Characters they need to make for KOF

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
naw. we'll throw out all the japanese folks and call it kkof.

but honestly, i'd like to see hinako come back.
the novelty of beating someone with a sumo school girl is great.
it's just too bad they didn't make her as solid as she could have been in 2000
and then continued to make her suck even more as they did with all the grapplers
in the later KOFs.
Actually Oochi Yashiro is a great Grappler in '02, and reg. Shermie is nice and beffy as well, plus some of her grabs were intact, also I like her bodytoss/flashingpantys move.

I'm a grappler as well, and I love how tizoc was place in KOF although I don't agrred with the half circle instead of a 360, but you can't please everyone I guess.

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
I'd say if they eliminate those idiot characters with unknown solo styles and add some real fighting styles to the game it would be a great idea. Yes that means killing all that Ash clan and stuff and well don't jump at me maybe even ... Iori and Kyo and K' and Beni and that childish Shingo and add some of these guys. A veteran wrestler, a complete team of ninjas, a complete team of Kung Fu team (the psycho team is not Kung Fu, it is the disgrace of Kung Fu, eliminate them and add new), aikido and hopkido teams. The karate team should be edited to allow other styles of karate too like shotokan. The Korean team should also include some jeet kune doe guys instead of all those tae kwan dians. Then the army guys' style should be made more practical. A serious sumo wrestler should also be included (see what capcom did with E. Honda and what neo-geo did with poor Hinako). A complete judo team should also be included. And finally the boss should be a master of the assasin's fist combinded with deadly techniques of ancient fighting.
yes I know the game would be too unfamiliar at first but at least people would get something better to play!

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
Jin brothers would be nice also, though they are low tier in NGBC.

Wouldn't hold my breath on seeing the Jin brothers in a KOF MI game if they didn't even make it into the port of KOF IX.

If B. Jenet is going by anything, Hotaru's got a spot already reserved, though... :oh_no:

electricgrave said:
Ooooh jeff! C'mon man really? 3 Korean Teams? I think one is too many!

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

SNK and Namco have ran TKD into the ground. I'd really like to see less of this style personally. Sick of Kim and his spammable d+kick move in the air anyways.

lone_REBEL said:
A serious sumo wrestler should also be included (see what capcom did with E. Honda and what neo-geo did with poor Hinako).

Hinako's the only sumo wrestling character I like, let alone actually play. Always hated that fatass with the cheapass slap move that seldomly left him open when blocked.

KOF's fine as is, for the most part. I'd rather have a fighter where the characters have some character in them rather than a fighter with a bunch of boring characters that utilized real styles of fighting.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Actually Oochi Yashiro is a great Grappler in '02, and reg. Shermie is nice and beffy as well, plus some of her grabs were intact, also I like her bodytoss/flashingpantys move.

I'm a grappler as well, and I love how tizoc was place in KOF although I don't agrred with the half circle instead of a 360, but you can't please everyone I guess.

i agree on the 360, but it was nice to be able to combo it.
i never liked playing as o yash, but i always thought of playing as the orochi
versions as cheating. although i never have reservations about playing
people who use them. and i never really used shermie as much as i did in 98 when
02 rolled around.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
i agree on the 360, but it was nice to be able to combo it.
i never liked playing as o yash, but i always thought of playing as the orochi
versions as cheating. although i never have reservations about playing
people who use them. and i never really used shermie as much as i did in 98 when
02 rolled around.
You're such a boyscout...cheating is maquiavelicall...it can be fun! In all seriousness I don't feel that O Yashiro is that overpowered except for '97...well he was a bastard then, but he's down with the peons now when it comes to tiers.

Yeah the combo does make sense, but I dunno, I just don't feel as effective specially in XI.

rarehero

20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
You're such a boyscout...cheating is maquiavelicall...it can be fun! In all seriousness I don't feel that O Yashiro is that overpowered except for '97...well he was a bastard then, but he's down with the peons now when it comes to tiers.

Yeah the combo does make sense, but I dunno, I just don't feel as effective specially in XI.

i've never had a problem comboing 360's in sfa with zangeif.
talk about damage beyond recognition.
i always was a little dissapointed you couldn't combo tizoc's
360 in motws. but hey. that's life i guess.
and to be honest i've always liked playing with regular yash more than o yash.
more fun to combo. how i typically see o yash played often times is just going
back and forth trying to catch the other guy in a grab. which is okay
since he has some long range with his regulars but never really interested
me as much as the other grapplers.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
i've never had a problem comboing 360's in sfa with zangeif.
talk about damage beyond recognition.
i always was a little dissapointed you couldn't combo tizoc's
360 in motws. but hey. that's life i guess.
and to be honest i've always liked playing with regular yash more than o yash.
more fun to combo. how i typically see o yash played often times is just going
back and forth trying to catch the other guy in a grab. which is okay
since he has some long range with his regulars but never really interested
me as much as the other grapplers.
Yeah Zangief is awsome in SSF2T, I'm not sure about alpha series though, however I have to say that Hugo in SVC is difficult to play with, but not impossibe to be lethal though.

