Can anyone actually play AOF2?!

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
SonGohan:
Good stuff, Plisken.
What? you taught me all that i know, master SonGohan :p !

I will have to try that Low sweep > Fierce sweep myself...as you can see from my post i usually do 2 light sweeps then back out.

Edit:

I just tried again and got a perfect on him! He is a SUCKER for the Fierce leg sweep. Then i just dodged his Rolling Uppers. and kept rebounding of the wall and Sweeping him.

If you back off and he keeps walking toward you, try Fierce Punch or the Roundhouse - He will walk RIGHT into it every time. Then try and grab him to lob him, and then Hoahken him for the instant dizzy.

BTW. Mickey's stage and music rules. The music track is the best in AOF2 imo.

<small>[ February 26, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Plisken and Son, thank you for the tips, will try them out in a little bit. :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hope we can help out at all.

But yeah Plisken, the computer is pretty stupid the way they'll just walk into things. My favorite person to face is Jack, because he's a complete idiot when it comes to walking into stuff. Try doing a feirce punch while he's walking towards you. A lot of times you'll smack him in the face, OR he will block it, then immediately try his walk-in punch, flying kick, or his butt smash (where he jumps in the air and lands on you a few times with his ass). All of these moves have incredible recovery time, so bam load up.

Over and over and over again.. weeee, so fun! Out of the whole game, I think Eiji is probably the hardest (moreso than even Geese). For some reason when he throws me I can NOT land from them. I always take full damage. No other person is like this. I can land from everybody else's throws 100%, but not Eiji. First I thought it was something special for him, but when I use him the CPU landed from my throws so I'm like WTF. Plus his projectile deflector is a god damn bitch because I forget he has it a lot. He has his little patterns as well (such as taunting and immediately doing his version of Kim's hishokyaku).

The game in whole is way too much fun. The graphics are still superb, even for today. I like them moreso than AOF3, for the simple fact that they don't see over-done like AOF3. Nice, big, colorful sprites, with awesome animation.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
yeah i've noticed that Eiji can be a total bitch, his projectile deflector will always hit you - if your not the whole screen back you wont be able to block in time.He likes to riverdance on your head a lot too. Eiji's BG is also very impressive with all those smok effects.

I also agree that AOF2 is better than 3. Three has such annoying constant knockdowns,and the fights seem a bit boring compared to the intensity of AOF2. The AOF3 cd special box sure is a nice lookin' kit, though wink im hoping to win Neobomberman's auction for it.

Also, why is it that every game series that gets a Huge animation overhaul loses all it's best characters? Look at Street Fighter 3 ; Garou MOTW and AOF3. All of them look sublime but lose most the classic, established characters, which in turn has adetrimental impact on the whole game IMO.

Hopefully one day we will see a beuatifully animated Street Fighter or Garou... but this time, with some of the favourites back please. :)

<small>[ February 26, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>

buster_broon

The Rock,
Plisken:
get your dirty hands off! tickled
if i win it - you can have my old copy - this one sounds in better condition

and i already have some stuff on order from Jon - so i'm looking to get my monies worth with shipping

let battle commence :D buttrock

ps/ sorry Mike

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
buster_broon:
Plisken:
get your dirty hands off! tickled
if i win it - you can have my old copy - this one sounds in better condition

and i already have some stuff on order from Jon - so i'm looking to get my monies worth with shipping

let battle commence :D buttrock

ps/ sorry Mike
but i dont want to have to wait till june for it

i'm winning it currently

but i think as you already have one that's a bit greedy on your part

no offense frown

buster_broon

The Rock,
Plisken:
but i dont want to have to wait till june for it

i'm winning it currently

but i think as you already have one that's a bit greedy on your part

no offense :(
i know Mike but its the collector in me - always trying to better the stuff i have, there is another one on ebay but its around 45usd

on ebay i am a sniping bastard - learned the hard way

but i am going thru a moral dilemma, sign up for 'gentlemanly ebay conduct'

thundr51

Bead Banger
I've always heard a lot about this game and since i've pretty much acquired most of the other neo games that I want perhaps I should venture into the realm that is AOF.
I remember playing AOF1 way back at my local bowling alley in HS. ALWAYS got beat down by Todo... decided to play SS2 instead. lemme check the prices on these gems...

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
<small>[ March 04, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>

X-death

Raiden's Valet
The AES cartridge game is way better than the
CD. Alot of the characters suck in AOF. I think they are all retarted Street Fighter wanna bes(other than Robert,Yuri,King,Eiji,Mr.Big,Takuma). They gameplay is solid and it is a hella hard game. I have just always wondered why the characters are so fucking big?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
If only I knew how to insert the damn cart I might be able to play it. But alas...