Buy-Rite Games SCREWING over NEO FANS

Slice&Dice

New Challenger
I ordered a Neo-Geo Arcade stick from these assclowns 2 weeks ago, because I live on campus and do not have a car....so I cannot drive down to the store which is only 45 minutes away.....

So, when I called up and ordered, the lady seemed nice enough, I was told that there were many Neo Sticks in stock, all in Mint condition. I payed extra to have my item rush ordered to me.

After not getting my neo stick after waiting for 3 days, I called them up, and I was hung up on 4 times. I finally got someone on the phone, and they told me to hold, someone else picked up, and I explained the problem to them. They put me on hold and someone else picked up. and then I was hung up on again.

Now I was just straight up pissed off, and they weren't answering my calls. So I got a hold of the manager the next day, and he assured me that my order had been packaged and shipped out and I should have recieved it in the mail.

After not recieving it three days later, and remember, I live 45 minutes away and paid for rush shipping.....I called them again. This time, the guy told me that there were no neo controllers in stock. then he hung up.

I called back 30 minutes later, I was told that there were several Neo controllers in stock. I simply do not know what to believe now. I do know that these assclowns took the money out of my account the FIRST DAY. They have no intentions of refunding the rush shipping i payed for.

I just recieved an email yesterday, that my order had been shipped out. This was an automated message, so these assclowns had been lying to me the whole time. I am going to not only sue them, but I am going to turn them into the BBB for Fraud.............

http://www.buyritegames.com

their website looks proffesional, but they are anything but that...
these ppl. are scam artist, they claim to have rare neo stuff in stock, they take your money and send you nothing.
....to my surpised, I found out that they have had 173 cases filed against them in the past year with the Better Business Bureau and one pissed off customer even started a website boycotting the store.....check out the audio recording he did where they kicked him out of the store.

http://www.boycottbuyritegames.com

I just wanted to warn all of the Neo Fans on this site to never buy anything from this store.....they will fuck you over and over and I still dont' know if they actually shipped out my item that I was supposed to have rush shipped to my dorm room, 45 min. away, over 2 weeks ago.

Have any of you guys delt with this company and had similar problems?

:very_ang: :very_ang: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :blow_top: :blow_top: :blow_top:

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
DAMN............

Get ready for a huge line to answer your topic..:very_ang:

EVERYBODY HERE HATES THEM:mad:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
..... nah... too easy.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
cancel your credit card payment.

It worked for Drift King Ex

Johnny T-Bird

Quiz Detective
Buyrite are a bunch of time wasting, useless, dick head, morons who don't have a clue about what there doing. Being one of their victims; most of the stock advertised is never in stock. They take your money and then go and looking for the game. They are always very quick at charging your card, but very very slow at sending your stuff. They need a good kick up the ass. Bunch of wank stain dick headed assholes.

Last edited:

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
It took 3 weeks for my KOF 2002 DC to show up.... I bought it on Ebay, under one of their aliases, otherwise I would have never purchased it.

Buy wrong!:mad: :very_ang: :blow_top: :angry:

Slice&Dice

New Challenger
HOW IS THIS STORE ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN IF THEY HAVE 173 CASES FILED AGAINST THEM WITH THE BBB IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?????:very_ang: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
I purchased a neo geo aes system package that they were selling! I didn't recieve a e-mail from them in a month! By the time I got their message, I already bought a neo from someone else! I was so mad, I punched hole in my wall! Buyrite are a bunch of dickheads! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
BBB is a reputation service, they really aren't much of an enforcement agency. I would file for mail fraud with USPS if they claimed to have shipped it. Chargeback your CC as soon as you can.

Black Noah

Another Striker
Seriously, someone needs to make a "Avoid Buyrite" thread and make it a sticky.

These "screwed over stories" are getting old. We all know about Buy-rite, but people continue to buy from them. It's like people WANT to be fucked over so they'll have a story to share.

Blah blah, rare item for cheap, said in stock, but it isn't, charged credit card, didn't ship for a long time WAH WAH, heard it all before. I stopped feeling sorry for people who'd been screwed over by them, and KNOWINGLY purchased something from them a long time ago.

Those who purchase from them on eBay without knowing, that's a bit of a different case (which wouldn't be if you took time to read their feedback).

You give those bastards your money, you don't deserve to get your shit, plain and simple.

*MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY, PLEASE*

jefmcc

Armored Scrum Object
The "people" that run Buy Rite are the biggest blight on videogamers in the USA. Almost every video game related website has it's fair share of people that HATE Buy Rite with a passion.

They screwed me.

If I'm ever in in thier area again, you can bet they will get a visit.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Slice&Dice said:
HOW IS THIS STORE ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN IF THEY HAVE 173 CASES FILED AGAINST THEM WITH THE BBB IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS?????:very_ang: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because people much like yourself keep buying from them.

Did you know of their reputation before you purchased from them?

