got my hopes up when going there for the first time in Houston back in 07. It just doesn't taste good at all. A few recently opened up here in LA, and they're just as bad. I think people dig them cause of all the damn sauces they offer. I never cared for going back there after eating in one of the LA locations, it has/had nothing to do with the companies activities, the food is just terrible.

Seriously, you can't bring that weak shit into the LA area. Everything from McDonalds to In-N-Out was born there. Take that lame chicken and get out the way of tasty cheap food that's almost everywhere. The current food truck movement was born in LA thanks to that guy who figured out that Korean ingredients and tacos were a match made in heaven. Thank heavens Arby's could only maintain like one location in LA. It was similarly awful but manages to be everywhere in the midwest. Yuck.

I wish we had Hardees though. :(

Carl's Jr is better :emb: :chimp:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Wish I had the choice of stuffing my fat face with shitfood from more than two places (McD and BK).