Buying extra NGX joystick controllers in Canada?

c0ldb33r

n00b
Any other Canadian NGX owners in here?

I want to get another stick for my NGX. AFAIK only EB Games sold the NGX at release. My local EB doesn't have any in stock. In fact, I think they only ordered my NGX :lolz:

So, getting another stick in store isn't possible.

I think that the options in Canada are:
  • EBGames.ca has the stick for $49.99 (link)
  • Bestbuy also has the stick for $49.99 (link)
Is there anywhere to get these sticks in store? Is there anywhere cheaper? I'd love to pick them up on clearance at some point.

Try some local game stores around your area. That's the only place I could find my NGX and my extra fight stick. If you don't have any local game stores I guess the only option would be to buy one online.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
I live in the US and couldn't find one for sale within a ~100mi radius, so I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon. I wouldn't expect them to be a regular stock item anywhere.

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I had this same issue, no store carries it on location (at least in the states) and it seems to be an online only/special order kind of deal.

I've been trying to work out a deal to sell NGX at my store but I've been completely ignored. I think they only want to deal with the big companies.

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
I had this same issue, no store carries it on location (at least in the states) and it seems to be an online only/special order kind of deal.

I've been trying to work out a deal to sell NGX at my store but I've been completely ignored. I think they only want to deal with the big companies.

Way to go Tommo, take a dump on those that are trying to support you most...

c0ldb33r

n00b
I expected as much. Thanks everyone.

Hopefully if they start releasing more games they'll establish a presence in physical stores.

I'm not surprised - the guy at my local EB laughed when I asked him if they expect to get any joysticks in.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I called a couple EB stores and they say this is a special order item ... no store will stock either the NGX or its accessory.. Online I think is the way to go.

jrronimo

n00b
I didn't even bother to look in local stores; I went straight to amazon. $50 with free 2-day shipping due to Prime; not even worth my time to look in local stores.

If it's somehow cheaper currency-conversion-wise, I could order another one and mail it to you in Canada... but after shipping it's probably not worth it. Our dollars are about equal at the moment, yeah?