rarehero

20 Year Member
well it's a sin super comboing zangiefs level 3 spinning pile driver in sfa3.
it's in the 75%-80% damage range.
i kind of always stayed away from hugo in svc. for some reason he just
seemed like too big a target in that game.
one person i'm kinda embarrassed to not really get too know how to play
to well though is alex. he's very offensive combined with some good grabs.
which always kind of never clicked with my playing style. but probably because
some of his best moves are charge moves, and i've never been too good with
charge folks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
well it's a sin super comboing zangiefs level 3 spinning pile driver in sfa3.
it's in the 75%-80% damage range.
i kind of always stayed away from hugo in svc. for some reason he just
seemed like too big a target in that game.
one person i'm kinda embarrassed to not really get too know how to play
to well though is alex. he's very offensive combined with some good grabs.
which always kind of never clicked with my playing style. but probably because
some of his best moves are charge moves, and i've never been too good with
charge folks.
Alex is defenately a great character, like you said his best asset is the flexibility of keeping folks at distance thanks to his charge moves, at midrange thanks to his long pokes and his middle jumping grabs, and up close thanks to his punishing grabs, he is so full of everything, but not everyone is good with him even with all that arsenal of moves, I'm better with Hugo, but I can defend myself ok with Alex, a superb character.

That reminds me another similar character believe it or not is muscle power from world heroes series, he has charge moves, mid range kick moves, and close range devastating grabs, I can ace WHP with him, a superb character, and I wouldn't mind if he was brought to the KOF realm, to duke it out with Tizoc.

I mean NGBC brought some guys from the series right? so why not...

Edit: Alex also has a reversal or alternate throw comboed after that slash move with fierce where it turns the charcater's back to face you for a small fraction of a second, but it can be connected to a alternate grabs or alternate super, awsome combination indeed.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ivan Sokolov and Jacques Ducalis need to be made.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Alex is defenately a great character, like you said his best asset is the flexibility of keeping folks at distance thanks to his charge moves, at midrange thanks to his long pokes and his middle jumping grabs, and up close thanks to his punishing grabs, he is so full of everything, but not everyone is good with him even with all that arsenal of moves, I'm better with Hugo, but I can defend myself ok with Alex, a superb character.

That reminds me another similar character believe it or not is muscle power from world heroes series, he has charge moves, mid range kick moves, and close range devastating grabs, I can ace WHP with him, a superb character, and I wouldn't mind if he was brought to the KOF realm, to duke it out with Tizoc.

I mean NGBC brought some guys from the series right? so why not...

Edit: Alex also has a reversal or alternate throw comboed after that slash move with fierce where it turns the charcater's back to face you for a small fraction of a second, but it can be connected to a alternate grabs or alternate super, awsome combination indeed.

LoL...you can only try to defend yourself when I play as Alex. Never seen you get angry at a game till that night. That was like almost 20 wins in a row for me ....right?!?:tickled:

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
Eh and what about creating a Capoeria character with Brazilian martial arts? (like eddy in Tekken series)
Perhaps they should also include some Kabaddi and Kalari fighters? (fighting styles of the subcontinent)
Also a bexer would do fine (I know venessa but do you really think she is a boxer? I just think she's sinking the name of boxing lol)
Plus a good wrestler. (Now now don't say we got Tizoc, I mean a real wrestler, like King of Tekken series)
And maybe a CQB expert. They can make him the boss.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I vote for Team Waku Waku 7

Slash

Rai

and Politank Z:

WakuWaku7_LoadingScreen.png

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
lone_REBEL said:
Eh and what about creating a Capoeria character with Brazilian martial arts? (like eddy in Tekken series)
Perhaps they should also include some Kabaddi and Kalari fighters? (fighting styles of the subcontinent)
Also a bexer would do fine (I know venessa but do you really think she is a boxer? I just think she's sinking the name of boxing lol)
Plus a good wrestler. (Now now don't say we got Tizoc, I mean a real wrestler, like King of Tekken series)

Why has Bob Wilson never been added to the KOF roster?

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
lone_REBEL said:

Am I the only one sick of boxers?!

How about some styles of fighting that haven't been ran into the ground.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DecepticonZero said:
LoL...you can only try to defend yourself when I play as Alex. Never seen you get angry at a game till that night. That was like almost 20 wins in a row for me ....right?!?:tickled:
Hmmmn...let's not forget who won the tournament without loosing any rounds? A fluke is a fluke and life goes on, but true power and greatness resides in the strides of my swift grabs!:emb:

Edit: Those were the days...:)

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
YeldellGW said:
Am I the only one sick of boxers?!

How about some styles of fighting that haven't been ran into the ground.

I join you in that, but what can we do after all? If they have to put some such idiot, at least give him some character, something to remember him. The boxer they had in 94 and 98 was way more realistic than that stupid Venessa.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
You seem to have misunderstood me. I hate all boxers, period! Annoying bastards, every last one of them.

Easily a style of fighting I'd like to see less of.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Heavy D is badass, Vanessa is awsome as well, and boxers are cool, but to each it's own.

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
electricgrave said:
Heavy D is badass, Vanessa is awsome as well, and boxers are cool, but to each it's own.

Now now! Vanessa has only one awesome thing; her ass and her boobs. Nothing else. Who has seen boxers with such sticky physique? And which boxer stands in such stupid stance and does so silly punches. Not to mention the stupid "yippee" and "bodee bodee bodee" and "last minute!" yells. She's damn hilarious!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
lone_REBEL said:
Now now! Vanessa has only one awesome thing; her ass and her boobs. Nothing else. Who has seen boxers with such sticky physique? And which boxer stands in such stupid stance and does so silly punches. Not to mention the stupid "yippee" and "bodee bodee bodee" and "last minute!" yells. She's damn hilarious!

She's a puncher not a boxer.