Castle of Shikigami III

J. Max

judas,
Why is Castle of Shikigami III so hard to find? I went to three or four different stores today and find it, and the Gamestop guy said that the closest copy was 3 states away. I realize I can order it online, but does it just have a low print run?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
J. Max said:
Why is Castle of Shikigami III so hard to find? I went to three or four different stores today and find it, and the Gamestop guy said that the closest copy was 3 states away. I realize I can order it online, but does it just have a low print run?

I've got a few copies here in town. If you need any help, drop me a line.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
J. Max said:

I gave up looking for it in a store, so I rented it through Gamefly and I will just end up buying it from them.

I have heard that GameCrazy and Frys have it in stock but I don't have either of those stores near me. Like you said, it is available online though.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Gameoz said:
I gave up looking for it in a store, so I rented it through Gamefly and I will just end up buying it from them.

I have heard that GameCrazy and Frys have it in stock but I don't have either of those stores near me. Like you said, it is available online though.

If you need any help as well, I'd be glad to pick up a copy. Though you'd have to pay for shipping so you might be better off getting online with free shipping.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
If you need any help as well, I'd be glad to pick up a copy. Though you'd have to pay for shipping so you might be better off getting online with free shipping.

Thanks.

I should have it today or Monday via Gamefly and I will just end up keeping it for the buy it price.

I looked for it at several retail stores before I finally just decided to rent it.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Snagged this last night. With as many characters as there are in this game, they introduce the inevitable; some characters really suck, and some are powerhouses.

The Game Crazy I went to got one copy, so chances are that the rest of 'em around here did as well. If you need help getting one, drop me a line and I'll grab one for you.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I got mine yesterday and it is a lot of fun.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
How is it compared to shiki 2? I thought 2 was pretty great.

Ajax

15 Year Member
My experience with Shikigami 2 is pretty limited. I only had it for a little while. So, take my opinion lightly.

Shikigami 3 is awesome. Difficulty is paced well. From the review in EGM, and them crying about how hard it was, I was expecting DOJ or something. It's not that hard. I didn't 1cc it or anything, but I got pretty far on one cred my first time playing it.

From my limited experience, I would say that 3 is on par with 2.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Were the japanese voice tracks kept in the american release, or did we get the normal craptacular english only voice tracks ?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Black IcE said:
Were the japanese voice tracks kept in the american release, or did we get the normal craptacular english only voice tracks ?

The latter.

Mine came from Amazon today. It's not amazing, but I dig the scoring system and there's enough variety in general to keep me playing.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Yeah, I'd say it's pretty similar to Shiki 2 as well in terms of both gameplay and atmosphere. It's got the exact same organic mecha sub-bosses and character bosses that 2 had, and the third stage is the same kind of indoor tunnel with shootable walls as Shiki 2's 3rd stage.

I think it might be a bit harder, 'cause I still can't clear Stage 4.1. I managed to clear all the stages in Shiki 2 much faster.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Yeah, it jumps up a notch on 4-1. All the stages leading up to it are pretty easy.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Cool. I'm gonna have to track down a copy eventually.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Do the graphics look better or worse than II?
Yeah, weird question, but every screenshot I've seen of the game has made it look so ugly, and not as smooth as II looked.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Looks way better than 2.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I have the 360 version.

I think it's one of the hardest "modern" shmups I've played in a while. It's taken me tons of practice in order to be able to get past the mid-boss in the 3rd level (on normal difficulty, without continues). Honestly, I find it harder than Ikaruga. I do enjoy the challenge though.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
This gives me another reason to look forward to getting a Wii in a week and a half (Come on payday).

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
califoreigner said:
fuck a wii. when is the 360 port coming stateside?

ditto

I'll buy a Japanese 360 before I'll buy a Wii, but I'd still prefer a domestic 360 release.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Bishamon said:
califoreigner said:
fuck a wii. when is the 360 port coming stateside?

ditto

I'll buy a Japanese 360 before I'll buy a Wii, but I'd still prefer a domestic 360 release.

According to AkSys Games, not any time soon.

Heavenscent said:
Unfortunately, the chances of the 360 version coming to the U.S. are zero to zilch for reasons beyond our control.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Emirio Stanbelk is my character for 8x action. All rapid fire and scrape.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Kiken said:
According to AkSys Games, not any time soon.

Sounds like Microsoft nixed it, as they seem to be increasingly hostile towards this kind of thing (as they nixed the XBLA versions of Ketsui and Ibara).

Wack.

I finally found this locally today, it's really fun and of course is the kind of thing there isn't bloody much of, let alone on the Wii. The manual and cover are sweet, the English voices are unfortunate but I'm happy whenever we get anything like this stateside.