c-c-c-combo breaker - President Trump!

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Quadrennial reminder that just like every other election cycle, one set of people will clamor that this is the end of the world and collapse of our nation...but it continues regardless. If you're happy, good for you. If you're dissatisfied, better luck next time.

The people of the liberal persuasion need to either dissolve the DNC or do some serious soul-searching, though. Not only for their loss but for letting them run Clinton in the first place.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Trump trolled himself to VICTOLY!! Pretty clever guy I must admit...many people fell to his amateurish traps. Well Hillary wasn't good either. To be honest he might actually be "ok" president. Nobody knows how he handles politics. We in europe see him mainly as a rich showman.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

He's quite fervent about it, but he's right. For Trump to win, people had to switch sides. In 2012, concerning the popular, Obama won by a staggering 5 million votes. As of my last checking, Clinton is ahead by 220K. +5,000,000 -vs- +220,000 is quite the swing.

Obama crushed Romney in the electoral bringing in 332 -vs- 206.

So far Trump -vs- Clinton is sitting at 279 -vs- 228...I know Trump won but I wonder when they will release a complete total figuring only 507 of the 538 are accounted for.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
He's quite fervent about it, but he's right. For Trump to win, people had to switch sides. In 2012, concerning the popular, Obama won by a staggering 5 million votes. As of my last checking, Clinton is ahead by 220K. +5,000,000 -vs- +220,000 is quite the swing.

Not really. Estimates are 10 million fewer people turned out to vote, which would more than accommodate a swing of 5m without people switching from Obama to Trump.

Not saying it didn't happen, just saying the numbers don't make him right.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Not really. Estimates are 10 million fewer people turned out to vote, which would more than accommodate a swing of 5m without people switching from Obama to Trump.

Not saying it didn't happen, just saying the numbers don't make him right.

Yeah, but the math is solid and still there. Even though there are currently about 7 million less total votes present in the '16 election vs the 12, % is % and Trump won a much higher % of the total pool than Romney. This means that either a shit ton of Democrat voters stayed home, or those in the available pool swapped sides.

The Sanders clucsterfuck is (in my opinion), cost the DNC the seat. Like it or not, the DNC played some serious dirty pool with that guy and pissed off a ton of voters in the process.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Yeah, but the math is solid and still there. Even though there are currently about 7 million less total votes present in the '16 election vs the 12, % is % and Trump won a much higher % of the total pool than Romney. This means that either a shit ton of Democrat voters stayed home, or those in the available pool swapped sides.

The Sanders clucsterfuck is (in my opinion), cost the DNC the seat. Like it or not, the DNC played some serious dirty pool with that guy and pissed off a ton of voters in the process.

It actually looks like ~2 million fewer people voted for Trump yesterday than they did for Romney in 2012, so it's looking more like a good chunk of previously left-leaning voters didn't show up.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It actually looks like ~2 million fewer people voted for Trump yesterday than they did for Romney in 2012, so it's looking more like a good chunk of previously left-leaning voters didn't show up.

Exactly. My guess would be that a whole lot of ethnic minorities took a look at the card this time round, decided they're fucked both ways and stayed in their homes, rather than a raft of Obama voters switching to Trump.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is also that a lot of states have made it harder for people to vote. Particularly people in urban areas run by a Republican administration.