C.o.E in Resistance Church fury.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
After seeing this on the news I had to see if there was anything online about it but all I could find as yet was on aol and it doesn't allow outside linking so here's what's going on.

"The Church of England has threatened legal action against Sony after it used a cathedral without permission as the backdrop to an ultra-violent computer game.

Church leaders have accused Sony of the "desecration" of Manchester Cathedral, after the firm set one of its top-selling games inside the place of worship.

The new Play-Station3 game, titled Resistance: Fall of Man, which has sold more than one million copies, sees a virtual shoot-out between rival gunman with hundreds killed during a gun battle inside the cathedral in an orgy of blood.

Church officials described Sony's use of the building as "sick" and sacrilegious.

The Church say Sony did not ask for permission to use the cathedral and has demanded an apology and the removal of the game from shop shelves - otherwise legal action will be considered.

Sony has not returned calls to officials from the Church.

The firm is also branded irresponsible for choosing Manchester - a city plagued by gun violence which has left tens of youngsters dead.

The Bishop of Manchester, the Rt Rev Nigel McCulloch, said; "It is well known that Manchester has a gun crime problem.

"For a global manufacturer to re-create one of our great Cathedrals with photo-realistic quality and then encourage people to have guns battles in the building is beyond belief and highly irresponsible.

"Here in Manchester we do all we can to support communities through our parish clergy, we know the reality of gun crime and the devastating effects it can have on the lives - it is not a trivial matter."

It's just more sanctimonius posturing from the God botherers. More people have died in the name of religion than other cause.

What do they think is going to happen, some crackhead thug is going to ditch his 9mil or his blade for a LAARK and a handful of hedgehog mines.

If the church thinks it has any real influence then why hasn't it been able to solve any of the problems in Manc?

Have they come out asking for games like GTA to be removed from Manchester shop shelves because in certain areas it's actually a mirror for all the crap that goes in in those games.

It's just a case of 'Not in my House.'

The church should stick to what it's good at, conning money out of the weak minded.

Last edited:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
We should all know by now, the C of E are fucking stupid.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:

Unfortunately I need to mention that making that statement alone confirms beyond any doubt you are an idiot.

While you may not personally like organized religion, to say all of it is stupid is something that just reeks of ignorance.

Organized religion is extremely useful as long as it is not taken to radicalist levels. But then the same could be said of many ideologies/beliefs.

Sure many wars have been fought in the name of religion, to attempt to try to reduce religion to something as not worthwhile is pathetic.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
DangerousK said:
Unfortunately I need to mention that making that statement alone confirms beyond any doubt you are an idiot.

While you may not personally like organized religion, to say all of it is stupid is something that just reeks of ignorance.

Organized religion is extremely useful as long as it is not taken to radicalist levels. But then the same could be said of many ideologies/beliefs.

Sure many wars have been fought in the name of religion, to attempt to try to reduce religion to something as not worthwhile is pathetic.

ROFL, here's a thought, how about get fucked dickhead.:lol:

Religion does NOTHING beneficial.It preys on primitive fears inherent in the weak minded who feel that their lives are worthless unless they spend their time praying for some kind of salvation from a fictional diety that despite all their pleas does nothing.

The world and all that runs upon it created in seven days, please give me a break.All these religions vying for the minds of the retarded, all half of them want is the money in your pocket and the rest just want to rule your life through doctrine.

If something bad happens, it is the will of God, if nothing bad happens it is Gods munificence. LOL.

If you want to pray then do so but don't start getting all high and mighty because someone doesn't subscribe to your brand of brainwashing.

All religion is only one stones throw from being radical, you say one thing against it and the titheads come creeping out from under the choirmasters vestments ready to go a burnin'.

:multi_co: :loco: :lolz:

*gets ready for further backlash from the skypilot brigade- so what's next, running off to one of the mods to give me a slap on the wrist or the banhammer because that's all godfreaks want, to instill some kind of retribution to anyone who has the audacity to say anything of a negative nature*

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:

Religion does NOTHING beneficial.It preys on primitive fears inherent in the weak minded who feel that their lives are worthless unless they spend their time praying for some kind of salvation from a fictional diety that despite all their pleas does nothing.

The world and all that runs upon it created in seven days, please give me a break.All these religions vying for the minds of the retarded, all half of them want is the money in your pocket and the rest just want to rule your life through doctrine.

If something bad happens, it is the will of God, if nothing bad happens it is Gods munificence. LOL.

If you want to pray then do so but don't start getting all high and mighty because someone doesn't subscribe to your brand of brainwashing.

All religion is only one stones throw from being radical, you say one thing against it and the titheads come creeping out from under the choirmasters vestments ready to go a burnin'.

