Capcom vs. SNK

Ash

Bashful Lurker, ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chainsawyak:
"Capcom have made Neo Geo games. Well if you count the pocket anyway."

IIRC, SNK made the NGPC games. They licensed the Capcom names and made SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium and Card Fighters Clash on their own, and Capcom made Capcom vs. SNK Millenium Fight 2000. That's why the respective companies names have top billing in the titles, SNK's game is "SNK vs. Capcom" and Capcom's game is "Capcom vs. SNK". That struck me as kinda silly, SNK vs. Capcom just sounds better, the words flow better.

Good call on SNK Vs Capcom but you're forgeting Rockman Battle + Fighters. That game was made by Capcom and SNK had nothing to do with it. They didn't even publish it.

baller99

Banned
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ravenmgs:
I never said the Dreamcast was not a quality peace of machinery. I do like my Dreamcast, just not for fighters, the fighter conversions concentrate on to many "extras" instead of improving on more pressing things like graphics, gameplay, and more diverse characters. The DC is not "living" it is dead, Sega announced it and the price of a dc dropped to 99 bucks. Now on to your games list..
Crazy Taxi has to be one of the most fun I have ever had playing on my dreamcast, the game is just straight up cool. Sega is good at doing stuff like that. Shenmue
is not all that and more, the game has excellent graphics but the game play and story are enough to bore a person out of their mind. Lots of aimless wondering and boring game play
Jet Set Radio, haven't played it, can't say anything on it.Quake 3, this is a good conversion to a home system but over all it is not a platform game, if you want to play these types of games get an decent computer!
Phantasy Star Online, this game is to addictive! Me and my friend got together and hooked up all our dreamcast to all the different phonelines in the house and played for 4 days solid, some sleep and pizza. How ever the game is nothing more than addictive, the game it's self is poorly done, takes advantage of non of the dreamcast's graphics, (looks like a N64 game) and the actually weapons and level system is the worst I've seen on any RPG. How ever it is quite an accomplishment on a platform system.
Grandia 2, never bought it because of bad reviews, got slammed up one side and down the other.MSR.. what is that??? And youforgot the best one!! Skys of Arcadia! That game is the most pippin rag on the Dreamcast!! And you forgot sonic adventures! Now on to your fighters....

MvsC2, has way to many "extras" with the point system, I hate that, I want more gameplay and less crap cluttering my screen
CvsS, yes this is a god game that's why I want it for my neo geo! Because the DC arcade stick sucks a big one next to the neo geo one! And if you don't think so then why do you even own an neo geo system? The Dreamcast has almost every recent SANK game reproduced for it. Dead or Alive 2, umm you like this game because the "bounce" feature, any game that uses 2 buttons can't get that good admit it. Virtual Fighter 3 this game was a letdown, it wasn't even a full arcade conversion..Vampire Chronicle.. haven't played that..SF Zero 3 and this is ok if you like the old school street fighter style. Soul Caliber, this is kick ass muff said.

In conclusion... I want Capcom games for my NeoGeo, it will never happen, and the DC sucks a big one next to the Neo as far as arcade games go
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ravenmgs (edited March 16, 2001).]

"The DC is not "living" it is dead, Sega announced it and the price of a dc dropped to 99 bucks. "

Do you know how stupid you sound?
Your telling me that the neo geo is alive and kicking while the dreamcast is dead?
Um,
Well, since there will never be any more official home carts, and since dreamcast has a ton of games coming out in the future..which one do you think is dead?

man..i dont even know why i spent time typing the above..what you said is so stupid..its not worth replying to.

Peter

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
jesus! doesnt any one besides me know the real deal with snk vs. capcom? the game is naomi/dreamcast only! A neo port is next to impossible and would look like shit. however snk WAS thinking of releasing thier own version for the AES which would of been thier take on the concept. in other words, A totaly different game. it is looking doubtfull as to weather or not we will ever see this game but lets keep our fingers crossed.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
I agree. As much as I HATE to admit it, the Neo Geo is getting behind the times. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Neo and SNK until the day they die, but truth is truth. And with SNK offically becoming "Aruze", I'm sittin' here prayin' that they... I don't know... make another home system for hardcore gamers like us, or something (though I seriously DOUBT that'll happen...
frown.gif
) I think Sony needs to stop screwin' around and make some 2D games, and then I think SNK... or Aruze, should make some games for Sony. Because (and I don't know why) but every fighter I've played on the Dreamcast is great, but their controllers make me sick to my stomach.

------------------
"And THAT'S what makes me a legend!"

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
Please leave this bord unless you can some hoe analize something intelegently and give a some what mature responce. THe statement "The DC is not "living" it is dead, Sega announced it and the price of a dc dropped to 99 bucks. "

Do you know how stupid you sound?
Your telling me that the neo geo is alive and kicking while the dreamcast is dead?

---- I am telling the poster of this message by his standards, the Dreamcast is dead. However, that brings me to my other arguement which is that if a games system still is being supported with software then it is not dead. Read a little more cairfuly before blowing a load of shit all over the chat board.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hey, I heard that Capcom vs. SNK 2 was coming out for DREAMCAST (!). Any truth to that? And will 2000 Pro come out for a home system, or just arcade? (Damn, I wish that Sony would quit screwin' around!)

------------------
kofTerryAnimated6.gif

"And THAT'S what makes me a legend!"