Can someone describe 2001 Heidern compared to his past versions?

Black Noah

Another Striker
I'll have my KOF 2001 cart in a couple of weeks ( dragging up $300 isn't easy ) - thank God for NCS holding the game for me.

In the meantime, can someone please describe KOF 2001 Heidern for me. ( No more charging? )

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
Well you basically said it. No more charge moves for him. DP+P=Moon Slasher, DP+K=Neck Roller, and QCF+P=CrossCutter.

Other than that he's still the same.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Heidern's CHEAP!
C H E A P
CHEAPITY CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.

He's fast, powerful, has mad counters, powerful and easy to pull wire move and more... I like him a lot in 2k1
hehe

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Good to hear he's still a major player..

I liked him with charge moves, tho..

ray_7

I have never used Heidern in previous KOFs, but I really like him in 2001 coz he has no charge moves anymore.

Great player for mind game!

Black Noah

Another Striker
yeah, I liked him with charge moves too. It's gonna be so hard to break that habit of holding Down-back whenever I use him.

Black Noah

Another Striker
Originally posted by Tora Kouhi:
<strong>Just picture him as a shoto and he should be easy to control.</strong><hr></blockquote>

He's more than a Shoto! More than a SHOOTTOOOO!!!!

*thanks for the tip*

Does he have his KOF 98 default Blue costume as another color?

ray_7

Originally posted by Black Noah:
<strong>

He's more than a Shoto! More than a SHOOTTOOOO!!!!

*thanks for the tip*

Does he have his KOF 98 default Blue costume as another color?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, that color is when you use the kick button to select him.

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
he's slightly faster. got better combo stuff, bad as striker. his standing CD attack is wire.

thats all. da rest, identical to kof98 counterpart.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
His projectile knocks down now. Also, it can be used the same way as Leona's earring bomb. I just played a round where I hit Kensou with the projectile and caught him with a Neck Rolling before he hit the ground. His basically a command version of Guile.

Weak projectile, follow it in, wait to see what opponent does, counter accordinally.

Grrr...Like I said before, I knew nothing good could have come from his return.

I'm not a Heidern fan, sue me.

Black Noah

Another Striker
Originally posted by ray_7:
<strong>

Yes, that color is when you use the kick button to select him.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes! *Does Krauser's 96' victory arm pump*

Chikahiro

n00b
Grrr...Like I said before, I knew nothing good could have come from his return.

I'm not a Heidern fan, sue me.
<hr></blockquote>

Well, I am, and I have to agree to a certain extent. Heidern is one of those characters that never seems to get toned down...kinda like FF's Kim. They should've left him as a charger...his moves are too good not to have some sort of "cost" associated with them, and having to charge (ie, premeditate) your actions was good enough.

I'll use him, no prob, but I will agree with anybody who says he's cheesy too. Heck, take the 2001 version of Heidern, and you've got the boss for how many other fighters (excellent projectile, anti air, good counter for projectiles, health returning super, etc).