Castlevania SotN Saturn ultimate translation/hack completed.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
The Playstation version is obviously better. Anybody trying to say otherwise is goobing hard for no reason.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
The Playstation version is obviously better. Anybody trying to say otherwise is goobing hard for no reason.
I bought the Saturn version on release - felt sooooooo cool.. then played the PlayStation version again and wanted to die. I'm going to try this out on MiSTer because I'm a glutton for punishment, but damn... how upsetting was all the shitty load time, terrible effects, the new areas didn't even feel that great. Oh well - will try it at least.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
You'll never get server access if you're still wasting your time with his videos.
Can't you get your hateboner in the recent purchases thread anymore?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The Saturn transparency issues are mostly due to the Saturn having two video chips, VDP1 and VDP2, that layer on top of one another similar to a Genesis and 32X. One VDP can't do transparency over the other VDP, but at least one of those chips has no problem whatsoever doing transparency over its own graphics.

There were plenty of ways to do it though if the developer put in the effort. The dev stations used for most games back in the day were horrendous though, so most devs just did what they could to put the games out.