can you play the hyper 64 on your tv

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
beer30 said:
can you play it on your tv?

If you have some sort of supergun that you wire the extra 2 ground wires and 2 +5v wires. Some Rev 1 motherboards can also only get sound out of the front ports...so you would have to wire that. If you got a REV 2 motherboard, I believe it's regular jamma so I plain jamma supergun would do.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
NGT said:
If you have some sort of supergun that you wire the extra 2 ground wires and 2 +5v wires. Some Rev 1 motherboards can also only get sound out of the front ports...so you would have to wire that. If you got a REV 2 motherboard, I believe it's regular jamma so I plain jamma supergun would do.

Yeah, the newer boards are straight JAMMA compatible. I can switch it out of my candy cab with my 1-slot with no trouble at all. Those are the ones to get. I don't know how to identify them from the others though.

Also, be aware that aside from just those differences there are a bunch of Hyper boards out there. Some will only play certain games (they're set up just for the driving game, etc). The one you really want is the rev 2 one for the fighting games. The 4 fighters are the only ones worth owning on that system anyway.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
you can always dual it into a candy and have both your hyper and your 4 slot setup and not have to swap anything but carts and get stereo out of both ;)

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
beer30 said:
that would be nice

It is ;)

DSCN7147.jpg

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
NGT said:
you can always dual it into a candy and have both your hyper and your 4 slot setup and not have to swap anything but carts and get stereo out of both ;)

How would it know which board to power? I'm obviously not understanding, but I want to know more!

BIG

sony fanboy
Galford Forever said:
How would it know which board to power? I'm obviously not understanding, but I want to know more!

Multi-JAMMA adaptor,via switch.

B-

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Galford Forever said:

I just use a mikes-arcade dual jamma board. Works great, imo.