Castlevania on Neo Geo,why not?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I always thought a Mega Man game would be perfect for the Neo, maybe we could get Kenji Inafune to make a kickstarter to develope a Mighty No. 9 for the Neo and Dreamcast. One can only dream.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
if they didnt get sued for making Turrican for Neo Geo, I dont see why they would get sued for making Castlevania.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
hey guys how come super mario brothers was never released for the neo geo?
It was released in Japan only, my uncle's friend who works at Nintendo of Japan told me that and Mario has a sword power-up in this one. True story

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
if they didnt get sued for making Turrican for Neo Geo, I dont see why they would get sued for making Castlevania.
Gun-Lord was not a port of Turrican, OP was asking about a port of Rondo of Blood, big difference.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Long games such as castlevania wouldn't fit very well on arcade platforms. It's probably a good thing the Neo is no longer a dedicated arcade platform and the possibility exists to diversify outside of close minded parameters now.

Fixed...

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Also you can't forget that Haunted Castle was originally an arcade title and that's where CV had its roots.

*stares wistfully at the $600 PCBs that pop up on ebay from time to time*

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
This thread is pathetic. Don't you know your Neo history, guys?

Obviously not.

Ah well.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I always thought a Mega Man game would be perfect for the Neo, maybe we could get Kenji Inafune to make a kickstarter to develope a Mighty No. 9 for the Neo and Dreamcast. One can only dream.

he'd probably do it, the dude is awesome from what I've heard, fans have been asking if he'll do a Mega Man Legends style Mighty no. 9 game after the side scroller comes out and his response has basically been "sure why not?"

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
With enough persuasion, it's not tpp far fetched that NCI and Le Cortex could cook something up with this. XD

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
With enough persuasion, it's not tpp far fetched that NCI and Le Cortex could cook something up with this. XD
Please god no, wish I never read that, the thought alone...

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Why was there never a disc based add-on for the Neo? I love Space Ace and Dragon's Lair so bring them to the Neo. For the OG Castlevania as with the disc add-on we could have Symphony of the Night instead. Mario Kart only has 4 buttons as well...

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Why was there never a disc based add-on for the Neo? I love Space Ace and Dragon's Lair so bring them to the Neo. For the OG Castlevania as with the disc add-on we could have Symphony of the Night instead. Mario Kart only has 4 buttons as well...

That's because the dedicated cd console snk created sold beyond expectations and let them ride into the sunset.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
That's because the dedicated cd console snk created sold beyond expectations and let them ride into the sunset.

I don't want the console here, I'm talking full on plug in to the AES like the Sega CD and Super-CD Rom. Give us a 32x type thing as well so we could still be getting new carts to this day.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I don't want the console here, I'm talking full on plug in to the AES like the Sega CD and Super-CD Rom. Give us a 32x type thing as well so we could still be getting new carts to this day.

No....no...please no. I remember adding the Sega CD to my Genesis...then the 32X. The damn Genesis looked like it was on life support.