Car Enthusiast Thread

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
chrishicks said:
do they have the Charger Daytona or the Plymouth Superbee? the Daytona is a car that commands some insane amounts of $ to buy now. that would be a cool car to own.

my dad owns a 67 Charger that is in need of a restoration(needs some bodywork and the hardest thing ever to find - the rear taillight). he bought it new in 67. it was one of those factory screw up cars. it had 383 badges and was being sold as such but actually had a 440 under the hood. it makes for a nice stock sleeper car. :)
nah if they had the charger daytona i don't think they'd be letting that winged beast outside. the proper name for it is the charger 440 R/T but i like the superbee better as it sounds cooler even though you're right plymouth made that ride. but they look the damn same except a few differences in the grill and fenders.

chrishicks

Quiz Detective
Kim _Kaphwan said:
nah if they had the charger daytona i don't think they'd be letting that winged beast outside. the proper name for it is the charger 440 R/T but i like the superbee better as it sounds cooler even though you're right plymouth made that ride. but they look the damn same except a few differences in the grill and fenders.

oops. you know, when I saw charger superbee I thought about the daytona/superbird not superbee. my bad. either way, both cars are damn nice and I would love to have either.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
nah what i think is impressive and scary at the same time is the house just a few blocks away from me with a charger superbee, a plymouth GTX, and an old duster they're working on restoring, and of course just outside of the garage is the dodge ram 1500 hemi quad cab. it's like mopar heaven there, kinda rediculous but at the same time pretty awesome.

The charger i think was a superbee but im not into older cars. it was valued at 65k
They also have an AMX, 2 El Dorados, A del soto (?), and a few other cars floating around. They're crazy

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
The charger i think was a superbee but im not into older cars. it was valued at 65k
They also have an AMX, 2 El Dorados, A del soto (?), and a few other cars floating around. They're crazy
de soto. it was a car company until the 60's or 70's. came along in the 20's made badass lookin rides in the 50's, then faded away.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
de soto. it was a car company until the 60's or 70's. came along in the 20's made badass lookin rides in the 50's, then faded away.
Thats the one

the 2k6 cars are slowly coming to the show rooms. I think this like 2k5 will be a promising year what with the new Eclipse and a few other things.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:

Not to nitpick, but the superbee deleted the hood hinges, had a lightweight hood, and deleted the hubcaps. The superbee also specified chrome lugnuts.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Not to nitpick, but the superbee deleted the hood hinges, had a lightweight hood, and deleted the hubcaps. The superbee also specified chrome lugnuts.
hahahaha well thanks for clarifying that. now since the other car thread can't seem to fathom the power of the ford mustang let's see what you fellas gotta say. what's your favorite mustang and why? and you can't all pick the GT500 (though someone can say the GT500 67 and someone can say the new 2007 GT500) for me though i think i just fel in love with the saleen cobra GT after a long love affair with the 5.0 GT and the cobra SVT. i just saw one today and literally melted. such an awesome car, and thanks to steve saleen a remarkably nimble car for something it's size.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
hahahaha well thanks for clarifying that. now since the other car thread can't seem to fathom the power of the ford mustang let's see what you fellas gotta say. what's your favorite mustang and why? and you can't all pick the GT500 (though someone can say the GT500 67 and someone can say the new 2007 GT500) for me though i think i just fel in love with the saleen cobra GT after a long love affair with the 5.0 GT and the cobra SVT. i just saw one today and literally melted. such an awesome car, and thanks to steve saleen a remarkably nimble car for something it's size.

GT500 is nice, but I think I'd much rather have a '71 mach1 cobra jet if you're talking vintage mustrng. For modern stangs, I'd probably have to go with 03/04 cobras, although the 2000 cobra R is really fucking nice.

Matt

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Force said:
GT500 is nice, but I think I'd much rather have a '71 mach1 cobra jet if you're talking vintage mustrng. For modern stangs, I'd probably have to go with 03/04 cobras, although the 2000 cobra R is really fucking nice.

Matt
i'd want this monster. the new 500 horsepower saleen mustang cobra GT.
Saleen-Mustang-07-1024.jpg

so deliciously awesome

Force

20 Year Member
I was about to point out that saleens suck, but I checked out the specs on the new 281e, and they actually did a good job with it this time around. The whole engine is rebuilt now, or least the 281e is. The other 2 models appear to be plain old gt blocks.

In the past they just took a supercharger and slapped it on a GT engine, which is fine if you don't plan on tuning any further, but it seemed like a major rip to pay 48k for a saleen that maxed out around 500hp (without a major engine rebuild) when you could get a cobra for 10-15k less than that you could take up way past 600hp.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I must be in the minority then on the new Saleen S-281's.

I really don't like the styling at all.

I thought the 1994-2004 Saleen Mustangs were awesome.

I really preferred 1994-1998 though.

A friend of mine has a 1998 Saleen Mustang S-281. Non-supercharged model...Atlantic Blue. Beautiful car.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
My favorite Mustang for pure performance is the 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT. It is so far the best handler and the main reason I like it? INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION.

1247-5.jpg

Force

20 Year Member
Speaking of mustangs, a new 95 cobra R popped up on ebay for a reasonable price. I wasn't really in the market for a new car (just sold my mach1), but the 95 cobra R really is a beast and I could afford this car. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with it?

Matt

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Force said:
Speaking of mustangs, a new 95 cobra R popped up on ebay for a reasonable price. I wasn't really in the market for a new car (just sold my mach1), but the 95 cobra R really is a beast and I could afford this car. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with it?

Matt
umm if you can afford a cobra go for it that's all i can say. nothing drops people's jaws more than seeing one of those mustangs bust out of nowhere and stifl the competition. so many people see them as chick cars, or bad cars, or pieces of crap (i yself see the plain mustang as a chick car) but those cobras man, they're something else.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i think saleen's are over rated.

but whatever model it is. it needs side exhaust.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
NeoSneth said:
i think saleen's are over rated.

but whatever model it is. it needs side exhaust.
amen to that brother. my buddy put side exhaust on his chevy silverado. and i tell ya even though it looked pretty dumb. when you rode in it you felt like a king.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
yes , Saleen's own cars are sexy.

But i never got into the saleen stangs.

Anything shelby was pretty hawt. I am really diggin the new shelby's

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Beautiful, makes me recall the ZZ2.
yeah but the ZZ2 can take out the saleen. much lighter and nimbler. it could easily out preform a saleen on the track in my opinion.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Guys,

I saw a brand new Saleen S-281 Mustang today in my town driving.

I was standing by my car outside the local convience store and I saw a silver Mustang coming and noticed a more aggressive looking front end. I quickly looked up at the windshield and saw the Saleen logo across the top.

I have to say I was impressed with it, it definitely looked much better in person than in the pictures. I really did not like the way it look in the pictures, but I like it now. The only thing I do not like is the center mount exhaust...it didn't look so bad on the previous gen S-281 Extremes, but I just think it looks a little odd on the new ones. Perhaps it is the shape of the exhaust tips, but who knows. Definitely sounded very nice though.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah but the ZZ2 can take out the saleen. much lighter and nimbler. it could easily out preform a saleen on the track in my opinion.
I don't think so. While the ZZ2 is a lighter car, the S7 Twin Turbo (750 hp) would not be that far behind and I would even be willing to bet that the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo could win depending on the course.

0-60 in 2.8 seconds for the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. :D