*gets ready for further backlash from the skypilot brigade- so what's next, running off to one of the mods to give me a slap on the wrist or the banhammer because that's all godfreaks want, to instill some kind of retribution to anyone who has the audacity to say anything of a negative nature*

Homer2.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If religion didn't exist, asshole extremists would still find a reason to kill, just not in the name of Allah or whatever anymore.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Did England institute infinite copyright while I wasn't looking? No? Okay, well, a fucking 200 year old building isn't protected as a creative work. They created a digital representation of it, which could at most be a copyright violation (in our insane ol' US, at least).

(And yes I know it's like a thousand years old, but it's been changed since then, so STFU brits)

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Its not as if the game just came out.....

DangerousK

20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:

As I expected, you have absolutely no argument you can make to even support what you are saying.

You know what religion does that is beneficial?

-Gives hope to those who are in dire situations in life whether they be facing death or other circumstances. That alone can keep them going.

-Organized religion has helped those in extreme poverty as well as slews of other good causes.

-It adds moral fabric to society. This is extremely important for the well being of society on the whole. Without any sense of morality, society cannot exist because it would be a state of chaos. Morality is one of the key components to society existing and religion helps to promote morality.

-Look at what a man such as Mahatma Gandhi did because of his religious beliefs.

Look if you want to be a complete ignorant jackass, that is your right.

But don't write checks your ass can't cash.

You HAVE NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER.

I'm not a religious person by any means but I don't subscribe to the tenets of stupidity which is clearly what you do.

You can't prove God doesn't exist so saying it is a "fictional deity" has no merits whatsoever.

Some of the most weak minded people in history saw religion as being beneficial. They helped found this country for example. They were among the most brilliant minds of any age.

Do you have anything else you would like to add? That high school education doesn't seem to have helped you in the slightest.

Just because your a miserable fuck doesn't mean you should try and belittle others who happen to be happy because of something you don't like.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's the best game for PS3, and they're being asked to stop selling it? Or remove the scene -- after the game has been on shelves this long? That would be retarded. I sure would hope that Sony won't give in to those demands.

It also sets dangerous precedent: Soon game companies won't be able to use any real locations in any of their games for fear of legal action.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I think The Church of Microsoft started this.... ;)

Wazzappp Alllllleeeeeeeeeeec!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yay, Bill. "Your powers are powerless against me."

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I find it funny how the BBC are so keen on this story, yet amazingly managed to play down a certain aspect of it. You won't find the information below on the BBC's site.

'A recent episode of Doctor Who, "The Lazarus Experiment," featured a climactic battle in Somerset's Wells Cathedral.'.

The BBC's take on this information? Well, here you go:

'"It is entertainment, like Doctor Who or any other science fiction. It is not based on reality at all. Throughout the whole process we have sought permission where necessary."

lol

I wonder if the climactic battle in Somerset's Wells Cathedral saw, 'hundreds of enemies', killed?

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
DangerousK said:
As I expected, you have absolutely no argument you can make to even support what you are saying.

You know what religion does that is beneficial?

-Gives hope to those who are in dire situations in life whether they be facing death or other circumstances. That alone can keep them going.

-Organized religion has helped those in extreme poverty as well as slews of other good causes.

-It adds moral fabric to society. This is extremely important for the well being of society on the whole. Without any sense of morality, society cannot exist because it would be a state of chaos. Morality is one of the key components to society existing and religion helps to promote morality.

-Look at what a man such as Mahatma Gandhi did because of his religious beliefs.

Look if you want to be a complete ignorant jackass, that is your right.

But don't write checks your ass can't cash.

You HAVE NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER.

I'm not a religious person by any means but I don't subscribe to the tenets of stupidity which is clearly what you do.

You can't prove God doesn't exist so saying it is a "fictional deity" has no merits whatsoever.

Some of the most weak minded people in history saw religion as being beneficial. They helped found this country for example. They were among the most brilliant minds of any age.

Do you have anything else you would like to add? That high school education doesn't seem to have helped you in the slightest.

Just because your a miserable fuck doesn't mean you should try and belittle others who happen to be happy because of something you don't like.

ROFL, keep flogging that dead horse.

If I say there is no individual deity then there is none.

Just because a bunch of slack-jawed idiots believe that some phantoms are playing cosmic chess with their lives, testing them in everything they do then so be it, but they don't have to come wailing and whinging about one thing and not another.

You have no arguement, there...is...no...god.

Superstitious bullshit peddled by liars and moneygrabbers. Most organised religions are corrupt to the core, selling absolution for the price of putting your hand in your pocket.