Greedo

Zero's Secretary
One month for my matrimelee and 70$ of custom charges :mad:
The game was sent without protection :very_ang: :very_ang:
Very bad deal:blow_top:

Slice&Dice

New Challenger
First off, to the assholes who are giving me shit from buying an item from this company when I didn't know their reputation, fuck you. Im just trying to warn people about the company, since I just found out for myself. I haven't been on this site for long, so I haven't checked past threads......and I actually got my Neo Geo controller in the mail today and the ball is so cracked to hell it feels like it is going to fall apart, the logo is completely faded, and it is scratched to hell. I specifically asked about the condion of the sticks when ordering and was told that they were in Mint condition, free of drastic flaws. FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO HATE BUY RITE, I AM GOING DOWN THERE THIS WEEKEND, AND IM GONNA BRING THE HATE WITH ME.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Slice&Dice said:
First off, to the assholes who are giving me shit from buying an item from this company when I didn't know their reputation, fuck you. Im just trying to warn people about the company, since I just found out for myself. I haven't been on this site for long, so I haven't checked past threads......and I actually got my Neo Geo controller in the mail today and the ball is so cracked to hell it feels like it is going to fall apart, the logo is completely faded, and it is scratched to hell. I specifically asked about the condion of the sticks when ordering and was told that they were in Mint condition, free of drastic flaws. FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO HATE BUY RITE, I AM GOING DOWN THERE THIS WEEKEND, AND IM GONNA BRING THE HATE WITH ME.

Sorry to be below the belt, but make sure you take a gun with you as we all know that a gun is a great extension of your anger;)

No seiously, just keep your head and get them the intelligent way. Reverse the payment on your credit card, file a compaint to the correct commitee and never buy from them again:) Eventually some action will be taken and although they must feel untouchable they will get their kick up the arse in the end;)

Q

qube

God I hate hearing about Buywrong. It always reminds me of my own bad experience with them:mad: Fortunatly I reversed my CC payment, so all I lost was time, frustration, and a couple bucks in long distance calls. They are real dicks on the phone, and they don't ever answer e-mails. Someone should burn their store down and hack their website to shit.

I have my story on boycottbuyrite.com:envy:

Q-

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
we'll i've been hearing about buy rite for a long time now.glad i never ordered anything from them.

what is their e mail address???

how about we all send them them an e mail that says

"fuck you,you bunch of cock smokers,learn how to run a business"

that would be fun!

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Now that NGF has gone by the wayside, I think this board's fervent flame should be directed toward these misguided retail hooligans, especially since they're selling SO much Neo shit on EBay these days. They need to be shut the fuck down.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Next time, be sure, and buy from Shawn!

Get the protection you need! (and I'm not talking about sanitary napkins either!!!)

The Neo-Store :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Slice&Dice

New Challenger
assholes's email is email@buyrite.net

send HATE here.

you can curse them out on the phone like I did if you ever can get them to pick up the phone for longer than a sec. without them putting you on hold immediately and just not picking up the phone again.

919-872-2440

aria

Former Moderator
Cancel your payment.

If they and ship it to you late they can't, since the postmark would be after you stop payment.

File a complaint with the BBB, at least it'll help warn others.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Slice&Dice said:

Yes you're new.

I'm tired of hearing about people who get jacked by Buy Rite. Yes it sucks, but it's the same as NGF was. Even with all of the bad stories about them, people still bought from them.

However, simple rule of thumb, if you don't know anything about an online game retailer, do not order from them unless you have checked with folks about reliability, service, etc. Same thing with Ebay. When it comes to the Neo Geo you can never be too careful. There are only select people I will buy home carts from because I know there is minimal risk involved. No point in taking unneccesary chances because as the saying goes, if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. Also just keep this in mind, with the Neo Geo you are better off buying from individual folks as opposed to online game stores. Truthfully most of the places don't understand the collectibility factor that makes some of us incredibly anal about the games, accessories, systems, etc. So they will generally pass of shit they think is mint that really isn't by this group's standards on the whole.

slerch666

updyke,
Slice&Dice said:

Take the stick with you and show them what "quality" it is. Tell them you want a refund. Make them do it right then and there. Do NOT leave the stick with them until the credit goes through, otherwise you're likely to be fucked again and be left not only a "few" dollars short, but you won't even have an item to show for it. Take the box they packed it in with you as well so they can't blame it on the post office.

Even though you don't have a car, I think you should have verified, visually, that they had the sticks in stock. Of course, you didn't know they were such pig fuckers beforehand; no reason to distrust a company that displays the VeriSign thing on their site, is there? Until you find out their VeriSign account EXPIRED early this year!

And the person who runs the boycott buyrite site hangs out on the boards I believe (sorry to offend anyone, but I can't recall the member's name).

I made 3 purchases with BuyRite for 3 Saturn imports, the sent me a PSX Tekken 3 import accidentally one time, but they corrected it. This was LONG before I came here, hell, it was before this forum existed on this particular site.

After reading everyone else's stories though, I avoid them like the plague and urge everyone else to do the same.

I agree that the a BuyRite thread should be stickied somewhere, and in the thread people should list ALL of the aliases they use on eBay so we all know who to avoid.

ROBOTRON

Marked Wolf
L33T!

BuyRite.gif

NUFF SAID:spock: