CEX now banning neo players!

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
I had a couple of pms now from people telling me that CEX have banned them since the previous thread about them was discovered by employees.

Look on the bright side gus, at least you'll never have to look at a jpn samurai 3 for 160 pounds ever again!

It amuses me that not only are their neo prices screwed to an extent where its laughable, but now their stopping people from attemptingtobuy them!

The way I see it, its nice to know we made a difference. Any one agree?

BTW, I think that guy who made that long winded, badly spelled and not to funny post was Mark from one of the outer london branches, who has left a while ago. Dedication to tramps mate, very commendable.

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: kyo geo ]</small>

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Oh cool!! It's nice to know that we made some impact...

I sorta don't hold much hope for my game now but it's been fun calling them names.

Well, I think I'll be a lot more careful in future about who I trade with.

Sorry, some of you guys got banned... I sort of feel a bit responsible...

xROTx:-( :o

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
You did them a favour rot me ol' mucka, were a close community and everything can be obtained from other members, the neo store or ebay,so who needs them anyway.

I would like to thank CEX for introducing me to ebay. Cheers guys!

BTW. the quality of retro, from its stand alone store to the washed out grotty dungeon it has become kinda shows whats going on eh? Give it a few more years and it will be CEX DVD instead of CEX retro.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Seriously, it's good we have the internet. We can trade amongst ourselves and run tricksters like this out of business. It's not just cloudy UK, this problem is rampant all over the world.

More game stores should do the stupid thing and ban customers with money. This way, they will run out of business entrely. Good for all.

Video game retailers need to smarten up a bunch.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Kinda sounds like they are cutting off ther nose to spite their face (yea, I know its a cliche but it think it fits here), rather than - y'know - trying to improve their service to prove you all wrong.

Ahh well, at least we have VGI to provide for our retro gaming needs.....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
kyo geo:
You did them a favour rot me ol' mucka, were a close community and everything can be obtained from other members, the neo store or ebay,so who needs them anyway.

I would like to thank CEX for introducing me to ebay. Cheers guys!

BTW. the quality of retro, from its stand alone store to the washed out grotty dungeon it has become kinda shows whats going on eh? Give it a few more years and it will be CEX DVD instead of CEX retro.
Yey, I've noticed that myself. A lot of my old haunts are now selling DVD films instead of games. I suppose very soon now you'll only be able to find retro stuff in one or two stores and the obvious web sites like ebay, neo-geo.com and stuff.

I've made some REALLY nice people on the forum and on ebay. Most of the time they don't even try to sell me anything.... is that legal?

I'm glad that words got round to CEX about how poor they truly are... I've got a 10 year plan to pay off my mortgage and open a Retro Gaming shop... "Retro Shopping from people who CARE!!!!"...

It's one of my goals to open my own gaming shop and do something I enjoy.... DREAMS eh!! If only!!....

xROTx:-) multi_co multi_co multi_co

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Its more feasable than you realise. What keeps stores like raven and vgi going is there excellent mailorder service, something CEX doesvery badly, your experience will serve to let you and others know this.

Good man!

aria

Former Moderator
Man, these guys sound like losers.

Hey, kyo geo, could you stard a basic thread: "CEX and why is sucks: a Primer for Beginners"

The previous threads on this group have been more for people already familiar, but with all the hoopla I think others are curious and would appreciate it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Bobak:
Man, these guys sound like losers.

Hey, kyo geo, could you stard a basic thread: "CEX and why is sucks: a Primer for Beginners"

The previous threads on this group have been more for people already familiar, but with all the hoopla I think others are curious and would appreciate it.
Jolly fine idea... sign me up.

xROTx:-) multi_co multi_co multi_co

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Consider it done, with a bit of luck it will join the ranks of the NGF bible. Do you know what would be nice? If everyone who has had a bad experience with cex posted their membership number to say they dont care if they get banned or not for informing others of their mistfortunes or bad experiences withthis 'company'.

TO EVERYONE- you dont need them and they dont respect your custom. Your just a number to them, thats all. Any friendly service or chit chat you may have got from them was undoubtedly followed upwith backstabbing or insults the minute your back is turned. They have no future where neo and other retro consoles are concerned, so look for your goods elswhere, sit back and wait for the invitable to happen.

Check out the thread!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Off to work at parents now... doh!!

Will be back to look at your thread kyo matey.

xROTx:-) :cool:

M

mr.nippy

Screw them assholes at CEX...all of them!

How the hell can they bar anyone for long? The same staff thats there now won't be there in six months!

Oh yeah, and those dumbfucks in retro are in for a little surprise.....when it becomes the new dvd store! hahahahahaaaaaa ...just see what happens if you dont believe me! Not long left now!

Bunch of pricks, my girlfriend won't let me go there again........mostly to sell my broken games and shit! loco

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
what's the big deal? if it's so shit why bother talking about them , and why would you care if they banned you, when you wouldn't want to go in the first place? i haven't been in them for over a year now.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
LMAO, nice score lads..........

First CEX.......

Then hopefully the rest will fal aaaahahaqha

Long live VGI buttrock

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
they banned me but im gonna report them to snk for selling a bootleg bomber man dumb bastards and kyo geo what is your house no. pm me it cause your phone aint working

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Aint been banned yet... then again I've never set in a CEX shop. All my experience is of endless phone calls and broken promises.

I must say again that whenI open my great retro gaming shop you'll ALL be treated like real human beings.

Well, off to bed now folks. the little woman's waiting. see ya soon... this is so DAMN addictive!!!

xROTx:-)

PS. Does anyone know who "cunninglyplague.. whatisface was? I was just about to invite him to Manchester for a little conversation....

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Plisken:
what's the big deal? if it's so shit why bother talking about them , and why would you care if they banned you, when you wouldn't want to go in the first place? i haven't been in them for over a year now.
True i am never going thier ever agian anyway,they suck way to bad.Anyways still cool it made a impact,cheers to Kyo Geo and neo*geo for opening this can of worms.

@neo*geo,good luck telling them about that Neo Bomberman bootleg

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
How do they ban Neogeo players?

Do they have a shelf of AES games set up as "bait"...?

Oooh! Neogeo games!!

GOT YA!! Filthy neogeo players, get out of my store!!!

L

Lo Pan

This thread has no real purpose apart from letting people bitch about cex.
Well while im here i have never had a problem with cex apart from when there was some arse in retro called mark, he paraded around doing his shit robotic dancing and was very rude.

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Lo Pan:
This thread has no real purpose apart from letting people bitch about cex.
Well while im here i have never had a problem with cex apart from when there was some arse in retro called mark, he paraded around doing his shit robotic dancing and was very rude.
Hmmmmm.....registered in august 2003.....another cexstaff member hiding behind abuse....and for what?

I keep telling you all, its not an attack on individuals, rather the company itself. If youre so sure that CEX looks after you well and doesnt take the piss out of you with its 4.50 an hour salary, then fine.

As for my robotic dancing, well i actually dance part time at a night club on saturdays now. Thats how 'shit' my body popping/ robotics are.

Maybe youll challenge me on the dance floor sometime?

M

mr.nippy

ajk1080:
What the hell is cex??? (I'm a n00b!! sorry)
Basically what cex is..........

The first ever well-known second-hand games shop located in the heart of the west end in London UK.

Unfortunately, for us UK Neo-Geo owners this is one of the ONLY places in the country to look at or buy anything like Neo-Geo etc. Most of us here only ever set foot in there to mock their ridiculous pricing, or sell off our broken games for a bit of cash on the way to do better things in the west end.

The reason why CEX sucks is:

They buy in loads of nice games and systems from people under the pretence it will be worth their while. When they get to the shop the staff suddenly change their manner and rudely offer a pittance, whilst making sure the whole transaction takes as long as humanly possible (pretending to be reading the price from a monitor beneath the counter)so as to prolong the agony (meaning that the seller wont have time to go to an alternative store for a better price).

Once the goods are bought in the staff split all the good games amongst themselves, and toss the shit ones in a glass cabinet. This goes on for a month or so untill the glass cabinets are all full (so that the seller believes that their goods aren't worth much beacause the shop is full of similar items). Next, the staff hide all the excess stock in a back room, leave only 1 of anything out on show, and give the impression that such items are now hard to come by, thus marking up the item by ten-fold.

Last but not least, they scour the country to find anyone with an attitude problem, preferebly people that despise the general public and suffer from really bad b.o. let them loose for a few months in the shop to apply dust and dirt and grime to all of the stock, play KOF 98 on a beat-up AES machine out of customer's reach, drool over anything female, and play really shit music as loud as possible. loco

D

daback-daboot

kyo geo:
I had a couple of pms now from people telling me that CEX have banned them since the previous thread about them was discovered by employees.
How can I get banned? I've never been out of the US and I think it would be kill to be on the 86 list for a foreign store. Just let me know and Im on it!!
multi_co
_ lol _

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Ruin them.

There are already too many fucktards around.
Those stores are a shame.

unfortunatelly, there are shitloads of these in London. They abuse always on those damn fucking Neo Geo games. Suckers. :mad: