Card Fighters Clash, Q&A

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Whats the difference between Capcom and SNK versions?

Last edited:

ray_7

Starting decks and some cards are exclusive to the SNK version, vice versa.

SNK character cards are easier to be found in the SNK version, vice versa.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
hey guys, so I just started playing this. Pretty cool game. My question is why when the cpu does a unite attack with 2 people, if I counter I sometimes block both attacks but sometimes even if I still have well enough bp to block the 2nd, the 2nd attack goes to my main character?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Xian Xi said:
hey guys, so I just started playing this. Pretty cool game. My question is why when the cpu does a unite attack with 2 people, if I counter I sometimes block both attacks but sometimes even if I still have well enough bp to block the 2nd, the 2nd attack goes to my main character?

That's called a unified attack. If the combined BP of the opponent is greater than that of your defending character, the difference will be assigned to the defending player.

There are only 2 characters that can defend against the attack and not have the defending player absorb the difference --- Makoto (SF3) from Capcom side and Shigen (LB) from SNK side.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:

It took me like 10 hours to figure this out when I first started playing. If you or the CPU do a unite attack (at 5 SP cost), then your characters will keep doing damage until they are dead, or have broken through the defense and taken some of the enemy's HP. Alternatively, you or the CPU can have two (or three) characters attack separately. I you choose to only defend one, then the other will take away your HP, while the first and your defender battle it out. You could block a 1000 BP guy with a 100 BP guy in this case and he would do no damage, only the other attacker would take away HP.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Any place to find hidden cards? I got the ones in the crane games and stuff.

Also if I lose a match and save will that restrict me from getting certain cards or does it matter if you have some losses?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Xian Xi said:
Any place to find hidden cards? I got the ones in the crane games and stuff.

Also if I lose a match and save will that restrict me from getting certain cards or does it matter if you have some losses?

No, zero punishment for losing. You can lose as many times as you'd like and still play on and get those rare cards, your record just looks, ahem, authentic :D

There are tons of funny little secrets you can find in the game. I recommend you just mess around with everything and talk with everyone for trades. I wish I had some of the Harumi Ikoma Neo Choopy Radio DJ CDs :(

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If you want to get all the cards, you'll need to link one snk version to one capcom version IIRC.

Shit, I can't wait until the DS version gets released. I've sunken so many precious hours of life into the pocket version.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Gamestop's release date for SvC:CC is October 2nd.

Preorder paid in full; the salivation has begun:drool_2:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Magician said:
Gamestop's release date for SvC:CC is October 2nd.

Preorder paid in full; the salivation has begun:drool_2:

Too long to wait!!!!:multi_co:

Vectorman0 said:
It took me like 10 hours to figure this out when I first started playing. If you or the CPU do a unite attack (at 5 SP cost), then your characters will keep doing damage until they are dead, or have broken through the defense and taken some of the enemy's HP. Alternatively, you or the CPU can have two (or three) characters attack separately. I you choose to only defend one, then the other will take away your HP, while the first and your defender battle it out. You could block a 1000 BP guy with a 100 BP guy in this case and he would do no damage, only the other attacker would take away HP.

10 hours? Isn't this clearly stated in the manual?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
sega-trader said:
10 hours? Isn't this clearly stated in the manual?

Most likely, but I don't know anyone who would waste time with that when there is a game so great to be played.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I was just comming onto the site to chat about CFC and what is this... release date on SvC:CC.... is this a DS game? I'm about to shit my pants if you say yes.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Mayhem said:
I checked on the site myself and it said 1st November for me...

EBgames has it listed as Nov. 1 as well. I thought it would be delayed, so this is great news!

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
And now that I'm at home and not on the crappy computers at work it's confirmed... I shit my pants.