Bleating about helping the needy whilst raiding the coffers. Ghandi wanted to raise the plight of the people of India who were oppressed and had nothing but fear to rule their lives, he organised mass peaceful demonstrations to get over his message of strength without violence, something tangible not reading some fairy story of a man walking on water or suddenly being able to feed five thousand people with a happy meal and a fillet o' fish.

If you rank among the gullible then that's your problem, don;t try to foist your crap down my throat.

All the C of E is after is a.money and b. publicity. The numbers of the terminally gullible have continually fallen over the years, this means less money in the coffers. The see this as an easy target to try and screw some money out of a big company, using the most spurious of reasons to be outraged.

Why are they upset?

They keep going on about "a massive battle with multiple deaths inside the cathedral"

Yeah they are nearly right, but are they humans you are fighting? No.

They are fictional beings, ones that take over and subsume the humans they come in contact with and make them one of their own drones, changed beyond all recognition to do the bidding of the evil that has taken them over.............these demon-like creatures taking over the souls of humans, and one lone human fighting back against these foul, unholy monsters and vanquishing them with whatever he has it his disposal in the very house of God............sounds just like an Old Testament story to me, it should bring in the punters no end.

There is probably more proof that Casper is more lilely to be real than God.

Begone god botherer, I think your creationsim class has started.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
soopafamicom said:
ROFL, keep flogging that dead horse.

If I say there is no individual deity then there is none.

Just because a bunch of slack-jawed idiots believe that some phantoms are playing cosmic chess with their lives, testing them in everything they do then so be it, but they don't have to come wailing and whinging about one thing and not another.

You have no arguement, there...is...no...god.

Superstitious bullshit peddled by liars and moneygrabbers. Most organised religions are corrupt to the core, selling absolution for the price of putting your hand in your pocket.

Bleating about helping the needy whilst raiding the coffers. Ghandi wanted to raise the plight of the people of India who were oppressed and had nothing but fear to rule their lives, he organised mass peaceful demonstrations to get over his message of strength without violence, something tangible not reading some fairy story of a man walking on water or suddenly being able to feed five thousand people with a happy meal and a fillet o' fish.

If you rank among the gullible then that's your problem, don;t try to foist your crap down my throat.

All the C of E is after is a.money and b. publicity. The numbers of the terminally gullible have continually fallen over the years, this means less money in the coffers. The see this as an easy target to try and screw some money out of a big company, using the most spurious of reasons to be outraged.

Why are they upset?

They keep going on about "a massive battle with multiple deaths inside the cathedral"

Yeah they are nearly right, but are they humans you are fighting? No.

They are fictional beings, ones that take over and subsume the humans they come in contact with and make them one of their own drones, changed beyond all recognition to do the bidding of the evil that has taken them over.............these demon-like creatures taking over the souls of humans, and one lone human fighting back against these foul, unholy monsters and vanquishing them with whatever he has it his disposal in the very house of God............sounds just like an Old Testament story to me, it should bring in the punters no end.

There is probably more proof that Casper is more lilely to be real than God.

Begone god botherer, I think your creationsim class has started.

Remember, just because you have an opinion, it does not mean it is fact.

Don't mix the two up.

Again, you have zero argument you can make. The above post proves it.

Keep digging a hole for yourself...it's all the more amusing. Stupidity knows no limits.

Your ignorance is pathetic because you seem to have missed the part where I said I am not a religious person. Sorry I burst your little bubble. I feel bad for people like you. You'll never go anywhere in life because you believe opinion is fact.

Nice try though.

Have a nice day.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'm a militant agnostic.

I don't know and neither do any of you fuckers.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
DangerousK said:
Remember, just because you have an opinion, it does not mean it is fact.

Don't mix the two up.

Again, you have zero argument you can make. The above post proves it.

Keep digging a hole for yourself...it's all the more amusing. Stupidity knows no limits.

Your ignorance is pathetic because you seem to have missed the part where I said I am not a religious person. Sorry I burst your little bubble. I feel bad for people like you. You'll never go anywhere in life because you believe opinion is fact.

Nice try though.

Have a nice day.

LOL..........POT..........KETTLE...........BLACK

While you're on your knees.........get your pen out and fill this in, don't let your tears spoil the paper

u2jj1181344756.jpg

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Religion is just:
1. A crutch for people who can't think independently
2. A reason to kill people
3. A means by which to mentally oppress people.

Andyh

Cheng's Errand Boy
SpamYouToDeath said:
Religion is just:
2. A reason to kill people
3. A means by which to mentally oppress people.

QFT

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
SpamYouToDeath said:
Religion is just:
2. A reason to kill or opress people who have different ideologies to your own
3. A means by which to mentally oppress people with fears of what will happen to their id after they die .

Not fixed, just added to.